ECT Nang's Boastful Lie

SaulToPaul 2

One could almost write a small book, regarding these few verses in Jeremiah 31. They have not been ignored at all, but deeply studied. Only literalists fail to see the depths of prophecy and promise and the comparison of old and new covenants contained therein.

Written off and spiritualized

elohiym

Elo,

I agree with the applications you make, but I believe the Testator was both Jesus Christ, first and foremost, and His spiritual seed abiding in Him by faith, secondarily.

I wouldn't dispute that. The author may have only meant the Lord in that passage. :idunno:

But when we read the passage in light of the words of Jesus and Paul, what the author of Hebrews is saying necessarily takes on a deeper meaning.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Written off and spiritualized

You are the one who writes things off, just out of spiritual laziness. You obviously do not hunger and thirst or care to bother studying, and comparing scripture with all scripture, in order to learn the depths of God's revelation.

:sigh:

SaulToPaul 2

You are the one who writes things off, just out of spiritual laziness. You obviously do not hunger and thirst or care to bother studying, and comparing scripture with all scripture, in order to learn the depths of God's revelation.

Why doesn't Jer 31 mean what it says?

john w

Hall of Fame
Strict MADists reject the teachings of Hebrews. . .

Are your posts made in the attempt to convince MADists otherwise?

That would be a good move . . .

You reject the teachings of Romans-Philemon.

See Spot run, Jane.....Run, Spot!

Lovely. Girl Scout games.

SaulToPaul 2

When did the ordinances of Jer 31 cease?

Right Divider

Body part
Regardless, your old man is the testator that must die. You cannot "receive the promise of eternal inheritance" unless your old man is crucified with Christ. Paul's epistles support my claim.
No, the "old man" is not the testator. That is something that is completely unsupported by scripture. Something false doesn't become true just because you keep repeating it.

Did he bear the sins of many mid-Acts? No.
The revelation of the FULL meaning behind Christ's death, burial and resurrection was not revealed until it began to revealed by God to Paul in the Mid-Acts time-frame.

You are mistaken.

Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
No, you are mistaken. But thanks anyway.
1Co 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
How did Paul follow Christ? Not as a Jew under the Law as the twelve had done, but as the Risen and Glorified Lord Jesus Christ.

When did Jesus ever tell the twelve that they were not under the law, but under grace? Romans 6:14-15

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I wouldn't dispute that. The author may have only meant the Lord in that passage. :idunno:

But when we read the passage in light of the words of Jesus and Paul, what the author of Hebrews is saying necessarily takes on a deeper meaning.

Indeed it does . . .

It is necessary to establish Jesus Christ as Mediator (in death) and First Born (in resurrection) as being the CAUSE that His seed may be blessed EFFECTUALLY by dying to the bondage of the Law of sin and death, in Him, and resurrecting to everlasting life, in Him.

Paul likens it to being freed to remarry upon the death of a spouse. . . Romans 7:1-6

It is a wonderful order of truths to be observed and learn from and apply to our own hearts and souls.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What were the ordinances?

Are you a preterist now?

Are you reading the thread? Are you paying attention to my little conversation with Elo?

Our discussion pertains to Jeremiah 31:36-40 (although unintentional) and the transition that occurs in a soul when freed from the Old and transferred into the New.

SaulToPaul 2

Are you reading the thread? Are you paying attention to my little conversation with Elo?

Our discussion pertains to Jeremiah 31:36-40 (although unintentional) and the transition that occurs in a soul when freed from the Old and transferred into the New.

When did the sun and moon depart?

Nang

TOL Subscriber

These ordinances (which are natural laws as well as formal Law) will surely cease, when the new heavens are established (II Peter 10-13) . . as surely as the New Covenant replaced the Old when sinners were freed by the grace of God from bondage to the Mosaic Law.

There are contrasts made in this passage between earthly seed and spiritual seed; between Old Covenant and New Covenant; between works and grace; between prophecy being fulfilled temporally and realized eternally.

Comparing each portion of this scripture, with other scripture, is what is correctly called "rightly dividing" the word of God. It is called exegesis and seeking full truth from all such passages.

You are reading this prophet literally and on the surface only, and not seeking or delving into the full truths contained therein.

It would help if you had a good teacher or Elder to oversee your spiritual well-being and growth. :sigh:

john w

Hall of Fame

Isaiah 45:25 KJV
In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Nag's satanic replacement "theology:" Shove it, God the Father, and your Christ. You are done with Israel. They are cast away. Here is the bird. The Roman Catholic Organization, A.D. 70-ists/Preterists, The Church of Christ, and the serpent taught me that.

Isaiah 46:13 KJV
I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Nag'satanic replacement "theology:" Shove it, God the Father, and your Christ. You are done with Israel. They are cast away. Here is the bird. The Roman Catholic Organization, A.D. 70-ists/Preterists, The Church of Christ, and the serpent taught me that.

Romans 9:4 KJV
Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Nag's satanic replacement "theology:" Shove it, God the Father, and your Christ. You are done with Israel. They are cast away, and will not be adopted, will not have glory, do not have any covenants, will not serve you in the future as a kingdom of priests on earth, and have no promises. Here is the bird. The Roman Catholic Organization, A.D. 70-ists/Preterists, The Church of Christ, and the serpent taught me that.

Here is how Romans 9:4 "should read:"

Who are Israelites; to whom use to pertaineth the adoption, and use to the pertaineth the glory, and use to pertaineth the covenants, and use to pertaineth the giving of the law, and use to pertaineth the service of God, and use to pertaineth the promises; but not anymore, as you have cast them away....
Jer 33 KJV
25 Thus saith the Lord; If my covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth;

26 Then will I
cast away the seed of Jacob and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and have mercy on them.

Nag's satanic replacement "theology:" Shove it, God the Father, and your Christ. You are done with Israel. They are cast away, and will not be adopted, will not have glory, do not have any covenants, will not serve you in the future as a kingdom of priests on earth, and have no promises. Here is the bird. The Roman Catholic Organization, A.D. 70-ists/Preterists, The Church of Christ, and the serpent taught me that.

Romans 11:2 KJV
1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

_______
Is 61 KJV
6 But ye shall be named the Priests of the Lord: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.Zech. 8 KJV

22 Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the Lord of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the Lord.

23 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Numbers 23:9 KJV
For from the top of the rocks I see him, and from the hills I behold him: lo, the people shall dwell alone, and shall not be reckoned among the nations.

ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations,even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew

vs.

the people shall dwell alone, and shall not be reckoned among the nations.

What else does Nag want to "prove," brother? The Buffalo facing the wrong way, on a coin?

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The problem, Mr. Heretic, is that it is most likely a clear indication that the person who resorts to this tactic, to do something about their sin, has never believed that Jesus died for their sin.
I think the problem is just mistaken exegesis. Christ died for them BUT...it's the but that transforms what I think should be an expression of abundance into necessity and a gift into a subscription.