mercy

Word based mystic

also
psalms 145:9
The LORD is good to all,
And His mercies are over all His works.

isv psalm 145:9 The LORD is good to everyone and his mercies extend to everything he does.

psalms 145:17
The LORD is righteous in all His ways
And kind in all His deeds.

psalms 145:13
God is faithful about everything he says and merciful in everything he does.

even in His judgements He is merciful

dialm

BANNED
Banned
i said

God was keeping man from reaching the tree of life and God did not want man to eat in that sinful state.

I NEVER said God did not want man to have eternal life. only said that God did not want man to have eternal life in a sinful state.
Which the cleansing of sin would come through Christ.

You are not reading the posts fully.

genesis 3:22 Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and (take) also from the tree of life, and (eat), and (live forever).

God was merciful stopping man from having eternal life in that state of sin.

Your posts are being read fully. And you just repeated your position. The verses you have given are going to be addressed. But here is the bottom line, (and you are not going to get around it),

Religious Propaganda

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The ONLY ones who will/have been shown mercy are those who have
placed their faith in Christ alone, have been sealed/indwelt by the Holy
Spirit, and baptized (not by water) into the Body of Christ, by the Holy
Spirit! The rest will stand before God, and be judged according to their
"Works!"

OCTOBER23

DIALM,

RE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH :

BECAUSE THEY PRACTICE INIQUITY, IDOLOTRY, DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD,

PAGAN RITUALS AND PRACTICES TO DISCIEVE THE MASSES.

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them,

I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
10-23,

You might be to hard on catholic church. Take this thread as an example.

mystic say that when God deprived Adam and Eve access to the Tree of Life, God was being merciful.

Now think about that for one moment 10-23.

If someone is denied food what do you think is going to happen?

The answer is easy. Deprived of food long enough the victim will die.

In other words the death of Adam and Eve according to the mystic position was a mercy killing.

And in this very thread we have chrysostom telling mystic how sorry he is for the way that the mystic is being treated in this thread.

10-23, you are mad at the Catholics for all the wrong reasons. Ignorance is the affliction that the Catholics suffer from.

chrysostom should wake up and smell the coffee. Abortions are mercy killings according to the abortionists.

The mystic does not know what he is saying.

Word based mystic

10-23,

mystic say that when God deprived Adam and Eve access to the Tree of Life, God was being merciful.

In other words the death of Adam and Eve according to the mystic position was a mercy killing.

And in this very thread we have chrysostom telling mystic how sorry he is for the way that the mystic is being treated in this thread.

10-23, you are mad at the Catholics for all the wrong reasons. Ignorance is the affliction that the Catholics suffer from.

chrysostom should wake up and smell the coffee. Abortions are mercy killings according to the abortionists.

so you do disagree that
psalms 145:9
The LORD is good to all,
And His mercies are over all His works.

isv psalm 145:9 The LORD is good to everyone and his mercies (((extend to everything he does.)))

psalms 145:17
The LORD is righteous in all His ways
And kind in all His deeds.

psalms 145:13
God is faithful about everything he says and merciful in everything he does.

even in His judgements He is merciful

adam lived for 930 years How is that a mercy killing.

he lived a full life.

He died spiritually when sin crept in.

God (did not want man to live eternally) in a state of sin and misery

so maybe you can tell us (why) God prevented him from eating the tree of eternal life while he was in a sinful state.

maybe to wait for Christs sin washing work on the cross?

let's have some of your view? instead of just criticizing without explanation or context.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

I drink the coffee
and
still don't know what you are talking about

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The individual and collective.......

The individual and collective.......

DIALM,

RE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH :

BECAUSE THEY PRACTICE INIQUITY, IDOLOTRY, DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD,

PAGAN RITUALS AND PRACTICES TO DISCIEVE THE MASSES.

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them,

I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I think you can thank the RCC and the papacy for a good measure of your own 'Protestant doctrines',....so I wouldn't bite the tree that a lot of your own acorns fell down from :) - as far as 'paganism' goes,...well how wonderful of you to recognize that pagans (and those adepts versed in the 'ancient wisdom' teachings) had insight and knowledge of universal principles, the laws of nature and Spirit, before any organized religions either recognized the same or adopted them from these sources as wisdom proposed.

Consider that much of humanity subscribes to one religious 'program' or another, and could just as well change 'channels' at a whim or with further research or revelation, unless they are 'satisfied' with what that 'program' is doing for them, and a given community or the world at large. In this case, the RCC holds a major influence on many levels, social, religious and political, and even with some 'trappings' or 'potential evil' in such organizations (as exists within human nature in general)....still....the "heart of the king is in the hand of the Lord" (or something similar. It still holds that the belief prevails that 'God's ultimate will and provision....prevails in the end so all is working towards the ultimate good anyways'). So,...even 'evil' serves 'God', as all arises within the providence of the infinite.

