ECT Obey the Gospel

glorydaz

Yep.
Along with...

King James Bible
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Yes, that is the house of Israel....not the body of Christ.

Remember, Jesus was the Messiah the Jews had been waiting for. All those early Jewish believers were being persecuted by Jews like Paul who rejected and crucified the Messiah. Paul was persecuting Christ's Messianic Church.

They were zealous of the law, but under the dispensation of Grace given to Paul, believers were delivered from the law. Two different groups with different rules. One set of rules for the Kingdom believers and one set of rules for the body of Christ. Different rules.

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:​

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Yes, that is the house of Israel....not the body of Christ.

Remember, Jesus was the Messiah the Jews had been waiting for. All those early Jewish believers were being persecuted by Jews like Paul who rejected and crucified the Messiah. Paul was persecuting Christ's Messianic Church.

They were zealous of the law, but under the dispensation of Grace given to Paul, believers were delivered from the law. Two different groups with different rules. One set of rules for the Kingdom believers and one set of rules for the body of Christ. Different rules.

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:​

I've got no problem with two different groups of folks who had different rules.
Jesus is clearly saying they were his body and that before Saul's encounter.

To which Paul was in agreement...

“Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.” – Romans 16:7

glorydaz

I've got no problem with two different groups of folks who had different rules.
Jesus is clearly saying they were his body and that before Saul's encounter.

To which Paul was in agreement...

“Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.” – Romans 16:7

I'm just not convinced that means in the body of Christ.

We see the same thing with the vine in John 15.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I'm just not convinced that means in the body of Christ.

We see the same thing with the vine in John 15.

Yeah, I know that's the favorite explain away put forth by Dispy's.

It has also been put forth that in Acts 18 and a little before that Paul's ministry changed.(and it may very well have)

But I have to ask, if Paul was the first one in the body of Christ, who were these folks?

9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:
10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

If you say they are merely branches, how is it that they are not part of the vine?(body)

Do vines have branches?

The trunk of a mature vine will have arms, short branches from which canes and/or spurs originate, which are located in different positions depending on the system.
Some training systems utilize cordons, semi-permanent branches of the trunk.

glorydaz

Yeah, I know that's the favorite explain away put forth by Dispy's.

Don't judge all "Dispies" by what I say. I'm far from an expert on Mid Acts.

If you say they are merely branches, how is it that they are not part of the vine?(body)

I see you saying the Vine is the body of Christ. It isn't. The Vine is speaking of Israel.
Those who accepted Jesus Christ as their Messiah.

It has also been put forth that in Acts 18 and a little before that Paul's ministry changed.(and it may very well have)

Actually, Saul/Paul was given his commission in Acts 9.

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:​

Paul tell us he preached to the Jews first. These would be unbelieving Jews, not Kingdom believers.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.​

But I have to ask, if Paul was the first one in the body of Christ, who were these folks?

9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:
10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

Could be they were Kingdom believers....it could even be that the Lord was speaking of those who would be saved by Paul's preaching of the Gospel of Grace.

Danoh

Acts 18:9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: 18:10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

That is referring to people like the following...

Acts 18:1 After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth; 18:2 And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome: ) and came unto them. 18:2 And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome: ) and came unto them.

Thus, Paul's...

1 Corinthians 1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

The church of God being an umbrella term for (that encompassed) the whole house of God - both theirs and ours.

Both their Prophetic aspect and our Mystery aspect - God's TWO-Fold Purpose in His Son:

Ephesians 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

Acts 17:11, 12.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Acts 18:9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: 18:10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

That is referring to people like the following...

Acts 18:1 After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth; 18:2 And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome: ) and came unto them. 18:2 And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome: ) and came unto them.

Thus, Paul's...

1 Corinthians 1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

The church of God being an umbrella term for (that encompassed) the whole house of God - both theirs and ours.

Both their Prophetic aspect and our Mystery aspect - God's TWO-Fold Purpose in His Son:

Ephesians 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

Acts 17:11, 12.

Yep.

glorydaz

If you'll see I added you just mimicked grace ambassador jargon.

I was trying to talk to you.

I won't put you on ignore but if all you can do is parrot them, I am disappointed with you.

