NFL 2017

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
If you want your comments on a game to be taken seriously you should at least watch that game. As usual you base your opinions almost entirely on stats and stats can be misleading!
Coach Belichick won't comment on games he hasn't watched, FWIW.
Bill barely comments on the games he coaches. So... :plain:
During the season he gives weekly radio and television interviews, and does comment on quite a few games.

So.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I am less concerned now about Philly than last week, after having seen NE take apart Denver like how Philly did. :idunno:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Speaking of the Browns.

The Browns are now 1-24 in their last 25 games.

That's pretty bad. The Patriots have 3 fewer loses SINCE 2009.

My Steelers are 16-3 in their last 19 games, but they just seem to be off this year, and I don't see them beating New England unless Tom Brady isn't under center.

And, Joe Haden broke his leg yesterday. Without Haden at CB for the Steelers, any chance of competing against the Patriots is long gone.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
NFL teams from Ohio (Browns & Bengals) 3-15

NFL teams from Pennsylvania (Steelers & Eagles) 15-3

:think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
During the season he gives weekly radio and television interviews, and does comment on quite a few games.

So.
Presumably the few he has time to watch? :eek:

I think you're just being contrary. :)

It's like this: I actually (as someone found out) watched a lot of the Cowboy/Chiefs game in question, but I resisted on the goofy notion that unless you do you can't comment intelligently. I countered it by noting that I predict the outcomes of games and that even in years where I'm not paying as close an attention to the numbers I do a pretty darn good job in calculating fairly precise strengths and weaknesses, which is the only way to beat the line.

Now you can watch every Browns' game and have a really great bead on them, but I can watch them here and there, look at what the numbers tell me about them at home, away, on the ground and in the air, and speak to them with some authority. Most weeks I'm doing well, even calling a lot of very close games.

This week started off great but ended with a thud. I ended up at 9 wins because I went against my own system on the Monday night game...such is life. :eek:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Looks like my opening pick is in trouble. I have Ten keeping it closer than 7.5, but in the 3rd it's 23-14 Steelers.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Looks like my opening pick is in trouble. I have Ten keeping it closer than 7.5, but in the 3rd it's 23-14 Steelers.

The Steelers always do good at home on primetime.

Speaking of primtime games......last night's game was the first of four straight primetime games for the Steelers.

After last night's Thursday night game, they next play the Packers at home on Sunday night, then at Cincy for a Monday night game, then back home for a Sunday night game against Baltimore.

Don't know why the NFL would make a team play four straight primetime games, but that's what they did to the Steelers this year. Not to mention, the Steelers played Detroit on Sunday night two games ago.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Steelers always do good at home on primetime.

Speaking of primtime games......last night's game was the first of four straight primetime games for the Steelers.

After last night's Thursday night game, they next play the Packers at home on Sunday night, then at Cincy for a Monday night game, then back home for a Sunday night game against Baltimore.

Don't know why the NFL would make a team play four straight primetime games, but that's what they did to the Steelers this year. Not to mention, the Steelers played Detroit on Sunday night two games ago.
I figured them to win, but I didn't see the margin. In know Mariota was awful, but they still managed the points I thought they'd get. I had them at 18 - 21, so off by one. But I didn't see the Steelers laying 40 on that Tennessee defense. I thought they'd get about 24 to 28. Impressive. :mmph: :chuckle:

A forty burger...they keep doing this and I may have to rethink my AFC darkhorse.