MTG

Arthur Brain

Yep.
Not a sudden morphing, but hard to reverse after 20.
Nope, because they are only so to you because you have a humanistic mindset that won’t allow God’s standards to dictate anything to you.
Tell me, how does this 'gradual morphing' take place then and what are your parameters for 'feminism' exactly? Is a woman who values personal autonomy in life and with no wish to be subservient to a man a feminist to you? If so then that's misogyny, pure and simple.

Roberston's comments are risible and pathetic because they are demeaning towards women, fact. Your silly little stuff about 'humanist mindset' and the like can be discarded accordingly. There was nothing 'Godly' about his remarks, just puerility.

marke

Tell me, how does this 'gradual morphing' take place then and what are your parameters for 'feminism' exactly? Is a woman who values personal autonomy in life and with no wish to be subservient to a man a feminist to you? If so then that's misogyny, pure and simple.

Roberston's comments are risible and pathetic because they are demeaning towards women, fact. Your silly little stuff about 'humanist mindset' and the like can be discarded accordingly. There was nothing 'Godly' about his remarks, just puerility.
Women who do not wish to marry are free not to marry. Women who deny God's established rules in marriage are rebelling against God.

Arthur Brain

Robertson's reasoning does not seem to be without flaws. Perhaps he needed to word his statements differently.
The wording isn't the issue. However he'd worded that pathetic little speech, the sentiments would have remained just as atrocious. The insidious implications, not to mention the completely disparaging attitude towards women are vile. "Get em' when they're 15/16" is creepy as anything. The obvious implication that younger teens are more likely to be pliant, malleable and molded into the "ideal wife" is contemptible in itself. The disparaging view of women in that they'll turn into gold diggers once they've turned twenty is also pathetic. His comments are inexcusable as that. Heck, no wonder there's feminists in the world with the likes of Robertson and the like around, who can blame them?

Oh, not interested in addressing the other myriad posts you've made, they were pretty much just blog statements anyway...

Derf

The wording isn't the issue. However he'd worded that pathetic little speech, the sentiments would have remained just as atrocious. The insidious implications, not to mention the completely disparaging attitude towards women are vile. "Get em' when they're 15/16" is creepy as anything. The obvious implication that younger teens are more likely to be pliant, malleable and molded into the "ideal wife" is contemptible in itself. The disparaging view of women in that they'll turn into gold diggers once they've turned twenty is also pathetic. His comments are inexcusable as that. Heck, no wonder there's feminists in the world with the likes of Robertson and the like around, who can blame them?

Oh, not interested in addressing the other myriad posts you've made, they were pretty much just blog statements anyway...
Would you have trouble if he said the young men needed to be pliant, malleable, and molded into the "ideal husband"?

Arthur Brain

Would you have trouble if he said the young men needed to be pliant, malleable, and molded into the "ideal husband"?
Given the ignorant and misogynistic nature of his remarks, then they'd only be in reference to females Derf. He's encouraging males to get teenage girls as young as 15, remember? Cos if they wait too late they'll only turn into gold digging feminists!

Derf

Given the ignorant and misogynistic nature of his remarks, then they'd only be in reference to females Derf. He's encouraging males to get teenage girls as young as 15, remember? Cos if they wait too late they'll only turn into gold digging feminists!
If it's only in reference to some evil intention you've cooked up for him, then there's no real beef, except in your head. It still isn't a problem.

If you could answer my question, however, it gets you outside of your own standard of morality for a moment, and might allow you to think clearly, however so briefly.

Arthur Brain

If it's only in reference to some evil intention you've cooked up for him, then there's no real beef, except in your head. It still isn't a problem.

If you could answer my question, however, it gets you outside of your own standard of morality for a moment, and might allow you to think clearly, however so briefly.
Hey, I didn't have anything to do with his disparaging and creepy remarks so get a grip. That's all on him, got it? It's a problem for anyone who has an issue with pathetic and misogynistic attitudes towards women so if that excludes you then that's revealing.

Hilarious that you ask me to answer your question when it has in fact been answered and you continually avoid my own but I'll expand on it anyway. No teenager, whether male or female should be regarded in any way as per Robertson's comments. Got that straight now? Anything else that's tripping you up? How about you answer my own questions now?

Derf

Hey, I didn't have anything to do with his disparaging and creepy remarks so get a grip. That's all on him, got it? It's a problem for anyone who has an issue with pathetic and misogynistic attitudes towards women so if that excludes you then that's revealing.

