ECT Obey the Gospel

glorydaz

Since when do the MADs on here not address something posted to another MAD?

We each do that all the time...I'd always taken that as people who hold to a similar understanding on one thing or another (more or less) addressing the particular poster who's question, statement, or whatever, is actually addressing MAD itself, not the particular MAD.

Read through a few threads, see if that is not our pattern.

But some of you can be a bit overly sensitive.

Indeed, "some" can be.

I walk the slow and steady path....clearly too slow for 1mind1spirit. I have no problem at all with those who are able to handle your responses. I just didn't see him as willing to listen to what I said.

Don't worry, Danoh. You don't need to worry about explaining yourself to me.

Danoh

PJ posted this on TF Monday.
It's an hour long but is an interesting take on when Paul's message may have changed.

That video is not only a distortion of Stam"s view on its subject, but it is presenting the very position that met with great opposition on here, when I referred to it as what it is - a hybrid or mix, of where the Acts 9 position looks st things from, with where the Acts 28 position does.

The thing is full of holes.

Still, thanks for the video, I always enjoy observing where others are looking at a thing from.

Acts 17: 11, 12.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Then you should be able to explain it in your own words. :popcorn:

Have some butter with that popcorn...

The Holy Spirit set the Apostles in the body (church) first.

1 Corinthians 12:28
And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, and those with gifts of healing, helping, administration, and various tongues.

King James Bible
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

glorydaz

Have some butter with that popcorn...

The Holy Spirit set the Apostles in the body (church) first.

1 Corinthians 12:28
And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, and those with gifts of healing, helping, administration, and various tongues.

Where does that say anything about the Body of Christ?

How about this....are you saying these were members of the body of Christ?

Acts 7:38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Where does that say anything about the Body of Christ?

How about this....are you saying these were members of the body of Christ?

Acts 7:38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

King James Bible
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

glorydaz

King James Bible

Is Paul speaking of the church in the wilderness, then? Is that your contention. How would this verse fit in?

Colossians 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Is Paul speaking of the church in the wilderness, then? Is that your contention. How would this verse fit in?

Colossians 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

No, I edited that in to the post you quoted.
You have the same tendency as JW.
Motormouth.
The Apostles were set into the body by the Holy Spirit.
Way before Paul.
You got popcorn so watch the video and you might actually see where I'm comin' from.

Right Divider

Body part
Motormouth.
Way before Paul.
You got popcorn so watch the video and you might actually see where I'm comin' from.
According to folks like you, Paul was a liar when he claimed to be the PATTERN for those that should HEREAFTER believe on Him to life everlasting.

glorydaz

Motormouth.
Way before Paul.

Well, excuse me for speaking.

I have no desire to watch an hour long video....especially since you are unable to say anything about it.