ECT Nang's Boastful Lie

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It's saying, "It is written......" The ball is now in your court to explain why it was written and how it can be fulfilled. I've given you a really big hint. "Be ye perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect."

Are you saying you are as perfect as God?

glorydaz

Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Jas 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Romans 4:1-2 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So you think you can be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect?

You'd best get busy....

1Co 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
1Co 4:4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

glorydaz

1Co 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
1Co 4:4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Are you claiming you are perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Romans 4:1-2 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

The works of faith are not the works of the law or of the flesh.

Abraham was justified by his works of faith.

Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

glorydaz

The works of faith are not the works of the law or of the flesh.

Abraham was justified by his works of faith.

I see faith and I see works, and I've seen work of faith, but I don't see any "works of faith". You shouldn't make stuff up like that.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you claiming you are perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect?

I am claiming nothing, just so you can try to find fault with it, so you can look right.

I am however as perfect before God as Jesus is.

Just how perfect I am in my thinking , speaking , resting and walking, is another matter.

You lump both things together, lacking truth.

LA

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Glorydaz,

I do not believe I am perfect nor do I believe I can be as holy as Jesus Christ. But I believe the children of God have been declared legally perfect and holy in Him, and we are all exhorted to evidence holy witness in our lifestyle, because our Savior, of whom we are to bear witness, is Holy God.

Now, if you do not believe me, so be it, but you cannot say that the bible does not teach this.

I could care less what you think of me, but I would not that you deny what God hath said, and He has said, to those who profess His name, "Be holy for I am holy."

So be it . . .

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I see faith and I see works, and I've seen work of faith, but I don't see any "works of faith". You shouldn't make stuff up like that.

Can't read?

glorydaz

I am claiming nothing, just so you can try to find fault with it, so you can look right.

I am however as perfect before God as Jesus is.

Just how perfect I am in my thinking , speaking , resting and walking, is another matter.

You lump both things together, lacking truth.

LA

No, you're not. If you were as perfect as Christ then you wouldn't need to hide IN HIM. Believers are IN the beloved. The Lord Jesus Christ is the BELOVED. Believers are hid with Christ in God. His righteousness is counted as ours. It is not ours. Christ gets ALL THE GLORY because NO MAN was found worthy. That's the part that you like to ignore, isn't it?

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:​

glorydaz

Can't read?

Yep, can you? Read that with this in mind.

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

Romans 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

glorydaz

Glorydaz,

I do not believe I am perfect nor do I believe I can be as holy as Jesus Christ. But I believe the children of God have been declared legally perfect and holy in Him, and we are all exhorted to evidence holy witness in our lifestyle, because our Savior, of whom we are to bear witness, is Holy God.

Then you should be more careful in what you write.

Now, if you do not believe me, so be it, but you cannot say that the bible does not teach this.

I could care less what you think of me, but I would not that you deny what God hath said, and He has said, to those who profess His name, "Be holy for I am holy."

So be it . . .

You still can't answer why we are told to be holy and perfect as God is holy and perfect, can you?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Then you should be more careful in what you write.

I am extremely careful of what I write. Unfortunately I cannot control when others change what I write

You still can't answer why we are told to it be holy and perfect as God is holy and perfect, can you?

I have given extensive answer regarding this command several times over the years. Sorry you have missed seeing it.

But please, by all means, tell us what your idea of holy living and witness entails. How are you "'holy for God is holy?"

john w

Hall of Fame
This is the most excellent and pertinent question yet asked on this thread. . .

"Infused righteousness" is the superstitious and mystical belief of the RCC as taught in their catechism, which claims when a sinner is saved, they are "infused" with the ontological righteousness of Jesus Christ, and thereby become "little christs."

So far, as I can determine, Doom and many of his ilk are thinking this is truth.

"Imputed Righteousness" rather, is a biblical and LEGAL rendering by God, pardoning and declaring criminals (sinners) forgiven, according to an outside righteousness . . . that of a Savior and Substitute . . . who exchanged His righteousness to save His guilty children. He willingly and actually paid their death sentence, in order to trade His goodness for their sinfulness, in the court of God (on the cross).

This is the saving grace of God.

Despite all the slander that has been poured forth upon me in these threads put up by Doom, I do not believe any criminal, such as you and I, can ever achieve the holy righteousness of our Savior. God alone is good. His creatures, by nature, are not good.

But Jesus Christ saw it to be fit to pay the price for their failures, by sinlessly and perfectly keeping all the moral Law, even unto death, to vicariously supply them with His righteousness, through LEGAL Justification, before God the Judge; obtaining their Pardon and forgiveness by His blood (life) offering, which alone could remit their sins.

IOW's, no creature is sinless and as righteous as Christ, but all redeemed by His blood are exhorted to live and live "Holy, for He is holy." I Peter 1:16

I have no idea why I am being so persecuted for believing and teaching this basic truth of the Gospel of Grace in Jesus Christ.

What Christian witness does any man have before the ungodly world, unless it proves to be a holy witness? What good is the Christian "salt of the world" if it loses its savor?

