My Ignored List

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I guess if I visit a relative in the mental ward, I'd better not say I just got back from the nut house. :chuckle:

I hate having to worry about what other people might think...so I don't. If they don't appreciate my wit and sense of timing, I figure they are too serious and needed me in their life to let the sunshine in. ;)

That's right!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i have a few very close friends here with whom I have discussed jail ministry. When I come in here late on Sunday night, there are usually very few people here and I have often commented that, "I just got out of jail and am now eating popcorn." :popcorn: They know that I'm trying to make things light.
After talking nearly non-stop for three or four hours, I come here to unwind, usually with a poor attempt at humor.

If there is any point to be made, it is this. I'm am extremely grateful for the tremendous privilege to be able to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with those who are hurting in such circumstances, regardless of their crimes, for 'while we were yet sinners, Christ died for the ungodly'. For things that I've done at times in my past, I could just as easily be there dressed in orange as any of them. Many times, I and my two brothers in Christ, leave there floating a foot off the ground and astonished at how GOD's Holy Spirit moves in that environment and how humbled we feel at being allowed to be His instruments for a short while in such a desperate place.
As Francis Schaeffer said, most Christians have a 'citadel' mentality where the attitude is, I'll throw a rock over the wall or over the moat, but you can't reach me in here(my paraphrase).
With all the professing Christians going to church on Sunday morning and many three times a week, it is incredible how few really take the gospel to the lost and I guess besides my attempt at humor, I would hope that the mere mention of jail ministry would inspire others to want to share with the lost what GOD has done for them and what He would just as well do for others.

Thank you for being the catalyst by which I was pressed to expound a little.
Your service to the Lord is commendable. Would that more be so moved. Thank you for sharing more details.

AMR

Lon

!

!

I guess if I visit a relative in the mental ward, I'd better not say I just got back from the nut house. :chuckle:

ESPECIALLY if you say you are out on Community Chest or Chance!

I'm callin' the white-coats.

I hate having to worry about what other people might think...so I don't.
Wait....what are you trying to tell me?

If they don't appreciate my wit and sense of timing, I figure they are too serious and needed me in their life to let the sunshine in. ;)
"The sunshine in" Which ward uses those code words?
I just jumped across the 5th dimension...

5th Dimension - 2:30 - Let the Sunshine

Truster

I don’t like anything to be hidden. I don’t like deviousness and if a man is not prepared, in good conscience, to make known his acts and facts then he should not perform nor speak them.

I've been reading this section of the OP and cannot see anything wrong in the statement. In fact it speaks the praises of being open, sincere and honest. Is this a problem for anyone?

IMJerusha

I don’t like anything to be hidden. I don’t like deviousness and if a man is not prepared, in good conscience, to make known his acts and facts then he should not perform nor speak them.

I've been reading this section of the OP and cannot see anything wrong in the statement. In fact it speaks the praises of being open, sincere and honest. Is this a problem for anyone?

No, providing such is coupled with the love of Yeshua.

Brother Vinny

Not at all. It's the perfect prelude to talking about those things you hide from yourself.

Truster

I also know how valuable time is and I realise that anyone who is ‘ignored’ without knowing so and answers my threads is indeed wasting their time. I don’t want that burden on my conscience.

I find nothing but consideration for others in this next sentence. Finished off with the desire for a clear conscience.

IMJerusha

I also know how valuable time is and I realise that anyone who is ‘ignored’ without knowing so and answers my threads is indeed wasting their time. I don’t want that burden on my conscience.

I find nothing but consideration for others in this next sentence. Finished off with the desire for a clear conscience.

You need to put people on ignore? I have a problem coupling that act with consideration.

Truster

It is because of this I must, in good conscience, reveal that I do have an ignore list and also state who is on there.

A summary and a desire to keep a good conscience.

I always inform my clients that there maybe things that I have to inform them of that I would prefer not to say and they would prefer not to hear. But in their interest and my necessity of keeping a clear conscience I shall be giving them facts based on law and then asking them not to shoot the messenger.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It is because of this I must, in good conscience, reveal that I do have an ignore list and also state who is on there.

I always inform my clients that there maybe things that I have to inform them of that I would prefer not to say and they would prefer not to hear. But in their interest and my necessity of keeping a clear conscience I shall be giving them facts based on law and then asking them not to shoot the messenger.

How, extremely kind of you! You're the man! What a guy!

IMJerusha

So you were seeking forgiveness from those you'd been inconsiderate to? But....ah well, nevermind.

Truster

There are others who have earned the privilege of not having their posts read, but if they aspire to be completely ignored, I shall update this list.

On a site where 99.9% of people say they believe in free will there seems to be a general denial of my right to exercise any will of my own in who I wish to acknowledge. The reason for this is simply a desire to avoid unnecessary confrontation with people who I have a dislike of and from reading some of my PM's the feeling seems mutual.

Truster

And then of course we have the list:

Angel4Truth, gloydaz, Bill Fortenberry, CatholicCrusader, genuineoriginal and the first man to get on the list Grosnick Marowbe …plus meshak, plus Brother Vinny, plus Lon, plus Thunder's Muse, plus IMJerusa, plus….

In view of my kindness in attempting to prevent people wasting their time they seem hell bent on doing so. Never mind. My conscience is clear and as is usual for me. Within 30 seconds of my head hitting the pillow I'm sending up Zzzzzzz"s. As the Psalmist said, ''My sleep is sweet''..amen.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Angel4Truth, gloydaz, Bill Fortenberry, CatholicCrusader, genuineoriginal and the first man to get on the list Grosnick Marowbe …plus meshak, plus Brother Vinny, plus Lon, plus Thunder's Muse, plus IMJerusa, plus….

In view of my kindness in attempting to prevent people wasting their time they seem hell bent on doing so. Never mind. My conscience is clear and as is usual for me. Within 30 seconds of my head hitting the pillow I'm sending up Zzzzzzz"s. As the Psalmist said, ''My sleep is sweet''..amen.

Why not just place "everyone" on ignore, and just teach?

Brother Vinny

"Eleven! Eleven Ignored Members, ah-ah-ah-ah!"

TheCount.jpg

IMJerusha

That's IMJerusha, thank you! Won't you have to come back here and update your list from time to time so you can maintain your clear conscience? And isn't confession without repentance sort of moot? From whence cometh the clear conscience then?