Madists

God's Truth

So now you are perverting your own words, I guess to stay in practice for perverting the Scriptures.

Here are your EXACT words and as anyone can see you make no mention of obeying for salvation at all:

You are the one who perverts.

You even took out some of what I said. JUST LIKE what you do to the scriptures!

That is what I just said---I said you preach against obeying to be saved. Stop being confusing by saying you do not preach that and then you say you preach that!

YOU. go. against. obeying. Jesus. to. be. saved.

God's Truth

Learn to read more carefully, JS.

And learn how to use the quote feature.

This is what I said and what I said IS ABOUT GETTING SAVED.

Catholics do right by saying we have to obey, but then they do not obey.

Madists do wrong by saying we do not have to obey.

Whether or not they end up obeying is not the point. The point is if you preach against obeying Jesus and hinder those who want to be saved.

Catholics hinder people who want to be saved, and so do Madists.

Jesus tells us how to get saved.

He tells us how to prepare our hearts.

He tells us to humble ourselves, to have a forgiving heart, to repent of our sins, and to call on him for help.

Jerry Shugart

AGAIN, the righteousness the Jews wanted to keep doing are the purification works.

You have no proof that is true. at tye same time you just IGNORE the words of Paul which speaks of people receiving the righteousness which is og God "by faith."

It is NOT wrong in any way to obey Jesus!

No, we are to obey after we are saved. As i said, the Lord makes it plain that His words are Spirit and they are life. According to you the words bring life to no one unless they believe first and then obey.

In order to be saved you need to believe the "gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24) and you make it plain that you do not understand the "grace" of God by which a person is saved.To you the "gift" of eternal life is something which we must "earn" by works.

God's Truth

not talking about Jesus but His anointing as Christ...you do realize that is not His last name yes?

It's not His real first name either...but Christians have much to unlearn...obviously

Ok so for what purpose is He anointed? To SAVE...ok so what purpose is there to SAVE if there was NO FALL?

You do realize the office was not needed until it was...but guess what!! Sabbath was established before the fall...to rest from the purpose to which we were originally created...to work and learn

And of course since the fall the grace and sacrement of SABBATH is even more obvious...having to work to eat from the sweat of our brow the cursed soil...are you kidding? TGIF is for a real reason...even pagans celebrate...

ok but again there was reconciliation even before the fall...man worked the garden and God would come to see "what's up?"

The origin of your thought...Yahushua sinned...this is not of Holy Spirit origination I assure you...

Go back and read the edit...

I don't say what you say. Why don't you care more about the truth.

Jesus CAME from heaven.

God knew we were going to sin even before He made ANYTHING.

God's Truth

You have no proof that is true.

It is in the Bible! It is the righteous works the people used to have to do to clean themselves just so they could go to the temple to worship God, for that is where His Spirit was.

at tye same time you just IGNORE the words of Paul which speaks of people receiving the righteousness which is og God "by faith."

Right! The Jews wanted to keep cleaning themselves by doing the old purification works, they did NOT believe that Jesus’ blood cleaned them by just believing his blood cleaned them.

No, we are to obey after we are saved. As i said, the Lord makes it plain that His words are Spirit and they are life. According to you the words bring life to no one unless they believe first and then obey.

Jesus says we have to believe and obey to get saved.
Jesus tells us how to enter.

In order to be saved you need to believe the "gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24) and you make it plain that you do not understand the "grace" of God by which a person is saved.To you the "gift" of eternal life is something which we must "earn" by works.

We do not have to do all the ceremonial/purification works, but we, AS ALWAYS, have to obey God. We just do not have to do the ceremonial works anymore to clean ourselves.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is noting "conditional" about what the Lord Jesus says here:

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out" (Jn.6:37).​

According to your mistaken view the Lord Jesus will indeed cast out some who come to Him, because He will cast out those who do not continue to follow Him:

Those with saving faith know that they will always follow the Lord, no matter what! If you do not know that you will always follow Him then your faith will not serve to save you.

You think Paul and others were wasting their breath in saying--

1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
1Co 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
1Co 10:5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
1Co 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
1Co 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
1Co 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
1Co 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
1Co 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
1Co 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

2Pe 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
2Pe 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Heb 3:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
Heb 3:11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

LA

Jerry Shugart

You think Paul and others were wasting their breath in saying--

None of those verses even hint that what I said is in error. You can quote the whole Bible and you will find nothing there that even hints what the Lord Jesus said here is in error:

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out"
(Jn.6:37).​

Jerry Shugart

We do not have to do all the ceremonial/purification works, but we, AS ALWAYS, have to obey God. We just do not have to do the ceremonial works anymore to clean ourselves.

