Mass shooting in Orlando, Florida USA 20 dead

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A Christian who rejoices in death and suffering, and makes accusations about victims he doesn't even know. And here I thought that only happened on TOL.

It may escape your little mind, but Mexico, Panama, and virtually everything else south of the border do not do well with things like homosexuality. They are very religious countries, and would all be saying the same if it happened down there.

Therefore, do not be surprised to see a Latino pastor say it :rolleyes:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
No, there are nuts everywhere. In my little church our pastor, who is a very interesting, Baylor educated (which among other things means he can distinguish between a pedophile, a homosexual, and Shinola) former Baptist minister, spoke of the pain and sorrow unleashed by a man who must have been in a good deal of pain himself. Then we prayed for the comfort of those in need of it and for our nation.

But remember awhile back when I said TOL was a microcosm and people said no, no, that's just TOL, Christians out there in the real world aren't like that...

Yes, they really can be just like TOL. Who calls himself a Baptist pastor and then says it's "great" that 49 people were murdered, while accusing them all of being pedophiles?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
This government thinks it can go over there and do things like meddle in very complex religious and political issues and there not be any consequences. They like to instigate and encourage violence over there and think it cannot follow them back here. But they sit in their Obamabunkers safe while everyone else gets to pay the price for this foolishness. And what is the government’s answer going to be for this? Right. More violence over there. We kill them, they kill us, we kill more of them to retaliate, they kill us in revenge for that, then we kill more of them to show them killing is wrong, and this cycle goes on and on without end.

The other answer the government will have is taking away what little freedom we have left in order to defend freedom. Here’s a thought. How about pulling out of the Middle East and letting that region decide their own destiny for a change? Oh, right, that’s giving in to terrorism. Yeah, well, the people that say that are not the ones dying because of that stubborn dogma the government clings to. The people that die because of these “foreign policy” decisions are the people that had nothing to do with making them. That’s why the government continues doing this. Because if it was their butts on the line, they’d have pulled out of the Middle East decades ago.

Excellent post.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Baptist pastor on Orlando attack: ‘Are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?’
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A few hours after 49 people were gunned down at a gay club in Orlando, Fla., Pastor Roger Jimenez delivered his sermon from his Sacramento pulpit.

"Hey, are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today? No ... I think that's great. I think that helps society. I think Orlando, Florida's a little safer tonight," he said to the crowd of believers in front of him.

A Christian who rejoices in death and suffering, and makes accusations about victims he doesn't even know. And here I thought that only happened on TOL.

There's a lot of frustration out there amongst Christians and others towards the LGBTQueer movement which amongst other things indoctrinates innocent children into believing that homosexuality is a valid behavior. When it comes to pedophilia: If you would like to talk about little boys 13 years old (and sometimes younger) being infected with HIV (and it wasn't through blood transfusions), then I'll gladly do so.

CDC-HIV-MSM-94-95-Percent-Slide.png

I notice that you're avoiding the fact that a homosexual murdered 49 fellow homosexuals and injured 50+ more.

'Omar Mateen was gay': Orlando terrorist pursued a relationship with male classmate, was a regular at gay bars including Pulse for the past decade, and used hookup apps like Grindr to meet men
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ized!-Part-4&p=4731930&viewfull=1#post4731930

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Here's more from that Sacramento "Christian" pastor:

Jimenez says that despite how many hateful messages are made public, he's privately received messages of support from Baptists and other Christians that thank him for "finally" speaking out.

The video that caused the initial controversy from the Verity Baptist Church's YouTube page has since been removed by YouTube as a violation of the site's policy against hate speech.

The pastor claims he's not trying to incite hate, or advocating for arming up and killing gay people, despite saying in the Sunday sermon hours after the Orlando massacre, "If we lived in a righteous government, they should round them all up and put them up against a firing wall, and blow their brains out."

Instead, he says the deaths shouldn't be mourned because if the victims were gay, then the Bible calls them sinners, and they deserved to die.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here’s a thought. How about pulling out of the Middle East and letting that region decide their own destiny for a change? Oh, right, that’s giving in to terrorism. Yeah, well, the people that say that are not the ones dying because of that stubborn dogma the government clings to. The people that die because of these “foreign policy” decisions are the people that had nothing to do with making them. That’s why the government continues doing this. Because if it was their butts on the line, they’d have pulled out of the Middle East decades ago.

So you Libertarians actually believe that a homosexual of Middle Eastern descent murdered 49 other homosexuals and injured 50+ more in Orlando FL because of US intervention in the Middle East?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Christian pastor:

Baptist Pastor Roger Jimenez: "If we lived in a righteous government, they should round them all up and put them up against a firing wall, and blow their brains out."

Instead, he says the deaths shouldn't be mourned because if the victims were gay, then the Bible calls them sinners, and they deserved to die.

Muslim Imam:

"Death is the sentence. We know. There's nothing to be embarrassed about this. Death is the sentence. Out of compassion, let's get rid of them now."

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
But remember awhile back when I said TOL was a microcosm and people said no, no, that's just TOL, Christians out there in the real world aren't like that...
I remember. But TOL still isn't a microcosm of anything other than forum life. I know the demographics here aren't remotely in line with the nation, from gender to education. TOL is by its nature, forums are by their nature, a draw for, among other sorts, people with more extreme and militant agendas.

Yes, they really can be just like TOL.
Of course I agree with that. People who are crazy and hateful here come from other places. There are all sorts of angry people in the world. But just as we can't paint Islam by the larger actions of angry, violent individuals we can't taint Christendom because there are less actively violent and angry individuals that lay claim to the title.
Who calls himself a Baptist pastor and then says it's "great" that 49 people were murdered, while accusing them all of being pedophiles?
I can do better than that. Look at the history of the Klan.

Christendom will survive them all because Christ will always out last and overcome the hatred of those who attempt to use his suffering to make more.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I remember. But TOL still isn't a microcosm of anything other than forum life. I know the demographics here aren't remotely in line with the nation, from gender to education. TOL is by its nature, forums are by their nature, a draw for, among other sorts, people with more extreme and militant agendas.

Of course I agree with that. People who are crazy and hateful here come from other places. There are all sorts of angry people in the world. But just as we can't paint Islam by the larger actions of angry, violent individuals we can't taint Christendom because there are less actively violent and angry individuals that lay claim to the title.

I can do better than that. Look at the history of the Klan.

Christendom will survive them all because Christ will always out last and overcome the hatred of those who attempt to use his suffering to make more.

I'll try to keep that in mind. Right now I'm pretty skeptical.

Selaphiel

Yes, they really can be just like TOL. Who calls himself a Baptist pastor and then says it's "great" that 49 people were murdered, while accusing them all of being pedophiles?

There are of course nutjobs all over the place. However, I do believe that the number of them tends to get overestimated. They are overestimated because they are vocal minorities, they are always vocal about their opinions while the vast majority of 'normal' people are usually silent. There is a similar phenomenon, namely people who write in comment fields in newspapers and such. Here it is basically relatively few people who actually make up a vast body of right wing extremist hateful expressions in those comment fields.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
There are of course nutjobs all over the place. However, I do believe that the number of them tends to get overestimated. They are overestimated because they are vocal minorities, they are always vocal about their opinions while the vast majority of 'normal' people are usually silent.

I understand what you're saying, but again, that pastor received support for his words, emails from people thanking him for "finally" speaking out. Maybe a minority of loud voices, but I suspect they speak for many who agree but don't want to say it out loud.

There is a similar phenomenon, namely people who write in comment fields in newspapers and such. Here it is basically relatively few people who actually make up a vast body of right wing extremist hateful expressions in those comment fields.

The stuff said in comment boxes reminds me of a pack of hyenas tearing apart their prey. Vicious. Really no other word for it. Every culture is capable of it. Some cultures the current of violence just rides under the surface more than others.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I understand what you're saying, but again, that pastor received support for his words, emails from people thanking him for "finally" speaking out. Maybe a minority of loud voices, but I suspect they speak for many who agree but don't want to say it out loud.
It only takes a fraction of a percent to comprise "many" when there are enough numbers. The only real minority we should concern ourselves with in terms of motivation we'll find in a mirror. The rest is guesswork...lastly, experience tells me that suspecting the worst is the surest way to find it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you Libertarians actually believe that a homosexual of Middle Eastern descent murdered 49 other homosexuals and injured 50+ more in Orlando FL because of US intervention in the Middle East?

Obama withdrew. Remember? Since our intervention was the alleged cause of conflict. But of course, this is not the case. Barrack Hussein Obama, and Mrs Bill Clinton's policies led directly to San Bernadino, Orlando, and Benghazi. As well as the creation of the self titled Islamic States.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Obama withdrew. Remember? Since our intervention was the alleged cause of conflict. But of course, this is not the case. Barrack Hussein Obama, and Mrs Bill Clinton's policies led directly to San Bernadino, Orlando, and Benghazi. As well as the creation of the self titled Islamic States.

Go back earlier in the timeline to Ronald Reagan.

Reagan/Casey/Afghanistan
Bush 41/Bush43/Iraq

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
AB the female idiot. Make yourself familiar with the Northern Alliance and a man named Massoud. And quit with the red herrings. A Muslim did it for jihad. He was allowed to do it and was strengthened by Obama withdrawing from the fight.