Hilarious that you ask me to answer your question when it has in fact been answered and you continually avoid my own but I'll expand on it anyway. No teenager, whether male or female should be regarded in any way as per Robertson's comments. Got that straight now? Anything else that's tripping you up? How about you answer my own questions now?
I’m not sure which of your questions you don’t think I’ve answered. I thought I was pretty straightforward. Ask again what I missed.

But I think you are saying in this post that teenagers should never listen to anyone that doesn’t agree with you on this subject. Even if your way is wrong (which I’m sure you never are).

Arthur Brain

I’m not sure which of your questions you don’t think I’ve answered. I thought I was pretty straightforward. Ask again what I missed.

But I think you are saying in this post that teenagers should never listen to anyone that doesn’t agree with you on this subject. Even if your way is wrong (which I’m sure you never are).
Then you're not much good at keeping up with a conversation then are you? Define your parameters for 'feminism' for starters. I didn't say any of what you "think" I said at all. My position in regards to Robertson's risible comments are all still there and associated so how you construe what you post here is anyone's guess, probably even your own.

Arthur Brain

Here, answer this:

Tell me, how does this 'gradual morphing' take place then and what are your parameters for 'feminism' exactly? Is a woman who values personal autonomy in life and with no wish to be subservient to a man a feminist to you?

Derf

Here, answer this:

Tell me, how does this 'gradual morphing' take place then and what are your parameters for 'feminism' exactly? Is a woman who values personal autonomy in life and with no wish to be subservient to a man a feminist to you?
I don’t know all the details, but much of it is taught in literature and social institutions, like high school and college.

And “subservience” is not what Robertson is talking about, so we’ll call that a straw man.

Arthur Brain

I don’t know all the details, but much of it is taught in literature and social institutions, like high school and college.

And “subservience” is not what Robertson is talking about, so we’ll call that a straw man.
So, surprisingly enough, a complete non answer then. I was asking you how you define feminism and what the parameters entail, not some irrelevant bunk about literature and whatnot. Can you not do that? Does it exceed your knowledge on the subject or something or are you just uncomfortable to state what you think on the matter yourself? Again, does a woman who values personal autonomy and with no wish to be subservient to a man a 'feminist' to you?

Of course Robertson's remarks were about subservience, never mind the pathetic and demeaning side to them for the moment, how could you possibly not get that?

Here's his quote again:

"Look, you wait 'til they get to be 20 years old, the only picking that's going to take place is your pocket," he said. "You got to marry these girls when they are about 15 or 16. They'll pick your ducks. You need to check with mom and dad about that, of course."

Now either you are playing dumb or you just plain are, which is it?

Last edited:

marke

Men have views about women and women have views about men. Not all views are flattering. The unsaved world thinks God's views about women is wrong. God is not wrong, the unsaved are wrong.

marke

If men recommend marrying a virgin would that bother you? If men recommend marrying a woman who was not focused on making money than on being a good wife bother you? You have your views about women. Robertson has his views about women and marriage, and God has His views about women and marriage. God condoned arranged marriages where the parents arranged for their children to marry the parents' choice of a mate. Are you OK with that?

marke

If certain sects of people think women should be chosen for marriage in a certain way, do you think they are wrong if they do not share your opinions about how men should choose their own wives? Are Muslims wrong to choose wives the way they choose them? Are you right and millions of Muslims wrong? What should Americans do to get Muslim men straightened out about marriage? What should you do about the problem, criticize Muslim men on social media?

marke

Here, answer this:

Christians do not value women who do not wish to please God in marriage. Have you got a problem with that? How do you work to fix a problem like that if that is how you perceive Christian values? Mock Christians or condemn them on social media?

marke

So, surprisingly enough, a complete non answer then. I was asking you how you define feminism and what the parameters entail, not some irrelevant bunk about literature and whatnot. Can you not do that? Does it exceed your knowledge on the subject or something or are you just uncomfortable to state what you think on the matter yourself? Again, does a woman who values personal autonomy and with no wish to be subservient to a man a 'feminist' to you?

Of course Robertson's remarks were about subservience, never mind the pathetic and demeaning side to them for the moment, how could you possibly not get that?

Here's his quote again:

"Look, you wait 'til they get to be 20 years old, the only picking that's going to take place is your pocket," he said. "You got to marry these girls when they are about 15 or 16. They'll pick your ducks. You need to check with mom and dad about that, of course."

Now either you are playing dumb or you just plain are, which is it?
Robertson recommends marrying a girl before she becomes polluted with the world. Do you have a problem with that advice?