Here Paul explains the principle of salvation by "grace," using Abraham (who did not live under the law) as an example:

"What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness"
(Ro.4:1-5).​

That completely blows your little theory that the passages in regard to "grace" are only speaking of the Jews' ceremonial works for cleansing. Abraham was never under the law and therefore the verses which speak of "grace" in connection to him have absolutely nothing at all to do with the Jews' ceremonial works for cleansing.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
None of those verses even hint that what I said is in error. You can quote the whole Bible and you will find nothing there that even hints what the Lord Jesus said here is in error:

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out"
(Jn.6:37).​

The verse says nothing about being drawn away or walking away from Christ which I have posted scriptures about in post 626

Stop reading into verses things which are not there.

LA

john w

Hall of Fame
You exalt Paul over everyone, to a fault!

[I]There is only ONE GOSPEL.[/I]
Paul says not to put one over another.
=there is only one gospel/piece of good news, in the bible, as satan taught me, and my brother Judas, per Luke 9:6 KJVC=saytanic....

You, in the OT, to the Israelites: You, "god," exalt Moses, over everyone, including you, to a fault!!!!!!!

You wicked viper...

clefty

I don't say what you say. Why don't you care more about the truth.

Jesus CAME from heaven.

God knew we were going to sin even before He made ANYTHING.

Right ok...and maybe that is exactly why He instituted the Sabbath from the beginning...before sin

And kept it Himself to model the image we were made into...to do AS He did from the beginning

clefty

It is in the Bible! It is the righteous works the people used to have to do to clean themselves just so they could go to the temple to worship God, for that is where His Spirit was.

Right! The Jews wanted to keep cleaning themselves by doing the old purification works, they did NOT believe that Jesus’ blood cleaned them by just believing his blood cleaned them.

Jesus says we have to believe and obey to get saved.
Jesus tells us how to enter.

Sabbath is 1 of the 10 not a ceremonial cleaning works...

You really think these works cleaned sin? LOL

like you can wash away a sin? You really do ascribe too much to them that is idolatry and what they thought...it was ALWAYS ONLY SYMBOLIC...testifying of doer's faith and obedience...not to wash sins literally away...can you have all the sins piled on a goat...do you tie them down with rope or put them in a bag? Some "uncleanliness" was "removed" by the sun going down...

As if circumcision actually saved and was not merely a symbol a sign...think how many were lost even though they were cut as infants

involuntarily I might add...so how does that save?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I can hardly believe you said you are not partakers of Christ by a covenant.

Paul is speaking to the Corinthian Gentiles. Paul says he is a minister of a NEW COVENANT!!!

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
It doesn't say "new covenant". Get a Bible. We know with whom that will be and it's future and not with us! Hebrews 8:8-12 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
Just another cringy dichotomy

Covenant vs Gospel

Faith vs Grace

I fail to see anything legitimate about Madism.
Gospel equals good news and the gospel by which we are made partakers is that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Our salvation is by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV. That's legit!

God's Truth

Here Paul explains the principle of salvation by "grace," using Abraham (who did not live under the law) as an example:
Are you kidding?!
Abraham is from where CIRUMCISION STARTED!
Circumcision is the seal of all the purification works that were later to come from God through Moses.
Paul is explaining that we are cleaned without circumcision now and not the purification works that the Jews had to do.

"What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" (Ro.4:1-5).

Again, circumcision started with Abraham. Circumcision is the seal of all the ceremonial/purification works that the Jews would not stop doing because they did not want to let go of what God had told them to do. They would not accept it that they did not have to clean themselves anymore and that entailed sacrificing animals for their blood; instead of their stop working at cleaning themselves by having faith that Jesus’ blood cleans them---they wanted to keep working at cleaning themselves. I am trying to help you to know the truth!
That completely blows your little theory that the passages in regard to "grace" are only speaking of the Jews' ceremonial works for cleansing. Abraham was never under the law and therefore the verses which speak of "grace" in connection to him have absolutely nothing at all to do with the Jews' ceremonial works for cleansing.

That scripture you quoted…the scripture you quoted that you think blows what I said out of the water---just read what the next few scriptures down say! It tells us not of---CIRCUMCISION!!! See Romans 4:9, 10, 11, and 12.