On "Cripples"

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Trump's lighting up the e-verse with his gaffe of "mocking a crippled reporter"

Gotta dig into this a bit, but my first thought was:

Is it politically correct to refer to the handicapped as "cripples"?

8132b01bd66b506af8b2c4131b1cb30c.jpg

ok doser

here in new york state, in education, we've moved away from "retarded" and use "developmentally delayed"

i'm not aware of any politically correct angst around the terminology for physical disability

but i'm confident that somewhere out there, someone is offended :chuckle:

ok doser

"the times spokesman says they find it outrageous that trump would ridicule the man's appearance"

:think:

i wonder if the new york times ever described rush limbaugh as fat

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I saw the video.

It did not appear that Trump was mocking someone's physical handicap, as claimed by the media.

It appeared that Trump was mocking the stupidity shown by the statement that the reporter made about not being able to remember anything about Muslims in America cheering on 9/11.

Oh, because I saw him gimp his hand and make a claw and start shaking, with his arm bent at the elbow, then making faces and changing his voice. It's well documented that's what he did, no matter what you saw.

musterion

Why was it acceptable to make fun of Bush's slight but unfortunate facial resemblance to a chimp? Where's the line between what's fair game and what isn't, and who decides?

ok doser

Why was it acceptable to make fun of Bush's slight but unfortunate facial resemblance to a chimp? Where's the line between what's fair game and what isn't, and who decides?

the whiny left, of course

they are the arbiters of hurt feelings

genuineoriginal

Oh, because I saw him gimp his hand and make a claw and start shaking, with his arm bent at the elbow, then making faces and changing his voice. It's well documented that's what he did, no matter what you saw.
I said I saw the video.
It did not appear that Trump was mocking someone's physical handicap.

It did appear that Trump was mocking someone's mental handicap.

But, the retarded reporter is not claiming that Trump is mocking his retardation, he is claiming that Trump is mocking his physical handicaps.

That just proves that he is so stupid that Trump's mockery of his mental deficiencies is spot on.

shagster01

The line is when you want to be the leader of the country. I don't want the people who compared Bush to a chimp running this country either.

genuineoriginal

Trump denies ever having met the disabled reporter he is accused of cruelly mimicking and says the 'poor guy' should stop using his disability to 'GRANDSTAND'

I have no idea who this reporter, Serge Kovalski is, what he looks like or his level of intelligence. I don’t know if he is J.J. Watt or Muhammad Ali in his prime --- or somebody of less athletic or physical ability. I know nothing about him other than I have great respect for the way he wrote the story, on September 18, 2001, and in particular the paragraph talking about Muslims and tailgate parties taking place in New Jersey.
It appears the Pulitzer prize winning reporter is trying to use his disability for an additional 15 minutes of fame by falsely accusing Trump of mocking him.

Either that, or he is just another whiny liberal moron.