Mr. Religion and His Calvinistic Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

jerry

I am only following Paul when he tells us to do this:
"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (2 Tim.4:2-4).

Thats talking about people like you who dont want to hear sound doctrine. Like the total depravity of man by nature, who cant do anything to please God Rom 8:8

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

They dont have the ability !

God's Truth

Bishops, John. Bishops.

Clavinists, Dispies, Roman shills and Scripture. Two of these have bishops, and two of them don't.

Punt.

During the laying of the foundation, there were churches, which were people's homes where the people gathered to learn about the words from Jesus Christ and salvation.

These churches were named after the cities in which the people gathered in someone's home.

They had leaders to help organize and who were sound in the faith and doctrine.

We do not need all that anymore because the foundation is laid and we have access to the written words of Jesus Christ.

Your Catholic church is nothing like the churches in the New Testament, so I don't get how you think your denomination is so like the ones in the beginning just because you call someone 'Bishop'.

God's Truth

jerry

Thats talking about people like you who dont want to hear sound doctrine. Like the total depravity of man by nature, who cant do anything to please God Rom 8:8

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

They dont have the ability !

That scripture is about those who ONLY live to please their flesh.

We are flesh and spirit.

Some people do not only live to please their flesh, some people are more spiritually inclined and again, they do not only live to please their flesh.

The people who only live to please their flesh, they cannot please God, for they want none of this making your body a living sacrifice without sinning.

beloved57

That scripture is about those who ONLY live to please their flesh.

We are flesh and spirit.

Some people do not only live to please their flesh, some people are more spiritually inclined and again, they do not only live to pleas their flesh.

The people who only live to please their flesh, they cannot please God, for they want none of this making your body a living sacrifice without sinning.

All men by nature are in the flesh, and can only please the flesh !

God's Truth

Calvinism is the gospel behind the gospel- it explains the gospel.

Just about every verse stated on here can be countered with another verse. If you bring up Paul's faith alone, another can bring up James' faith and works. If you bring up free will, another can bring up predestination.

This is the pitfall of proof texting, as all it amounts to is who can make a better fiction than the other :rolleyes:

Calvinism is not a rejection of free will, it is an emphasis on predestination. It is not 'works based salvation', it upholds works as an evidence of a living faith. James says that faith without works is a dead faith- you can't just cancel that out and pretend it's not there in scripture :chuckle:

It seems to me like the anti-Calvinists on here have to resort to making Calvinism out to be something it is not because facing it directly is something you either can't or are unwilling to do.

The Bible says people misunderstand Paul; after Peter says that, he warns us to obey.

People like John Calvin thought Paul was saying we are saved by not obeying because Paul says without works. However, the works Paul was speaking about that do not save are the purification/ceremonial works.

beloved57

The Bible says people misunderstand Paul; after Peter says that, he warns us to obey.

People like John Calvin thought Paul was saying we are saved by not obeying because Paul says without works. However, the works Paul was speaking about that do not save are the purification/ceremonial works.

Christ obeyed God for many,and it made them righteous Rom 5:19

God's Truth

All men by nature are in the flesh, and can only please the flesh !

That is not true, for we are flesh and spirit.

Hebrews 12:9, Zechariah 12:1, and Malachi 2:15.

Jesus tells us that there are good people. Jesus tells us there are people who do right and are on the side of the truth and those are the people who get saved.

Luke 8:15 “… these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.”

Matthew 12:35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

John 18:37 "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

God's Truth

Christ obeyed God for many,and it made them righteous Rom 5:19

Christ obeyed His Father and that is why we have Christ to come to in our obedience.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

beloved57

Christ obeyed His Father and that is why we have Christ to come to in our obedience.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Christ obeyed, and it made many righteous, here read it Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now how are the many made righteous according to the word of God here ? You love the word of God dont you ?

God's Truth

Christ obeyed, and it made many righteous, here read it Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now how are the many made righteous according to the word of God here ? You love the word of God dont you ?

Oh how I love the Word of God.

Jesus is the Way, and we must do what the Way says to get to the Father.

Jerry Shugart

So you don't believe Jesus says to obey everything he commands?

Matthew 28:20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

How are you going to follow this commandment of His?:

"Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not" (Mt.23:1-3).​

john w

Hall of Fame
That's your errant translation.
A saint is someone who seeks God, and with that comes wisdom and perseverance through that wisdom. Quite frankly, if you are so paranoid about anything that looks like a work, then what exactly do you seek other than your own vain fulfillment? What do you persevere in other than being like the atheist down the street from you :rolleyes:

What a mess....Father, must I get into the ditch with him? Very well....According to your will....

1. The above is your errant assertion. No, perverter of the gospel of Christ, a saint is who you are, not what you do, Calvinist Catholic, being united in Christ, and Christ in us.

An atheist, JW, Mormon....can "persevere" in good works, show "evidence", and "seek God"/"god"," lost one. And?

See how that works, Cliff?
Quite frankly,...

Translated: Whenever one qualifies there "argument" with "Quite frankly...Honestly...To tell you the truth...Can I be honest with you?.............," it means they are not being "frank...honest...truthful" with you.

Please teach us another filler/cliche....Please?

2. One more time...

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?80996-Knight-s-pick-03-03-2012

john w

Hall of Fame
Bishops, John. Bishops.

Clavinists, Dispies, Roman shills and Scripture. Two of these have bishops, and two of them don't.

Punt.

Slower...Pay attention..

"Infallible when the popes teach from the chair, ex cathedra, and when all the bishops teach what they all agree on, along with the popes' agreement, when he teaches officially; then and only then is it infallible and is the charism employed which preserves the pope from teaching error, in matters of faith, doctrine and morals."-just made up by the religious prostitute, AKA, the Roman Catholic Organization-no scriptural backing-NADA.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Slower...Pay attention..

"Infallible when the popes teach from the chair, ex cathedra, and when all the bishops teach what they all agree on, along with the popes' agreement, when he teaches officially; then and only then is it infallible and is the charism employed which preserves the pope from teaching error, in matters of faith, doctrine and morals."-just made up by the religious prostitute, AKA, the Roman Catholic Organization-no scriptural backing-NADA.
The Scripture backs the bishops. So where there are bona fide bishops, there is bona fide Christian teaching.

Also, the Church teaches that anybody whose faith is a burning fire within them, should, rightly and with abandon, try to be a Saint.

Status
Not open for further replies.