mercy

Word based mystic

Thought not to enter this thread. But it is hard to pass up.

Word base mystic, how did the power wash go?

I see you did not actually ask me directly about my quote. so no wonder i did not reply.

but as to your pressure washing question.

I always enjoy working outdoors and seeing the end result of my work etched in stone (literally). I did a commercial site brick cleaning.
keeps me in shape 8-10 hours a day handling 4000 psi with one hand switching on and off.
need an hour recovery at the end of the day. I am 51 so yeah. 1 hour down time.

as to the response to your later comment on mercy i posted it to the other comment.

How was your work lately???

dialm

BANNED
Banned
dialm

the scripture is self explanatory.

God saw adam in a state of decay and sin...
God did not want adam to partake of eternal life in His present state.
God did not want man to partake of eternal life, ((Before)) the sacrifice of Jesus was made.

God did not want man to live eternally in that state of sin and decay..
or may i better define it as
God did not want man to have immortality before Christs offering.
That shows the (mercy) of the Fathers heart. For if man was given immortality before sin was dealt with in man that would be a true mess. immortality and eternal life in men living in sin and misery.
so even within his judgement of spiritual death in the garden God planned for the Word to be the sacrifice for sin so man could have eternal life/immortality without being in a state of sin and misery. that is mercy within His judgement maintaining His Fatherly love for His created children.

so
is there still a problem

and no I hadn't been following the thread closely. I had some commercial jobs come up..

Now what do you perceive is the problem.
we are still dealing with mercy.

This is kind of a long thread about what you think. But not one scripture citation. So we just have to take your word for it. (Maybe I should start a power washer myself?)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
What is essential.............

What is essential.............

Hosea 6:6
"For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings."

This alone is one of the most important passages in the Bible, and even more so since Jesus himself (if you trust the gospel reference) is recorded to say about this "go and learn what this means". Therefore, this most essential issue of the 'mercy' and 'knowledge' of 'God' ought to be at the heart of any true disciple.

Love itself, expressing compassion is the key here.

Matthew 9:13

pj

dialm

BANNED
Banned
This alone is one of the most important passages in the Bible, and even more so since Jesus himself (if you trust the gospel reference) is recorded to say about this "go and learn what this means". Therefore, this most essential issue of the 'mercy' and 'knowledge' of 'God' ought to be at the heart of any true disciple.

Love itself, expressing compassion is the key here.

Matthew 9:13

pj

So maybe our host chrysostom might interject here and ask,

'Do you trust the Gospel reference free light?'

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
For what its worth......

For what its worth......

So maybe our host chrysostom might interject here and ask,

'Do you trust the Gospel reference free light?'

Hi dialm,

I'm presenting this to so called 'believers' as if Jesus had really said this, so if he really did say this, then its very important to heed what Jesus said to learn. In other words, really consider and meditate upon this passage, dig deep into its meaning. Can you name many other passages that Jesus specifically says about "go and LEARN what this means"? Hence all the more to ponder it deeply in your heart.

On a more liberal skeptical agnostic front, I merely note that one may believe the record or not, as the 'evidence' for its authenticity could be questioned. However,....at least the gospel writer included it, as something important to the faith-community he was writing to, so take it for what its worth.

pj

dialm

BANNED
Banned
you deserve an apology for what was unintentional

I am sure it won't happen again

You wrote the above to mystic chrysostom.

Can we have some clarification about where the mystic position leads?

If

it was an act of mercy for God to keep Adam and Eve from the Tree is Life

Then

were all the religious wars an act of mercy?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

If

Then

I thought you were talking about wordsponge
I will leave this to you and the mystic

Word based mystic

This is kind of a long thread about what you think. But not one scripture citation. So we just have to take your word for it. (Maybe I should start a power washer myself?)

i already quoted the scripture i was referring to in earlier posts dialm

you were the one asking for dialogue and clarification.

if I need to copy my prior comments and scriptures for you to keep up I will.

What has pressure washing have to do with anything dialm?

you are asking questions without any clarification of why you ask or your thoughts on what is wrong with.

a little subterfuge? or do you prevaricate?

Please answer what in the world you are talking about or what you have a problem with the dialogue about.

Word based mystic

If

Then

his comment was my response to using my name.

I was just kidding and joking a bit how he used my name.
it had nothing to do with the thread.

will you please answer questions dialm.

Word based mystic

I couldn't or wouldn't make that statement

it does not add to my understanding of mercy

it is really confusing

sorry

I will give you a paragraph

In genesis 3:22 God did not want adam to partake of the tree of eternal life after He had just sinned/spiritually died. God wanted Christ to be offered as a sin sacrifice (before) man had the chance to partake of eternal life. God did not want man to eat and gain immortality before His sin was washed away by Christs sacrifice.
If adam was to take and eat in his sinful state He would be living eternally in sin and misery. So it was a mercy to prevent adam to eat of the tree in that state.