You were talking to me, but it looks like Danoh makes more sense to you than I do. Let him answer your questions.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
[MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION]

Gotta luv how JR left you out on front street and applauds from the sidelines.

You'd a thought he could have at least copy an pasted some ambassador links, hunh?

:rolleyes:

Danoh

You were talking to me, but it looks like Danoh makes more sense to you than I do. Let him answer your questions.

Since when do the MADs on here not address something posted to another MAD?

We each do that all the time...I'd always taken that as people who hold to a similar understanding on one thing or another (more or less) addressing the particular poster who's question, statement, or whatever, is actually addressing MAD itself, not the particular MAD.

Read through a few threads, see if that is not our pattern.

But some of you can be a bit overly sensitive.

If anything, my post was in support of what you posted to 1 Mind - it was out of some formerly Unbelieving Jews kicked out of Rome, temporarily staying at Corinth, AND Jews who lived in Corinth, PLUS formerly lost Gentiles in Corinth, that the Body at Corinth began - through Paul's ministry, Acts 18:4, 1 Cor. 3:10, 12; 1 Cor. 12: 2, 13.

While people like Priscilla and Aquila, who were only at Corinth til they could safely return to their home in Rome after that banning of all Jews from Rome was lifted (there they are, back in Rome, in Romans 16:3), would have been members of Israel's Believing Remnant, added to the Little Flock's assembly, at that Pentecost, years earlier, see Acts 2:5, 10.

You know how Tam is always wondering how if, after Paul, such might have referred people to his message, as theirs had been put on hold - well, that is exactly what Priscilla did with Apollos, as he had only known the baptism of John, Acts 18: 26, 27.

You dropped the ball I passed you - 1 Mind only thinks I was agreeing with him and not Mid-Acts and or Grace Ambassadors on these things.

Later in my post to him, I made it clear I was referring both to members of the Prophetic Aspect of God's TWO-Fold Purpose (Believing Remnant of Israel) as well as to members of the Mystery aspect (formerly lost Jews and Gentiles, this side of Israel's fall in Acts 7:51-53, see 1 Thess. 2:15, 16, etc).

At the same time, I forget you have not yet sorted some of these things out, as the ever advancing in finer and finer understandings in each our understanding of one thing or another on these things is never over for any MAD, Philippians 3:13-16.

Which to me, is a plus in your favor. Not only because here they are for you to feast on and rejoice in (if you'll focus on them rather than on "that Danoh and his two cents) but also because you often appear to me to be doing something I do not often find in MADs anywhere.

Where most will unwittingly merely parrot what they were taught or read somewhere - Grace Ambassadors' Justin Johnson himself, often does that - you are that rare MAD who, not having had the blessing of having been taught all these little intricacies, go about in your own way, gradually coming to them on your own, eventually, just through your ever obvious time in Scripture.

And that has its pluses and its minuses, just as it had had for that great man of Mid-Acts, J.C. O'Hair, whom even Stam was first made aware of Mid-Acts by.

O'Hair himself would find himself having been off on a thing.

But always, he had been willing to have a thing pointed out to him - even by his worst enemies, people who had repeatedly and publicly twisted his words - people like Harry Ironside, in his great big nonsense of a booklet against O'Hair's Mid-Acts - Ironside's booklet "Wrongly Dividing the Word of Truth."

See, GD, even when you are off on a thing, your obvious time in Scripture, attempting there to sort things out on your own just you and God through His Word, still shines through as being what you had been up to - studying a thing out as best you could in Scripture.

I'm telling you woman - "Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels" 2 Corinthians 6:12.

If anything, as direct a critic as I have been of my fellow MADs on here as to one thing or another, the above about you is not one of those criticisms.

I was agreeing with, and backing up your supposing, there, in your earlier reply to 1 Mind, not with 1 Mind's ever erroneous "one size fits all" conclusion.

Just as I said I would do, where I might note a thing I cannot but voice my agreement with - I'd said this both to all MADs on here, and to Pate, whom I also find I do not always agree with.

Yours in Him, GD - and Happy New Year!

Because Romans 5: 6-11.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
PJ posted this on TF Monday.
It's an hour long but is an interesting take on when Paul's message may have changed.