ECT Nang's Boastful Lie

musterion

All I have said, that angers a few around here, is that if these changes are not evident or practiced by those who confess faith in Jesus Christ, then their faith proves to be invalid ("dead").
I disagree with this. As has been said elsewhere, if there was ever an individual in all of Paul's writings whose conduct could conceivably disqualify him from being saved, it was the man in Corinth unrepentantly having sex with his own mother. He got into that church somehow, and had evidently been there for some time. But Paul did not pronounce him to be unsaved; rather he proceeded on the assumption that he IS saved and ordered he be dealt with as such...severely, but still as saved. Room to doubt? Yes, possibly, but not to judge. Only Christ knows those who are truly His.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
They are good questions. You make grandios statements that sound wonderful, but you can not unpack the nuts and bolts for us.

My statements are scriptural, but you resist any notion of righteous works in a believer's life, for you have adopted the error of Antinomianism.

Doom

Heb 8:10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people"

This is not the Law to which God is referring.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

Heb 8:10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws (plural) into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people"

What is the first covenant?

2 Cor 3:5 "Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God,

2 Cor 3:6who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

2 Cor 3:7 But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones (commandments), came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was,

2 Cor 3:8 how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory?

2 Cor 3:9 For if the ministry of condemnation has glory, much more does the ministry of righteousness abound in glory.

2 Cor 3:10 For indeed what had glory, in this case has no glory because of the glory that surpasses it.

2 Cor 3:11 For if that which fades away was with glory, much more that which remains is in glory.

The laws that God writes on the hearts of the house of Israel are in the covenant He made with Himself, because no man could keep His Law. The laws that God writes on their heart are: I will be merciful to their unrighteousness and remember their sins and iniquities no more.

Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

God is not writing the ministry of death and condemnation on their hearts (that which is fading away), but the ministry of life, the law of the Spirit of life in Christ that sets them free from the law of sin and death.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Heb 8:10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people"

This is not the Law to which God is referring.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

Heb 8:10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws (plural) into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people"

What is the first covenant?

2 Cor 3:5 "Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God,

2 Cor 3:6who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

2 Cor 3:7 But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones (commandments), came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was,

2 Cor 3:8 how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory?

2 Cor 3:9 For if the ministry of condemnation has glory, much more does the ministry of righteousness abound in glory.

2 Cor 3:10 For indeed what had glory, in this case has no glory because of the glory that surpasses it.

2 Cor 3:11 For if that which fades away was with glory, much more that which remains is in glory.

The laws that God writes on the hearts of the house of Israel are in the covenant He made with Himself, because no man could keep His Law. The laws that God writes on their heart are: I will be merciful to their unrighteousness and remember their sins and iniquities no more.

Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

God is not writing the ministry of death and condemnation on their hearts (that which is fading away), but the ministry of life, the law of the Spirit of life in Christ that sets them free from the law of sin and death.

There is only one, eternal, moral Law of God, and it is good, holy, and just.

The Law of God is His Word and Commands. The only reason the Law becomes condemnation leading to death, is because sinners hate it, oppose it, disobey it, and refuse it as their moral guide.

A Christian, in whom God has engraved His Law/Word on their hearts, will exhibit the same love for God's Law/Word as King David expressed in Psalm 119.

Read it and be blessed . . .

Nang

TOL Subscriber
If you don't know the answer, you don't know the gospel.

I know the Gospel and I am a student of Covenant Theology, which it appears you could stand a good dose of.

You are babbling in theological darkness at this point.

Doom

There is only one, eternal, moral Law of God, and it is good, holy, and just.
And as Paul said, when it confronts us, it brings death. You don't know ANYTHING about the gospel, Jesus, the Law, covenants, God, holiness, righteousness, etc., etc.

You know NOTHING, and everything you say is anti-Christ and anti-gospel.

The only reason the Law becomes condemnation leading to death, is because sinners hate it, oppose it, disobey it, and refuse it as their moral guide.
Made-up and blatantly false.

"But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ. But to this day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their heart".

" For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the Law, were at work in the members of our body to bear fruit for death. But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away"

You have a veil over your heart, because the Law has never done it's work in you. YOU are still boasting in your own righteousness and reject the righteousness of God.

A Christian, in whom God has engraved His Law/Word on their hearts
You have completely fabricated this and lied against what the Bible plainly says. You are a fraud, and no NOTHING of Christianity, Jesus, the Bible, the gospel, the Law, holiness, righteousness, etc., etc.

Doom

I know the Gospel
You know "another gospel", not Paul's gospel. You know and teach the gospel that Paul said those who preach are to be accursed. You are not saved. It is obvious. Reading all your posts, I am convinced that you will never abandon your commitment to your religion for the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
There is only one Gospel of Grace in Jesus Christ, who fulfilled all the commands of God on behalf of His people.

He did for them what they never could or would have done for themselves.

Then He imputed His righteousness to their account with God, and raised them to new, spiritual, and eternal life by the power of His Holy Spirit, promising they would share in His heavenly Kingdom and glory, forever and ever.

That is the gospel Paul proclaimed, as do I.