ECT Nang's Boastful Lie

Right Divider

Body part
1Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
1Jn 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Jas 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Jas 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

LA
Just can't get into Pauline scriptures, eh?

john w

Hall of Fame
1Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
1Jn 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Jas 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Jas 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

LA

Translated: All scripture is specifically about you, is written to you, and is for your obedience.

You can "prove" anything, poser. Knock yourself out.

And sell all you have, head on over to Jerusalem to keep the appointed times, go to the temple........

I thought so. Fraud-ette.

elohiym

The NC/T is not just about forgiveness of sins and it cannot start until the death of the testator.
Heb 9:15-17 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. (16) For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. (17) For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

You might have a point if the Lord Jesus Christ was crucified mid-Acts, but he wasn't, so you don't. Regardless, the dead testator is your old man that is supposed to be crucified.

Right Divider

Body part
You might have a point if the Lord Jesus Christ was crucified mid-Acts, but he wasn't, so you don't. Regardless, the dead testator is your old man that is supposed to be crucified.
Hebrews is not talking about "your old man" there. It is specifically talking about the Lord Jesus Christ.
Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
P.S. The concept of the "old man" crucified with Christ is only found in Paul's epistles.

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Hebrews is not talking about "your old man" there. It is specifically talking about the Lord Jesus Christ.
Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
P.S. The concept of the "old man" crucified with Christ is only found in Paul's epistles.

Strict MADists reject the teachings of Hebrews. . .

Are your posts made in the attempt to convince MADists otherwise?

That would be a good move . . .

Christian Liberty

Maybe they think Hebrews is Pauline. Some people do, despite the fact that Paul specifically says he signs all his letters and the fact that Hebrews 2:3 says the writer received the gospel from men (while Paul received it from Christ himself.)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Maybe they think Hebrews is Pauline. Some people do, despite the fact that Paul specifically says he signs all his letters and the fact that Hebrews 2:3 says the writer received the gospel from men (while Paul received it from Christ himself.)

Which has nothing to do with the point, whether or not anyone thinks hebrews is written to them, has nothing to do with the truth of the statement bolded:

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many

Do you believe Christ was offered more than once? Thats the point.

Christian Liberty

Which has nothing to do with the point, whether or not anyone thinks hebrews is written to them, has nothing to do with the truth of the statement bolded:

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many

Do you believe Christ was offered more than once? Thats the point.

Well, MAD would deny Hebrews' validity unless Paul wrote it. Of course, Nang and I believe MAD is heresy, hence the point.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Well, MAD would deny Hebrews' validity unless Paul wrote it. Of course, Nang and I believe MAD is heresy, hence the point.

Why would they deny that? I can admit that some things hitler said were true, does that mean i agree with all that he said or did or that it was applicable to me?

Seems nang and now you are just trying to take cheap shots and youre both taking a complete out of context statement and ignoring it to say something that has no bearing at all.

Did Christ die once or more than once?

heir

TOL Subscriber
After the cross men still have to repent and seek forgiveness in their own time to obtain forgiveness for their past sins and if they should sin further then they will have to confess them and ask for forgiveness.
What sins did Christ not die for when God forgave us all trespasses (Ephesians 4:32 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV)?

heir

TOL Subscriber
1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1 John is not written to anyone living today. It' a tribulation passage to a people whose salvation is not yet complete as they await the fountain being opened for sin and uncleanness (Zechariah 13:1 KJV) in one accord with Acts 3:19-21 KJV and confirmed by Paul (Romans 11:26-27 KJV) whereas we in the Body are complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10 KJV). We have now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV).

Right Divider

Body part

I believe that you are talking about STRAW-MAN MADists. MAD does not reject ANY of the Bible, we just understand each part IN IT'S CONTEXT.

A book labeled HEBREWS should tell you something about the content, especially when you read it and compare with other books of the Bible.

SaulToPaul 2

I believe that you are talking about STRAW-MAN MADists. MAD does not reject ANY of the Bible, we just understand each part IN IT'S CONTEXT.

A book labeled HEBREWS should tell you something about the content, especially when you read it and compare with other books of the Bible.

I always laugh when people say we "reject" certain books. It's ridiculous. Nang eats pork, therefore she rejects several books of the Bible.

Silliness.

Christian Liberty

OK, this is a fair point. A verse saying "Christ was offered once for sins" would be a factual assertion, not a command, thus who it was written for doesn't change the fact that its true.

That said, I completely believe Hebrews was written for and is applicable to us.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Perhaps logic and common sense are not Nang's forte?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
OK, this is a fair point. A verse saying "Christ was offered once for sins" would be a factual assertion, not a command, thus who it was written for doesn't change the fact that its true.

That said, I completely believe Hebrews was written for and is applicable to us.

Can you "prove" to whom it was written and by whom? I'd like
to see you do this!

Right Divider

Body part

You can if you want. But you will continue to be confused about what God is doing today apart from His relationship to Israel.

For example, Hebrews talks about the priest/priesthood 37 times. Whereas Paul never once even uses the word in his epistles

That should tell you something, if you are willing to listen.