Word based mystic

If

Then

religious wars had nothing to do with the subject.
why do you ask?
mens wars are mens wars. whether they call it religious or not.
be more specific by posting the context or scripture.

Why does my commercial job have to do with this thread??
And since you comment on my restoration work, What is your work??

Please actually answer peoples questions.

Zeke

dialm

the scripture is self explanatory.

God saw adam in a state of decay and sin...
God did not want adam to partake of eternal life in His present state.
God did not want man to partake of eternal life, ((Before)) the sacrifice of Jesus was made.

God did not want man to live eternally in that state of sin and decay..
or may i better define it as
God did not want man to have immortality before Christs offering.
That shows the (mercy) of the Fathers heart. For if man was given immortality before sin was dealt with in man that would be a true mess. immortality and eternal life in men living in sin and misery.
so even within his judgement of spiritual death in the garden God planned for the Word to be the sacrifice for sin so man could have eternal life/immortality without being in a state of sin and misery. that is mercy within His judgement maintaining His Fatherly love for His created children.

so
is there still a problem

and no I hadn't been following the thread closely. I had some commercial jobs come up..

Now what do you perceive is the problem.
we are still dealing with mercy.

I would beg to differ, the eternal state wasn't in the past, present or future, time is it's play thing to experience all phases of conscience states of being, those from lowest life forms to the highest degree of awareness, the Jesus concept didn't start that awareness, it has always been available.

The Christ being an eternal internal concept explaining the divine seed's journey from that state into a world of matter partaking in the lower animal conscience Galatians 4:24 to it's awakening to where it originated from Galatians 4:26 causing a change of mind, the temporal mortal for the immortal.

Word based mystic

Yes mystic. Your questions are going to be answered.

you ask questions but don't give context to the questions.

you ask questions but don't answer in detail what and why you ask.

never met someone online that wants to make a comment and ask a question but then never gives details or doesn't answer the questions asked him in return.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish or suggest?

Word based mystic

I would beg to differ, the eternal state wasn't in the past, present or future, time is it's play thing to experience all phases of conscience states of being, those from lowest life forms to the highest degree of awareness, the Jesus concept didn't start that awareness, it has always been available.

The Christ being an eternal internal concept explaining the divine seed's journey from that state into a world of matter partaking in the lower animal conscience Galatians 4:24 to it's awakening to where it originated from Galatians 4:26 causing a change of mind, the temporal mortal for the immortal.

I don't believe you use scripture as a foundation for your beliefs. So using scripture to make a point and then ignoring other scriptures that contradict your point of view is a bit confusing to those who want a foundation for discussion.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
you ask questions but don't give context to the questions.

you ask questions but don't answer in detail what and why you ask.

never met someone online that wants to make a comment and ask a question but then never gives details or doesn't answer the questions asked him in return.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish or suggest?

You are the one who said mercy is God keeping man from eternal life. I'm asking you to use some scripture to reinforce such a statement. I don't think you can do it. That is why you are using the stall tactic of saying I'm not being fair.

Just use some scripture to show that God is merciful the way you describe.

OCTOBER23

kindness or help given to people who are in a very bad or desperate situation

kind or forgiving treatment of someone who could be treated harshly

compassion or forbearance shown especially to an offender

compassionate treatment of those in distress

lenient or compassionate treatment

divine favor or compassion
----------------------------------------------
EXCEPT FOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH :p:p

dialm

BANNED
Banned
kindness or help given to people who are in a very bad or desperate situation

kind or forgiving treatment of someone who could be treated harshly

compassion or forbearance shown especially to an offender

compassionate treatment of those in distress

lenient or compassionate treatment

divine favor or compassion
----------------------------------------------
EXCEPT FOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH :p:p

Very thoughtful 10-23.

May I ask why the exception there at the end?

Word based mystic

You are the one who said mercy is God keeping man from eternal life. I'm asking you to use some scripture to reinforce such a statement. I don't think you can do it. That is why you are using the stall tactic of saying I'm not being fair.

Just use some scripture to show that God is merciful the way you describe.

i said

God was keeping man from reaching the tree of life and God did not want man to eat in that sinful state.

I NEVER said God did not want man to have eternal life. only said that God did not want man to have eternal life in a sinful state.
Which the cleansing of sin would come through Christ.

You are not reading the posts fully.

genesis 3:22 Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and (take) also from the tree of life, and (eat), and (live forever).

God was merciful stopping man from having eternal life in that state of sin.