So you have a lot more involved here than the usual knee-jerk reactions of an anti-Catholic sentiment,...since it might behoove you to discover,..there is more good in some religious organizations that you might have thought, with forces of both 'good' and 'evil' operating within such a network. A larger religious entity, can compared to the complexity of potentials and possibilities within an individual entity,....the microcosm reflecting the macrocosm, and so the metaphor of a 'body' is applied to a large community of individuals (or individual parts).

Note: my former commentaries on page 7 on Jesus saying "go and learn what this means",...is the most important point in this thread....if you want to understand and express the mercy of God....and thereby know Him.

pj

Zeke

I think you can thank the RCC and the papacy for a good measure of your own 'Protestant doctrines',....so I wouldn't bite the tree that a lot of your own acorns fell down from :) - as far as 'paganism' goes,...well how wonderful of you to recognize that pagans (and those adepts versed in the 'ancient wisdom' teachings) had insight and knowledge of universal principles, the laws of nature and Spirit, before any organized religions either recognized the same or adopted them from these sources as wisdom proposed.

Consider that much of humanity subscribes to one religious 'program' or another, and could just as well change 'channels' at a whim or with further research or revelation, unless they are 'satisfied' with what that 'program' is doing for them, and a given community or the world at large. In this case, the RCC holds a major influence on many levels, social, religious and political, and even with some 'trappings' or 'potential evil' in such organizations (as exists within human nature in general)....still....the "heart of the king is in the hand of the Lord" (or something similar. It still holds that the belief prevails that 'God's ultimate will and provision....prevails in the end so all is working towards the ultimate good anyways'). So,...even 'evil' serves 'God', as all arises within the providence of the infinite.

So you have a lot more involved here than the usual knee-jerk reactions of an anti-Catholic sentiment,...since it might behoove you to discover,..there is more good in some religious organizations that you might have thought, with forces of both 'good' and 'evil' operating within such a network. A larger religious entity, can compared to the complexity of potentials and possibilities within an individual entity,....the microcosm reflecting the macrocosm, and so the metaphor of a 'body' is applied to a large community of individuals (or individual parts).

Note: my former commentaries on page 7 on Jesus saying "go and learn what this means",...is the most important point in this thread....if you want to understand and express the mercy of God....and thereby know Him.

pj

So true, yet the doctrine for lets say the lower class was the literal version cooked in Rome, a gullible stew sold on the fear market of those is power, yet those in the know followed the Esoteric interpretation of those they had killed, and their libraries burnt to the ground to hide to true meaning of scripture.

The reformation was still within the literal boundaries so they were still anchored in the Roman harbor even though they thought they had escaped on the high seas, their captain was still loyal to the Mother land behind the scenes.

The Gnostic sway during the first three centuries had to be silenced and silenced they did with force and guile, with blood being their currency of choice, and denial a bed fellow that put to sleep billions buying into the dogma.

OCTOBER23

Protestants are just a daughter of the Catholic Church

because they Keep Sunday and Christmas and Easter which God hates.

Christians are supposed to keep PASSOVER which JESUS says to keep.

------------------------------------------------
Revelation 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
Revelation 2:15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
----------------------------------------------

Jeremiah 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree

out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
God looks at the heart............

God looks at the heart............

So true, yet the doctrine for lets say the lower class was the literal version cooked in Rome, a gullible stew sold on the fear market of those is power, yet those in the know followed the Esoteric interpretation of those they had killed, and their libraries burnt to the ground to hide to true meaning of scripture.

The reformation was still within the literal boundaries so they were still anchored in the Roman harbor even though they thought they had escaped on the high seas, their captain was still loyal to the Mother land behind the scenes.

The Gnostic sway during the first three centuries had to be silenced and silenced they did with force and guile, with blood being their currency of choice, and denial a bed fellow that put to sleep billions buying into the dogma.

The true gnostic of heart and soul in the divine knowledge and universal wisdom ever holds to the fundamental truths and principles, the laws of nature and spirit. While religious organizations hold their power-structures,...it is the challenge of their leaders and members to allow the inner teachings and esoteric truth of scripture and religious concepts to inspire, illuminate and empower the people.

Again,...will the 'religious' folks here give heed to Jesus word? Will they go and learn what this means? "I desire mercy and not sacrifice,...the knowledge of God over burnt offerings'. God is looking at the heart, soul and will,.....seeking truth in the inward parts. This transcends the mechanics of religion and goes to the heart.

pj

dialm

BANNED
Banned
I drink the coffee
and
still don't know what you are talking about

You don't know what I'm talking about?

Ok. I will take you at your word.

