ECT Nang's Boastful Lie

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It must include inner conduct because that's the very definition of dikaiosune (righteousness, justice). And if imputed righteousness doesn't include conduct with character, there's no conduct we can exhibit that isn't our own sin.

I tend to agree. It seems like the alternative is that we are basically just as lost in sin as before but God accounts to us a righteousness that isn't ours. It's just a type of bookkeeping with no real effect on us. :idunno:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It must include inner conduct because that's the very definition of dikaiosune (righteousness, justice). And if imputed righteousness doesn't include conduct with character, there's no conduct we can exhibit that isn't our own sin.

What do you mean by 'inner conduct'?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
This would mean we are now dipsuchos (double-minded). (A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways.) We simply can't have two minds and two wills. We're not two beings (ousios) or two individuals (hypostases) or two persons (prosopoa). Other than medical neurochemical dysfunction, which would be psychopathy such as schizophrenia, we cannot have two minds (or wills).
If there isn't two wills or two minds or two wills, then what exactly do you think is in conflict? Because you don't deny the phenomenon that musterion describes.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 5

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Satan made a choice...just as we make a choice. Unless you believe all that calvinist election rubbish

I probably shouldn't use a movie clip to analogize it but, it seems to me that it is all about choice in the end...Satan made a choice and that choice after being with God, knowing Him personally, Satan rejected via his own pride.

He opted for self-esteem, and became independent. He chose to see something in himself that he believed gave him the ability to act independently of his Creator.

:up:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What is infused righteousness vs imputed righteousness?

This is the most excellent and pertinent question yet asked on this thread. . .

"Infused righteousness" is the superstitious and mystical belief of the RCC as taught in their catechism, which claims when a sinner is saved, they are "infused" with the ontological righteousness of Jesus Christ, and thereby become "little christs."

So far, as I can determine, Doom and many of his ilk are thinking this is truth.

"Imputed Righteousness" rather, is a biblical and LEGAL rendering by God, pardoning and declaring criminals (sinners) forgiven, according to an outside righteousness . . . that of a Savior and Substitute . . . who exchanged His righteousness to save His guilty children. He willingly and actually paid their death sentence, in order to trade His goodness for their sinfulness, in the court of God (on the cross).

This is the saving grace of God.

Despite all the slander that has been poured forth upon me in these threads put up by Doom, I do not believe any criminal, such as you and I, can ever achieve the holy righteousness of our Savior. God alone is good. His creatures, by nature, are not good.

But Jesus Christ saw it to be fit to pay the price for their failures, by sinlessly and perfectly keeping all the moral Law, even unto death, to vicariously supply them with His righteousness, through LEGAL Justification, before God the Judge; obtaining their Pardon and forgiveness by His blood (life) offering, which alone could remit their sins.

IOW's, no creature is sinless and as righteous as Christ, but all redeemed by His blood are exhorted to live and live "Holy, for He is holy." I Peter 1:16

I have no idea why I am being so persecuted for believing and teaching this basic truth of the Gospel of Grace in Jesus Christ.

What Christian witness does any man have before the ungodly world, unless it proves to be a holy witness? What good is the Christian "salt of the world" if it loses its savor?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I think Nang is a humanist. It's the humanists who claim they can eventually be like God....be holy as God is holy....eventually able to not "continually practice sin". Guess they don't realize it won't cut it to be almost "perfect". :nono:

For goodness sakes . . . throughout this entire thread I have been denying the above.

Doom says I believe this.

I say I do not.

What is wrong with you people reading?

Do you just want and insist that I believe something I do not, for the wickedness and enjoyment of the false accusation?

That is devilish! . . .

glorydaz

Nope. Imputed righteousness.

Maybe you should lexically define righteousness, since you don't seem to know what it actually means.

Nope, you have been preaching infused righteousness. Imputed righteousness is the righteousness of God put to our account. It's all about Christ and He gets ALL THE GLORY. You're so quick to claim others don't seem to "know" what things actually mean, which tells me boasting is essential to your "faith".

How would you ever have any conduct of any kind if righteousness didn't include conduct? Nobody would be able to do works of faith. They'd all be sin. Every last thing that was done.

Nonsense. Christ's righteousness included HIS conduct. It was HIS obedience that is accounted to us. Which is why boasting is excluded by the Law of faith. You don't seem to know what that "actually means."

And why do you examine others' behavior and then berate anyone else who even hints at it?

For a guy who thinks he's so smart, you are proving to be just the opposite. :chuckle: I don't "examine others' behavior". In the first place I don't know how people really "behave". In the second place, a person's behavior has nothing to do with their justification before God.

Oh, wait. If I dare say there's a double standard, then I'm presenting infused righteousness or Lordship salvation.

Why don't you stop worrying about how what you say will be received and start considering you just aren't as smart as you think you are. Then, you might actually hear for a change.

This is what keeps TOL in a stir of hate-mongering.

Sadly, you're one who sees hate where it doesn't even exist. That's because you are so programmed to look on the outside. You think you can judge a book by it's cover....which is why you fail.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nope, you have been preaching infused righteousness.

WRONG!

Doom is the one accusing me of believing in infused righteousness, which supposedly can elevate one to the same level as Christ. This is RCC teaching.

I have denied this over and over, but he keeps accusing me . . . I suppose in his own ignorance and desire to harm me.

Imputed righteousness is the righteousness of God put to our account.

I agree. I have NEVER posted or testified to the contrary.

There is no reason for these recent threads by Doom.

And I really resent and grieve that Admin continues to allow them on these boards.

glorydaz

For goodness sakes . . . throughout this entire thread I have been denying the above.

Doom says I believe this.

I say I do not.

What is wrong with you people reading?

