ECT Nang's Boastful Lie

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The "doing" of conduct begins in the heart, not with the action. "Doing" comes from "being". We bring forth who and what we are by conduct, but that conduct is according to whatever quality is in us.

If there is no imputed conduct with the imputed character, then we have no means of ever "doing" anything righteous. And righteousness IS conduct according to God's standard.

Imputed righteousness of character without imputed righteousness of conduct would mean all our conduct still comes from the old man and would be sin. Every last action and all of them combined.

God didn't leave us with no means of bringing forth our imputed righteousness. He imputed our inner conduct with our character, and it's all His. We couldn't work for it, and we can't work FROM it, either. That would be infusing our own righteousness into God's.

Righteousness means to recognize God's claim upon our lives for every standard. Of character and conduct. For "being" and "doing".

I think what's confusing to me is that I look at 'conduct' as being action, what we do. So I'm not sure what imputed conduct would be or mean. I could understand having imputed character from which our conduct comes. Doing (conduct) from the being (imputed character). But imputed conduct and imputed character is hard to follow.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, and it's a bit hard to keep up.

After 28 years of life and ministry as a professing Beliver, at 35 I trusted Christ while reading through Hebrews and searching for the truth of the Gospel that the law had hidden from me all my life.

:plain:

The good news of our salvation is not found in Hebrews. You are a fraud.

glorydaz

No it's not, only someone who doesn't believe the gospel, would say that. You don't know what salvation is.

No, it is as abhorrent as Calvinism.

Until you understand that men are not saved by His death, but by receiving His life, you will forever be stuck in darkness (lost).

I think she's read too many of B57's threads. :idunno:

glorydaz

First of all, truth is aletheia. The unveiled reality lying at the basis of, and agreeing with, an appearance; the manifest or veritable essence of matter.

(That's lexicography from the preeminent first-language Greek scholar Spiros Zodhiates. But I'm sure you think your vague personal concept of your mind (device) is preferable to a Spirit-filled lifetime scholar, who spent his entire life devoted to the exacting presentation of the Greek text in English. He even did it from Erasmus' text exclusively. You know... the basis for the KJV.)

The above indicates that truth is the prosopon unveiling the reality of the hypostasis, which underlies the ousia (essence) of God.

Jesus Christ is the prosopon of the hypostasis of God, and God's hypostasis underlies His ousia. This is not only exegetical at a tremendous depth, but it's historical from Patristic writings of the same thing.

"Thy Word (Logos) is truth." That's because the Logos was God's divinity made flesh in the person (prosopon) of Christ. The prosopon unveiled the reality (hypostasis) of God, which underlies His essence.

Truth is the word that is founded upon God's very substance and essence as God. His Logos IS truth.

But you'll probably have some falsely over-simplified concept to administer as a test of faith, just you do with every scripture you post.

It's your gauntlet of works that you force everyone to run or you demean their faith as non-existent and them as unsaved.

You're always putting hoops out there for people to jump through, and then if someone puts out a hoop for you, you cry "works" at them.

His Logos is truth. Period. There is none other. Not yours or anyone else's. So to the extent that one speaks His Logos with their own logos, then and only then is there the word of truth.

You can follow after some man who is a Greek scholar if you want, but God saves men by the "foolishness" of preaching. YOU are not preaching the Gospel, you're expounding on a language you worship more than the living God.

1 Corinthians 1:21-23
For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;​

john w

Hall of Fame
You have no idea how many of us that know both Hebrew and Greek laugh at you.

And he can't "touch" the ability of the KJB translators, as they would laugh at him. Another "I took a 'the' Greek course on the net, or Phoenix U., and now I'm an expert" clown.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Religion always has a "but". Your hijacking of 1 John 1:9/confessing your sins is a testimony of unbelief that Christ has paid it all.

Those in the Body of Christ are not sinners, but a new creature. 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

LA

john w

Hall of Fame
"Replace the depth of lexicography" with the word of God? Horror of horrors....what would we ever do without such as you? :loser:

Yes, the LORD God is obviously such a bumbling idiot/moron, like His creatures, that He just could not see to it to provide translations in other languages, even though He created the languages, and He is now beholden to His creatures to "hep" him out, in communicating Hismasterpiece. It's called humanism. It gives these alleged bible "scholars" a big rush....it's like a drug, and addictive, as they savor the praise of men.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No, you are just plain dumb. God is AGAINST Law for righteousness.
:up:

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: