mercy

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2 Peter 3:16
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

So.:idunno: You don't interpret him correctly. Why don't you have mercy on others?

oatmeal

mercy

262 times in the bible

how does this word fit into your theology?

how do you use this word?

God's mercy is His withholding just consequences as the result of our errors.

God is not mercy, God is love, God is light, God is righteous, God is just, but God is not mercy, however He is rich in mercy.

If God was mercy, there would be no justice, no need for Christ to have died and risen again for then God would never hold any sin against anyone at any time.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
how you say?
it means just what it says

Except if Paul is saying it, right? Then we need a pope to tell us what it means.

this is why Jesus left us with a pope in charge
we can't even communicate
the pope can help us
if
he does nothing more than nail down the meaning of words

TOL has gotten extremely sloppy the last few years. It is like shooting fish in a barrel. You, IMJ and her hat eating, Nag, crossreference, tet....

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Except if Paul is saying it, right? Then we need a pope to tell us what it means.

TOL has gotten extremely sloppy the last few years. It is like shooting fish in a barrel. You, IMJ and her hat eating, Nag, crossreference, tet....

Drinking bourbon and smoking cigars causes cancer. Surgery, (like seeing red) is no cure. You must refrain from cigars and bourbon. I'm not Catholic but it is common belief that the Pope doesn't "smok'im all".

Truster

the mercy you describe is

He creates sinners that He does not give the chance or opportunity to believe and receive salvation so they get to go to hell and be tormented for the way He created them.

yeah I guess that is one way of describing mercy

You have, in the imagination of your mind, created a wimp and puny creator that is subject to your whims, laws and desires. He is not allowed to be Holy, Just or to Judge, but must stoop and become subservient instead of Sovereign.

You are welcome to him, whoever he is.....not.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
2 Peter 3:16
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

yes. he is talking about folks that don't understand, are unstable and don't learn from Paul's epistles, good point - :patrol:

View attachment 19459

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Prove it. That doesn't mean somebody saying what you are saying. I want proof, not more claims of the same thing.

Is there a religious question in my future?

You told chrysostom that you are crucified with Christ. Let's see some proof of dat, (and don't bring up spelling).

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought you were going to show the mechanism by which whiskey causes cell structure damage and the cells can not pass LDL ("bad" cholesterol") to take in nutrition. Please show the mechanism. I don't care if you copy and paste, just get it done.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
I thought you were going to show the mechanism by which whiskey causes cell structure damage and the cells can not pass LDL ("bad" cholesterol") to take in nutrition. Please show the mechanism. I don't care if you copy and paste, just get it done.

Sure I will do that. Oops, there is cigar smoke in my eyes.....