Do you just want and insist that I believe something I do not, for the wickedness and enjoyment of the false accusation?

That is devilish! . . .

You can deny anything, and often do. The point is that you are claiming you need to be holy as Jesus is holy. Do you see "as" mentioned twice there? No, so you can't accuse me of adding to what you claim.

So, are you holy as Jesus is holy? How was Jesus holy?

1. He never sinned.
2. He was obedient unto death.
3. He fulfilled all the law.
4. He was perfect as His Father in Heaven is perfect.

Are you?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You can deny anything, and often do. The point is that you are claiming you need to be holy as Jesus is holy. Do you see "as" mentioned twice there? No, so you can't accuse me of adding to what you claim.

So, are you holy as Jesus is holy? How was Jesus holy?

1. He never sinned.
2. He was obedient unto death.
3. He fulfilled all the law.
4. He was perfect as His Father in Heaven is perfect.

Are you?

Scripture says "Be holy for I am Holy." I Peter 1:16 (cp Lev. 11:44, 45, 19:2, 200:7)

I only agree with the Holy Word of God.

Do you disagree with the above scriptures? Why?

glorydaz

This is the most excellent and pertinent question yet asked on this thread. . .

"Infused righteousness" is the superstitious and mystical belief of the RCC as taught in their catechism, which claims when a sinner is saved, they are "infused" with the ontological righteousness of Jesus Christ, and thereby become "little christs."

So far, as I can determine, Doom and many of his ilk are thinking this is truth.

"Imputed Righteousness" rather, is a biblical and LEGAL rendering by God, pardoning and declaring criminals (sinners) forgiven, according to an outside righteousness . . . that of a Savior and Substitute . . . who exchanged His righteousness to save His guilty children. He willingly and actually paid their death sentence, in order to trade His goodness for their sinfulness, in the court of God (on the cross).

This is the saving grace of God.

Despite all the slander that has been poured forth upon me in these threads put up by Doom, I do not believe any criminal, such as you and I, can ever achieve the holy righteousness of our Savior. God alone is good. His creatures, by nature, are not good.

But Jesus Christ saw it to be fit to pay the price for their failures, by sinlessly and perfectly keeping all the moral Law, even unto death, to vicariously supply them with His righteousness, through LEGAL Justification, before God the Judge; obtaining their Pardon and forgiveness by His blood (life) offering, which alone could remit their sins.

IOW's, no creature is sinless and as righteous as Christ, but all redeemed by His blood are exhorted to live and live "Holy, for He is holy." I Peter 1:16

I have no idea why I am being so persecuted for believing and teaching this basic truth of the Gospel of Grace in Jesus Christ.

What Christian witness does any man have before the ungodly world, unless it proves to be a holy witness? What good is the Christian "salt of the world" if it loses its savor?

Nang said:
God is holy because of what He is, and what He is, determines all His acts . . . which are ALWAYS righteous and just . . . because He is holy.

Get it?

So what is a Christian? What determines the actions of a Christian, but what he is.

If one professes to be in Christ, but does not act holy as Christ is holy, that evidences what that professor is NOT.

My goodness, Nang. You are so speaking out of both sides of your mouth. You admit God is ALWAYS RIGHTEOUS, and then you turn around and claim if we don't "ACT HOLY AS CHRIST IS HOLY" we aren't believers. Do you see the word ACT in there? That's Catholic infused righteousness you're preaching. :nono:

glorydaz

Scripture says "Be holy for I am Holy." I Peter 1:16 (cp Lev. 11:44, 45, 19:2, 200:7)

I only agree with the Holy Word of God.

Do you disagree with the above scriptures? Why?

I don't disagree with those verses, I just understand what they are saying.

Why does Jesus say, in Matt. 5, to be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect? Hes just been preaching the law, has He not? What is the law but our schoolmaster to lead us to Christ? Can the law justify us? Can the law make us holy? Can the law give life? You have to answer these questions before you can understand the verses you present.

glorydaz

WRONG!

Doom is the one accusing me of believing in infused righteousness, which supposedly can elevate one to the same level as Christ. This is RCC teaching.

I have denied this over and over, but he keeps accusing me . . . I suppose in his own ignorance and desire to harm me.

I agree. I have NEVER posted or testified to the contrary.

There is no reason for these recent threads by Doom.

And I really resent and grieve that Admin continues to allow them on these boards.

Nang, you can't blame this on Doom or the Admin. It's your inability to see the simple reading of what you have written. You can give the definitions of imputed and infused righteousness, and claim to cling to the one and abhor the other, but, when push comes to shove, you insist we are justified by our actions....they must be holy. In other words, you're preaching a gift with strings attached.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't disagree with those verses, I just understand what they are saying.

Why does Jesus say, in Matt. 5, to be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect? Hes just been preaching the law, has He not? What is the law but our schoolmaster to lead us to Christ? Can the law justify us? Can the law make us holy? Can the law give life? You have to answer these questions before you can understand the verses you present.

Mat chs 5 to 7 is the law of the Spirit of the new covenant.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nang, you can't blame this on Doom or the Admin. It's your inability to see the simple reading of what you have written. You can give the definitions of imputed and infused righteousness, and claim to cling to the one and abhor the other, but, when push comes to shove, you insist we are justified by our actions....they must be holy. In other words, you're preaching a gift with strings attached.

Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Jas 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

glorydaz

OK. So tell us all. What does I Peter 1:16 say?

It's saying, "It is written......" The ball is now in your court to explain why it was written and how it can be fulfilled. I've given you a really big hint. "Be ye perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect."

glorydaz

Mat chs 5 to 7 is the law of the Spirit of the new covenant.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

LA

So you think you can be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect?

You'd best get busy....