My Ignored List

glorydaz

On Sunday nights, they let me in at 7:00pm and they let me out from 10:00 to 11:00, depending on how long it takes to talk through five cell blocks.

Keep talking, brother. Who knows who will hear. :thumb:

Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Lon

He serves a prison ministry folks. There seems to be confusion, thinking he is a prisoner himself.
Yes, but I think that was on purpose to see reaction? Just a guess because this isn't the only thread.

There are a few here, if I remember correctly, who spent jail time for protests and such. Peter and Paul both spent time similarly in prison. I was simply waiting for Steko to tell us if he wanted or not. It wasn't for me to pry or judge. I was simply glad he was out :)

genuineoriginal

On Sunday nights, they let me in at 7:00pm and they let me out from 10:00 to 11:00, depending on how long it takes to talk through five cell blocks.

Matthew 25:34-36
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You could have just said so...prison visitations. Why the coy approach?

AMR

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

AMR

:idunno:

There are different personality types, here.

Some enjoy some levity now and then and those that really know me in this forum are familiar with my occasional behavior in this way.

I apologize if it was an offense.

genuineoriginal

Some enjoy some levity now and then and those that really know me in this forum are familiar with my occasional behavior in this way.

If he was predestined to be offended by your humor, there is really no need to apologize.

glorydaz

AMR

If this is news to you, it shouldn't be. You call it "coy" and I saw it as humor, because he often jokes about his going to jail. I'd joke about it, too, if I went to jail. Unless, of course, I had to go to jail for some punishment....which I don't foresee, but ya never know.

glorydaz

Yes, but I think that was on purpose to see reaction? Just a guess because this isn't the only thread.

There are a few here, if I remember correctly, who spent jail time for protests and such. Peter and Paul both spent time similarly in prison. I was simply waiting for Steko to tell us if he wanted or not. It wasn't for me to pry or judge. I was simply glad he was out :)

I guess if I visit a relative in the mental ward, I'd better not say I just got back from the nut house. :chuckle:

I hate having to worry about what other people might think...so I don't. If they don't appreciate my wit and sense of timing, I figure they are too serious and needed me in their life to let the sunshine in. ;)

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

No offense. I believe you posted similarly in another thread so I assumed you really, really, wanted to make a point about this.

Patrick

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No offense. I believe you posted similarly in another thread so I assumed you really, really, wanted to make a point about this.

Patrick

i have a few very close friends here with whom I have discussed jail ministry. When I come in here late on Sunday night, there are usually very few people here and I have often commented that, "I just got out of jail and am now eating popcorn." :popcorn: They know that I'm trying to make things light.
After talking nearly non-stop for three or four hours, I come here to unwind, usually with a poor attempt at humor.

If there is any point to be made, it is this. I'm am extremely grateful for the tremendous privilege to be able to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with those who are hurting in such circumstances, regardless of their crimes, for 'while we were yet sinners, Christ died for the ungodly'. For things that I've done at times in my past, I could just as easily be there dressed in orange as any of them. Many times, I and my two brothers in Christ, leave there floating a foot off the ground and astonished at how GOD's Holy Spirit moves in that environment and how humbled we feel at being allowed to be His instruments for a short while in such a desperate place.
As Francis Schaeffer said, most Christians have a 'citadel' mentality where the attitude is, I'll throw a rock over the wall or over the moat, but you can't reach me in here(my paraphrase).
With all the professing Christians going to church on Sunday morning and many three times a week, it is incredible how few really take the gospel to the lost and I guess besides my attempt at humor, I would hope that the mere mention of jail ministry would inspire others to want to share with the lost what GOD has done for them and what He would just as well do for others.

Thank you for being the catalyst by which I was pressed to expound a little.

glorydaz

i have a few very close friends here with whom I have discussed jail ministry. When I come in here late on Sunday night, there are usually very few people here and I have often commented that, "I just got out of jail and am now eating popcorn." :popcorn: They know that I'm trying to make things light.
After talking nearly non-stop for three or four hours, I come here to unwind, usually with a poor attempt at humor.

If there is any point to be made, it is this. I'm am extremely grateful for the tremendous privilege to be able to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with those who are hurting in such circumstances, regardless of their crimes, for 'while we were yet sinners, Christ died for the ungodly'. For things that I've done at times in my past, I could just as easily be there dressed in orange as any of them. Many times, I and my two brothers in Christ, leave there floating a foot off the ground and astonished at how GOD's Holy Spirit moves in that environment and how humbled we feel at being allowed to be His instruments for a short while in such a desperate place.
As Francis Schaeffer said, most Christians have a 'citadel' mentality where the attitude is, I'll throw a rock over the wall or over the moat, but you can't reach me in here(my paraphrase).
With all the professing Christians going to church on Sunday morning and many three times a week, it is incredible how few really take the gospel to the lost and I guess besides my attempt at humor, I would hope that the mere mention of jail ministry would inspire others to want to share with the lost what GOD has done for them and what He would just as well do for others.

And unlike what the accusers of the brethren say, those who have assurance of their salvation do not live in "unrepentant sin" but IN CHRIST. They have no need to boast of what the Lord is accomplishing through them...in fact, it's almost like pulling teeth to get them to admit their good deeds. Preaching the Gospel is something all believers are doing and "getting away with sin" is the last thing on our minds.

I'm thinking of Jason and his accusations against you (among others), and I laugh when I know how little he knows about those who have a heart purified by faith and have a desire to please the Lord in all we do. He has no clue of what it means to enter into rest or the assurance we have IN HIM. It's sad....a little prison of it's own...of fear and doubt and an obsession with sins other must be committing.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Good stuff Steko!!