You have titled this thread 'mercy'. Show me the money. You got to show me the catholic mercy before you get any coffee. Your credit is no good. Show me the money.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I heard a priest say this much better than I can

at the end of my life
I will not be looking for justice or approval
I will be looking for mercy

God's Truth

10-23,

Can you imagine how evil people would be if they could not die physically?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
law of compensation............

law of compensation............

Can you imagine how evil people would be if they could not die physically?

I don't know if physical death necessarily detours any soul from sinning, not quite following your logic here. Whether one dies physically or continues on in some soul-spirit form,...the law of karma still holds, since all actions have consequences (cause/effect). One is ever reaping what he sows,...this law (karma; or the 'law of compensation') is universal, as long there is 'action' of any kind. Its a law of nature....at least in any realm of 'conditional existence'.

pj

God's Truth

I don't know if physical death necessarily detours any soul from sinning, not quite following your logic here. Whether one dies physically or continues on in some soul-spirit form,...the law of karma still holds, since all actions have consequences (cause/effect). One is ever reaping what he sows,...this law (karma; or the 'law of compensation') is universal, as long there is 'action' of any kind. Its a law of nature....at least in any realm of 'conditional existence'.

pj

Think of an evil person. Now think of that person living forever. Think of all the evil people that ever lived still here and more evil people being born every day and living forever. Imagine a world like that.

Don't you think that death is humbling? Don't you think death can detour some people from being evil?

As for karma, it is not biblical. When the Bible speaks of reaping what we sow it is about the life hereafter. Good things happen to bad people, and bad things happen to good people; not everyone deserves what they get in this life.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The law of compensation......

The law of compensation......

Think of an evil person. Now think of that person living forever. Think of all the evil people that ever lived still here and more evil people being born every day and living forever. Imagine a world like that.

Hi GT,....while one may entertain the thought of evil people living forever, we must take into account the potential and possibility of souls 'repenting' of their evil ways. - unless you're assuming that these evil people are somehow eternally bound to be 'evil' in nature and conduct. All souls still have the 'light', 'image', 'likeness', 'essence' of 'God' within them, since their very 'being' is sustained by 'God', since nothing can 'be' or 'live' outside of God the Infinite, who is also omnipresent. So, you have these 'factors' to consider or resolve, before assuming that a world CAN exist that is wholly evil, where 'evil' people exist and cannot ever repent or change. Assuming that people can be 'evil' forever, also rejects the concept of spiritual evolution and eternal progression of souls. It basically defeats the purpose of life.

Don't you think that death is humbling? Don't you think death can detour some people from being evil?

I don't see physical death as humbling evil people, except that unless they have a belief in the afterlife, it might mean life/consciousness just ends with the material body disintegrating. From a spiritualist perspective,...since there is really no death (all spirit-souls continue on in consciousness after the physical body dies)...souls continue on in their journey in the astral and spirit-realms....so that their 'karma'(actions) and their consequences ever follow after them, and must be atoned for. Such is the law of responsibility. This is a universal law (we can also call it the 'law of compensation'; 'law of retribution', etc.) It holds as long as any soul is alive/conscious and can act in any way, since all action has corresponding re-actions (consequences/effects).

As for karma, it is not biblical.

See the above. The law of action and consequences (cause/effect, sowing/reaping) underlies all movements, whether you don't see any immediate effects from actions, since some effects do not manifest until other factors of 'time' and 'circumstance' allow for their appearing, but all actions must bear their fruit at some point in time. Remember, 'karma' means 'action'. The principle is found in the Bible, other religious/philosophical writings from antiquity, because this is a law of nature that is self-evident, rational and logical to human experience. A better understanding of 'karma' is essential here, with proper research, instead of a dismissal of it by presumption or ignorance.

When the Bible speaks of reaping what we sow it is about the life hereafter.

This is not true, but assumed,...since the scriptures teach that all actions have consequences for good or bad, and souls reap the harvest of what they sow,.....'measure for measure'...in this life and in the next, whenever the fruit of such actions are ready to be born. Remember,...souls continue to reap what they sow, in this life, and in all lives, in all realms where there is activity of any kind. As long as the conditioning of 'mind' (choice, free will) exists and where actions can be performed,....there is 'karma'.

Good things happen to bad people, and bad things happen to good people; not everyone deserves what they get in this life.

Sure, so it seems, as we all take on some of the negative karmic influences or effects that disperse in the world (that seem to be not our 'responsibility'), among our various relationships, and in this 'network' cannot help sometimes to suffer as a result of such 'inter-actions' with other and situations we find ourselves in. However how can we not know that some of the things we experience where not a result of actions in our past life-experiences, that we are 'meeting' us to be dealt with? There may not be effects of some actions until many years or life-times later.

