Mr. Religion and His Calvinistic Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It's very simple. In fact, so simple you can't even see it.

What's simple is your mind, Grosnick :chuckle:

The Reformation was a reform on the Catholic Church, not a reinvention of Christianity.
That is why you all can't tell the difference between the two- your Christianity is an reinvention.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
John Calvin never defends the Trinity, upon which his whole theology is built in his Institutes. There, the Trinity is presumed. The only way to successfully and indomitably defend the Trinity is to invoke the Catholic Church, because she and only she has believed in and taught the Trinity from the earliest. So if Calvin did defend the Trinity, then he would have to admit that his theology ultimately begs, borrows and steals from, and so is ultimately constructed upon Holy Catholicism. Therefore he could not be used to justify any ecclesial community that was not a Catholic parish.

Nihlo,

I am a drifting member of the body. I have no denominational affiliation. I refuse to bash any assembly of Christ's followers. I am adamant that Protestants putting down Catholics is wrong, and Catholics putting down Protestants is wrong. Much of Protestantism unknowingly draws a ton of its core doctrine from the Catechism.

I do my best to be neutral, but the more I learn about Calvinism, the more poorly I speak towards it.

I hope this serves as a suitable reply. : )

# Over 35,000 flavors of Jesus Doctrine and growing....

# Still, only 1 Jesus

# Unless you're in Mexico... Lots of Jesus's there...

Jerry Shugart

The Bible says that Christ is our life. If one is not in Christ, he is spiritually dead. If one is spiritually dead, he cannot hear spiritual things. If he cannot hear then he cannot have faith. And we are back to square one.

We are not back to square one unless we are somehow able to trick our minds into believing that the gospel, which comes in power and in the Holy Spirit (1 Thess.1:5), is incapable of giving life to those who are dead in sin. Paul said the following but you deny that "power":

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).​

According to you, the gospel and the Holy Spirit which accompanies it, are impotent to save anyone. According to your mistaken beliefs a person is saved before they believe:

You asked me if I want to argue whether a person can be saved prior to believing. I answered Yes.

The sad thing is the fact that you are unable to even understand that what you say is contradicted by the Scriptures. The reason why you cannot see that is because your final authority is Calvinism and not the Scriptures.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
What does that prove?

It proves that he didn't 'know' until he saw Jesus assume into Heaven. The apostles acted differently afterward.

The Bible is all about faith- faith is not 'knowing'. Maybe you should get to know the difference, instead of being so pompous and mistreating other people on account of a dishonest standing.

Wick Stick

Looks like the invited guest declined to show up.

Considering the dumpster fire you started here, I can see why. :chuckle:

Jerry Shugart

The Bible is all about faith- faith is not 'knowing'.

That tells me a lot about your faith. Those of us with real faith "know" that these things are true because the Lord has given us an understanding of them:

"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life" (1 Jn.5:20).​

You must not be able to hear what the Lord said which gave those of us with true faith an understanding of these things or else you would "know" that they are true. Let us look at what John said earlier in the same chapter about "eternal life":

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 Jn.5:11).​

Here John tells the Christian that he has already been given eternal life and that life is in the Lord Jesus. The Greek word translated "eternal"means "without end, never to cease, everlasting" (Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon).

So if you believe John then you know that the Christian possesses a life in the Lord Jesus that is without end.

Do you know that?

Jerry Shugart

Looks like the invited guest declined to show up.

Considering the dumpster fire you started here, I can see why. :chuckle:

Yes, when we don't want him around he is always here sticking his nose into everything. But when you want him to defend his teaching he cannot be found!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
That tells me a lot about your faith. Those of us with real faith "know" that these things are true because the Lord has given us an understanding of them:

"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life" (1 Jn.5:20).​

You must not be able to hear what the Lord said which gave those of us with true faith an understanding of these things or else you would "know" that they are true. Let us look at what John said earlier in the same chapter about "eternal life":

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 Jn.5:11).​

Here John tells the Christian that he has already been given eternal life and that life is in the Lord Jesus. The Greek word translated "eternal"means "without end, never to cease, everlasting" (Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon).

So if you believe John then you know that the Christian possesses a life in the Lord Jesus that is without end.

Do you know that?

He's speaking in the spirit of faith.

And
The Apostles saw Jesus ascend into Heaven.

What you all are really doing is showing how easily one can form fiction in interpretation. A person who is humble lives by faith, a person who is full of their self claims to know all and have witnessed all.

Status
Not open for further replies.