My Ignored List

Truster

If I were to pretend 'fellowship' with someone who was pretending to be converted then I would be called to account here on earth. I would lose my peace and the conviction I would feel would make life unbearable.
If anyone thinks I ignore people at the drop of a hat you are madly and gravely mistaken. I do so because light hath no fellowship with darkness…period.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If I were to pretend 'fellowship' with someone who was pretending to be converted then I would be called to account here on earth. I would lose my peace and the conviction I would feel would make life unbearable.
If anyone thinks I ignore people at the drop of a hat you are madly and gravely mistaken. I do so because light hath no fellowship with dakness…period.

Your "true" reason for placing posters on ignore, do not resonate
from a Spiritual motive! You simply don't like anyone who disagrees
with you and your beliefs! You're an arrogant, self-absorbed individual,
who suffers from a form of egomania!

You've also, self-deceived yourself into believing your, judgments
and conclusions are final, and binding! In essence, you're a, legend
in your own mind!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Messiah spoke with Nicodemus it was explained that something else was required. That something else required a new birth from above and unless you have experienced that you are not saved.

Explain verse 8. He says all those born of the Spirit can do certain things.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll simply say that I don't think your words are anything special, and I really don't care what you have to say.

The fruit of the Spirit is what he confesses. And he confesses that the Lord Jesus Christ did not die for all sin, but only the cosmic lottery winners. He is outside the faith. He has another faith and another Jesus, as Paul said. And headed for hell.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The fruit of the Spirit is what he confesses. And he confesses that the Lord Jesus Christ did not die for all sin, but only the cosmic lottery winners. He is outside the faith. He has another faith and another Jesus, as Paul said. And headed for hell.

I can understand the argument but I think the "another Jesus" would have been restricted to the works salvation groups. Then again in-spite of Calvin's OSAS doctrines, it does appear at least looking into the history of his movement that they were quite the legalists.

Lon

I was sincere in the OP and meant what I said. If I had any intention in going back on what I had said then I wouldn't have wasted a single moment in the thought of it, let alone doing it.

Being double minded is not something I suffer from. If someone is promoting that which is opposed to the truth then it is my prerogative to dismiss the message and the messenger. If there were at any time a show of genuine repentance then it would cause me to embrace the messenger as a brother.
Er, except for you've read me, at least a couple of times now...

Lon

It isn't Lottery. The stone the builders rejected became the cornerstone for all who believe. It is a miracle that any of us believe because it is Christ drawing us. I don't know about you, but for me, Christ was irresistable. We are both here in Him, right?

I'm saying don't draw the harsh line. In my church, there is an embrace. The Boyd and others are SBC. I think it the better model. Yes, we may not all be in Him, but 'if' we can, I think inclusion better than ostracism. I do stand firm as we all should on doctrine but it is important to discern salvific and nonsalvific matters. When I first learned of OV, I was leary and had to watch closely. I do not believe it a salvific matter on a doctrinal level. Our disagreement is serious but it is critical we rightly divine, and rightly divide. For me, I have followed my SBC leaders because it seems fitting and wise at this time.

We may continue to fight and argue the matter, but for me, you are in my fellowship and I don't want the separation.

In Him

Lon

IMJerusha

I can understand the argument but I think the "another Jesus" would have been restricted to the works salvation groups. Then again in-spite of Calvin's OSAS doctrines, it does appear at least looking into the history of his movement that they were quite the legalists.

Recommend you read "Institutes of the Christian Religion" by John Calvin. He's not OSAS. His thoughts along those lines have been....twisted.