Slander, you cry ? No, I quote your own words.

“Anyone who believes and trusts in the righteous works of Jesus Christ, rather than in their own works to find forgiveness from God, is elect….The elect are predestined to share in the glory of Christ, because He deserves to receive all the divine promises of the Kingdom.Jesus Christ merited our part in His kingdom, by assuming flesh and coming into the world as our Mediator. He fulfilled all righteousness on our behalf, and substitutionally suffered our deserved sentence of death in our stead. Even the elect were by nature, the same as the children of wrath, prior to being regenerated and gifted with grace to believe. Ephesians 2:3-10”-Nag

"He fulfilled all righteousness on our behalf"-Nag

This is perverting the gospel of Christ, as that is "vicarious lawkeeping," and no scripture says that.

The members of the boc's righteousness starts with the death of the Lord Jesus Christ, as the risen, ascended, glorified, and seated Lord Jesus Christ is the individual member's righteousness, as we are "in Christ," united with Him, as He has become our righteousness(1 Cor. 1:30 KJV), not the Lord Jesus Christ fulfilling the law in our place, i.e., "vicarious law keeping." The member of the boc has NADA to with the law-there is no connection.

"Anyone who believes and trusts in the righteous works of Jesus Christ, rather than in their own works to find forgiveness from God, is elect."-Nag

"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;" Romans 3:21 KJV

Repeating, as you learn, through repetition:

The members of the boc's righteousness starts with the death of the Lord Jesus Christ, as the risen, ascended, glorified, and seated Lord Jesus Christ is the individual member's righteousness, as we are "in Christ," united with Him, as He has become our righteousness(1 Cor. 1:30 KJV), not the Lord Jesus Christ fulfilling the law in our place, i.e., "vicarious law keeping." The member of the boc has NADA to with the law-there is no connection.

"ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ;" Rom. 7:4 KJV

Romans 7:1-7 KJV....

"Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? "

The law has power, jurisdiction, over a man/woman, only as long as they are alive.

Light bulb?

"For ye are dead,.." Col. 3:3 KJV

A dead man is not subject to any civil, or "religious"(used generically here) law. Thus, the member of the boc, who is reckoned dead, is not subject to the law, because he/she is considered dead, risen, seated with the Lord Jesus Christ. The law has lost its authority, to bring either condemnation, or righteousness,through the "vicarious obedience/law keeping" of the Lord Jesus Christ. And therefore, Paul asserts Romans 10:4 KJV.

Had the Lord Jesus Christ only kept the law, we would all be "Krispy Kritters." Anyone who kept the law, it would have been the righteousness of the law, not the righteousness of God(memorize that), which has NADA to do with obeying the law.

His Holy character was essential to His nature, as well as proving that He was qualified to become our "lamb ...without blemish"(Ex. 12:5 KJV), attested to by Peter(1 Peter 1:19 KJV). But for what purpose? For sacrifice. But His holiness was not vicarious, or "credited" to us in some way. The good news is not that He lived our obedience for us, but that "Christ...died for our sins...was buried...he rose again the third day...was raised again for our justification."(1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, Rom. 4:25 KJV).

"Anyone who believes and trusts in the righteous works of Jesus Christ, rather than in their own works to find forgiveness from God, is elect"-Nag

No, He is our righteousness.

1 Corinthians 1 KJV
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

“Jesus Christ revealed His sinlessness in an assumed body of flesh, under the Law.He accomplished legal righteousness for us, because no sinner can keep the holy laws of God. Only the Son of God, come as the Son of Man, could achieve such righteousness. He did for us, what we never could have done for ourselves.The Law is not bad. The Law is holy and righteous.The only thing bad about the Law, is we can't keep it. But Jesus Christ did and His faithfulness, including His suffering the wrath of God and dying our sentence of death in our stead, allowed His righteousness to be imputed to us. His resurrection is our guarantee of everlasting life, for now we live in Him, and are no longer under obligation to the Law for self-righteousness.You really would benefit from some study of Christ's Office of Mediator.”-Nag

"He accomplished legal righteousness for us, "-Naggie

Yes, righteousness is imputed to us, but no on ....

"He accomplished legal righteousness for us, because no sinner can keep the holy laws of God.."-Nag

...as it has NADA to do with the Saviour keeping the holy laws of God on our behalf. That is "vicarious lawkeeping," and perverts the gospel of Christ. Him keeping the holy law of God qualified Him to be the "lamb without blemish," to be the propitiation(satisfactory sacrifice).

Doom

Doom is the one accusing me of believing in infused righteousness, which supposedly can elevate one to the same level as Christ.
You hypocritical scum. You have the audacity to accuse me of adding a word to your post (which I NEVER did) and then you make-up an entire sentence that I NEVER said, nor will you EVER find a quote where I said any such thing.

You are beyond unbelievable, and this site, it's "mods", or the owner, will never hold you accountable, because they lack as much integrity as you do. Shame on you and shame on them for allowing a worthless miserable old hell-bound witch like you to infect this place.