ECT Obey the Gospel

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You haven't heard that our risen LORD and Saviour appeared to the Apostle Paul and gave him a greater Gospel of salvation by grace through faith? :shocked:
Meshak (both/all of them, apparently) reject what Christ said in Acts 9:

Spoiler
Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?” Then the Lord said to him, “Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”And the men who journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice but seeing no one.Then Saul arose from the ground, and when his eyes were opened he saw no one. But they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus.And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him the Lord said in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.”So the Lord said to him, “Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus, for behold, he is praying.And in a vision he has seen a man named Ananias coming in and putting his hand on him, so that he might receive his sight.”Then Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem.And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name.”But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake.”And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.”Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized.So when he had received food, he was strengthened. Then Saul spent some days with the disciples at Damascus.Immediately he preached the Christ in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God.Then all who heard were amazed, and said, “Is this not he who destroyed those who called on this name in Jerusalem, and has come here for that purpose, so that he might bring them bound to the chief priests?”But Saul increased all the more in strength, and confounded the Jews who dwelt in Damascus, proving that this Jesus is the Christ. - Acts 9:4-22 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts9:4-22&version=NKJV

glorydaz

Spoiler
Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?” Then the Lord said to him, “Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”And the men who journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice but seeing no one.Then Saul arose from the ground, and when his eyes were opened he saw no one. But they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus.And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him the Lord said in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.”So the Lord said to him, “Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus, for behold, he is praying.And in a vision he has seen a man named Ananias coming in and putting his hand on him, so that he might receive his sight.”Then Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem.And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name.”But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake.”And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.”Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized.So when he had received food, he was strengthened. Then Saul spent some days with the disciples at Damascus.Immediately he preached the Christ in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God.Then all who heard were amazed, and said, “Is this not he who destroyed those who called on this name in Jerusalem, and has come here for that purpose, so that he might bring them bound to the chief priests?”But Saul increased all the more in strength, and confounded the Jews who dwelt in Damascus, proving that this Jesus is the Christ. - Acts 9:4-22 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts9:4-22&version=NKJV

I doubt she even knows He has risen. She doesn't know there is LIFE after the Cross.

musterion

Spoiler

At least one of the people posting under that handle has long been on record as saying Paul was of the devil and nothing outside of a few select portions of the four gospels is to be obeyed. Those areas got smaller and smaller when we started bringing Luke, Peter and others into it as witnesses to Paul, and to each other...if Paul goes, they go.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
At least one of the people posting under that handle has long been on record as saying Paul was of the devil and nothing outside of a few select portions of the four gospels is to be obeyed. Those areas got smaller and smaller when we started bringing Luke, Peter and others into it as witnesses to Paul, and to each other...if Paul goes, they go.

If I say anything negative about Paul, I will be banned remember? I cannot spread all my convictions.

You guys are so intimidated by my comments.

that's why you guys try so hard to get me banned.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If I say anything negative about Paul, I will be banned remember? I cannot spread all my convictions.

You guys are so intimidated by my comments.

that's why you guys try so hard to get me banned.
:think:

Spoiler

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Simple.
Paul was persecuting the BOC.
Yet y'all say there was no such thing before Paul proclaimed it.

Or y'all say nobody knew they were in it until Paul told them.

Which is it?

There was no BoC before Paul's conversion, as he was the first one in it...

The church of believing Israel, however, was destroyed by Paul.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I don't believe anyone said Paul was persecuting the Body of Christ.

Paul was persecuting the Jewish Church which preached the Messiah.

How so?

Acts 9:5

“And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.”

glorydaz

How so?

Acts 9:5

“And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.”

Paul was persecuting the early church who still followed the Jewish Law....unlike Paul and the Jewish leaders who denied the Messiah....the early church (assembly) trusted in Jesus Christ as Messiah. Those are the ones Saul/Paul was persecuting. As Ananias says here...

Acts 9:13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:​

The very reason Jesus appeared to Paul on the Road to Damascus was to give him a mission the twelve weren't given, and that included the MYSTERY concerning the Body of Christ and the Gospel of Grace.

Truster

I agree that when we obey the gospel we begin and continue to think differently. The gospel teaches us how to live.
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

This sounds like living in obedience.

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

It sounds like it's living in obedience because it is just that.

Prior to my conversion I didn't wake up and make conscious decisions on how I would be rebellious that day. I just woke up and got on with rebellion in intent, thought, word and deed, because that was my nature.

Since my conversion I have walked in obedience due to my new nature and because my salvation is not in my hands I know for an absolute fact that I will continue in obedience, not of my doing, but of His doing. He who works in me to will and to do of His good pleasure, Amen.

Truster

PS

The true beauty of this obedience is that it shows me to be the debtor and does not place the Eternal Almighty in my debt for "my obedience to Him". He owes me nothing. I owe Him my all, amen.