As far as people not getting what they deserve in life, that can seem to work both towards good and evil results, but I believe there is ultimately justice rendered in the universe although we may not see it come to pass in a certain or prolonged period of time, until all things are 'compensated' for in the time that is ripe for such actions to be reconciled. Karma holds for us a more rational view of the soul's eternal progress thru 'experience' and 'learning' via 'evolution', than just a pat n dry concept of going to either 'heaven' or 'hell' when you die, ONLY getting the reward for your deeds AFTER you die,...this is non-sensical since karma is a law ever at work, as long as you are living and doing anything. Only if you were to wholly DIE, become 'nothing', disintegrate as a conscious entity, dissolve your soul-essence into oblivion, no long 'be',.....would there exist no more karma for you, since there being no activity there is no more effect or consequence for anything, there is just NOTHING. - follow?

Anyways,...this may be a concept needing further research if interested. A narrow view of what is 'biblical' does not always see the bigger picture from both a cosmic and individual perspective, but no matter,....as long as you can ACT....there are laws that govern the outcomes, effects and consequences of such actions. If you deny such, you deny reason and logic.

See: Karma: the law of order and opportunity

pj

God's Truth

Hi GT,....while one may entertain the thought of evil people living forever, we must take into account the potential and possibility of souls 'repenting' of their evil ways. - unless you're assuming that these evil people are somehow eternally bound to be 'evil' in nature and conduct. All souls still have the 'light', 'image', 'likeness', 'essence' of 'God' within them, since their very 'being' is sustained by 'God', since nothing can 'be' or 'live' outside of God the Infinite, who is also omnipresent. So, you have these 'factors' to consider or resolve, before assuming that a world CAN exist that is wholly evil, where 'evil' people exist and cannot ever repent or change. Assuming that people can be 'evil' forever, also rejects the concept of spiritual evolution and eternal progression of souls. It basically defeats the purpose of life.

I don't see physical death as humbling evil people, except that unless they have a belief in the afterlife, it might mean life/consciousness just ends with the material body disintegrating. From a spiritualist perspective,...since there is really no death (all spirit-souls continue on in consciousness after the physical body dies)...souls continue on in their journey in the astral and spirit-realms....so that their 'karma'(actions) and their consequences ever follow after them, and must be atoned for. Such is the law of responsibility. This is a universal law (we can also call it the 'law of compensation'; 'law of retribution', etc.) It holds as long as any soul is alive/conscious and can act in any way, since all action has corresponding re-actions (consequences/effects).

See the above. The law of action and consequences (cause/effect, sowing/reaping) underlies all movements, whether you don't see any immediate effects from actions, since some effects do not manifest until other factors of 'time' and 'circumstance' allow for their appearing, but all actions must bear their fruit at some point in time. Remember, 'karma' means 'action'. The principle is found in the Bible, other religious/philosophical writings from antiquity, because this is a law of nature that is self-evident, rational and logical to human experience. A better understanding of 'karma' is essential here, with proper research, instead of a dismissal of it by presumption or ignorance.

This is not true, but assumed,...since the scriptures teach that all actions have consequences for good or bad, and souls reap the harvest of what they sow,.....'measure for measure'...in this life and in the next, whenever the fruit of such actions are ready to be born. Remember,...souls continue to reap what they sow, in this life, and in all lives, in all realms where there is activity of any kind. As long as the conditioning of 'mind' (choice, free will) exists and where actions can be performed,....there is 'karma'.

Sure, so it seems, as we all take on some of the negative karmic influences or effects that disperse in the world (that seem to be not our 'responsibility'), among our various relationships, and in this 'network' cannot help sometimes to suffer as a result of such 'inter-actions' with other and situations we find ourselves in. However how can we not know that some of the things we experience where not a result of actions in our past life-experiences, that we are 'meeting' us to be dealt with? There may not be effects of some actions until many years or life-times later.

As far as people not getting what they deserve in life, that can seem to work both towards good and evil results, but I believe there is ultimately justice rendered in the universe although we may not see it come to pass in a certain or prolonged period of time, until all things are 'compensated' for in the time that is ripe for such actions to be reconciled. Karma holds for us a more rational view of the soul's eternal progress thru 'experience' and 'learning' via 'evolution', than just a pat n dry concept of going to either 'heaven' or 'hell' when you die, ONLY getting the reward for your deeds AFTER you die,...this is non-sensical since karma is a law ever at work, as long as you are living and doing anything. Only if you were to wholly DIE, become 'nothing', disintegrate as a conscious entity, dissolve your soul-essence into oblivion, no long 'be',.....would there exist no more karma for you, since there being no activity there is no more effect or consequence for anything, there is just NOTHING. - follow?

Anyways,...this may be a concept needing further research if interested. A narrow view of what is 'biblical' does not always see the bigger picture from both a cosmic and individual perspective, but no matter,....as long as you can ACT....there are laws that govern the outcomes, effects and consequences of such actions. If you deny such, you deny reason and logic.

See: Karma: the law of order and opportunity

pj

I do not entertain thoughts about what other religions believe.