Madists

Jerry Shugart

Do you know what nullify means?

You are the perfect example of a person who nullifies the words of the Lord Jesus here because you deny what He says:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

You call yourself a believer but you prove over and over that you put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than you do in what the Scriptures actually say. You refuse to believe Paul's answer here as to how men aresaved:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).​

According to your ideas, belief in the gospel saves no one because no one is saved until they believe and then obey. You deny the power of the gospel even though it comes in much assurance and in the Holy Spirit and in power (1 Thess.1:5).

Worse than that, you deny the words of the Savior at John 5:24.

So don't be surprised if He denies you. It is those who "believe God" who are saved.

clefty

You are the perfect example of a person who nullifies the words of the Lord Jesus here because you deny what He says:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

You call yourself a believer but you prove over and over that you put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than you do in what the Scriptures actually say. You refuse to believe Paul's answer here as to how men aresaved:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).​

According to your ideas, belief in the gospel saves no one because no one is saved until they believe and then obey. You deny the power of the gospel even though it comes in much assurance and in the Holy Spirit and in power (1 Thess.1:5).

So don't be surprised if He denies you. It is those who "believe God" who are saved.

Satan hears the word and has done so longer than any of us put together...and he believes for about as long...

Does he cross over from death to life? Will he not be judged?

Jerry Shugart

Satan hears the word and has done so longer than any of us put together...and he believes for about as long...

Does he cross over from death to life? Will he not be judged?

The gospel is given to "men," not Satan.

All you are doing is trying to find an excuse to explain why you do not believe what the Lord Jesus said at John 5:24.

One day you will regret your imprudence.

clefty

The gospel is given to "men," not Satan.

All you are doing is trying to find an excuse to explain why you do not believe what the Lord Jesus said at John 5:24.

One day you will regret your imprudence.

Hmmm...just for men? How then pray tell is Satan judged? Another gospel?

...how about men who hear and believe...and still return to their own vomit...

Maybe there is more to what you are claiming as is hinted by not being condemned to die eternally...

We all remain judged...and many have already died...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I've come to realize that it's the people who call their selves 'Pauline' that ultimately don't understand Paul :rolleyes:

Paul was a bit more liberal with the people in the Gentile world because they either didn't know jack about Judaism or were heavily adulterated by Roman influence.
It would have been too much to burden them with works and so forth- it was a temporary thing to get the ball rolling.

After you establish Christianity throughout all the land and build a culture on it, you are then subjected to the apostles because the Gentile world has then become Abrahamic.

It's very simple- Darby, and those who followed, simply dismissed this key revelation of us all becoming seed of Abraham- instead they want to call it 'replacement theology' instead of what it truly is: The New Covenant

Not 'The Other Covenant', or 'Covenant: the Sequel'.
The New Covenant

Jerry Shugart

Maybe there is more to what you are claiming as is hinted by not being condemned to die eternally...

The Apostle John tells the Christian that they already possess eternal life (1 Jn.5:11) and here is what the Lord Jesus says about those to whom He has given eternal life:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (Jn.6:63).​

...how about men who hear and believe...and still return to their own vomit...

"For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them" (2 Pet.2:20-21).​

Those that deny the eternal security of Christians ask, "If this passage refers to people who have eternal security then how would it have been better for them NOT to have known the way of righteousness?"

Let us look at the following verse: "For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them" (2 Pet.2:21).

These people were obviously saved because they knew "the way of righteousness", which is by the law of the Spirit of life in Jesus Christ:

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death...That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" (Ro.8:2,4).​

They knew the "way of righteousness" was by denying "worldy lusts" and "ungodliness":

"Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world"
(Titus 2:12).​

However, after being saved and knowing the "way of righteousness" they turned away from the "holy commandment". The Greek word translated "commandment" means "of the whole body of moral precepts of Christianity 2 Pet. ii. 21" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

The words of Peter at 2 Peter 2:20-21 are speaking of some Christians who were born again and they are described as "those who are just escaping from those who live in error" (v.18) and as having escaped the pollutions of the world (v.20). However,some false teachers had "promised them liberty" (v.19) and allured them through the lusts of their flesh into believing a false teaching in regard to "morals". This false teaching is probably the same thing that Paul refers to at Romans 3:8--that the Christians were falsely accused of teaching "Let us do evil that good may come." This was a false teaching that said that the more we sin then the more that grace will abound, and was based on a false interpretation of the words at Romans 6:1-"shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?"

So the people who had escaped moral pollution by the knowledge of the gospel as well as the moral teachings that urge the Christian to keep himself "holy" had been deceived into believing that they should continue to sin so that grace would abound even more. They returned to their old way of life (v.22). They are worse off now and it would have been better if they had never even heard the moral commandments at first because now they have no excuse for their behavior.

Jerry Shugart

I've come to realize that it's the people who call their selves 'Pauline' that ultimately don't understand Paul.

Paul was a bit more liberal with the people in the Gentile world because they either didn't know jack about Judaism or were heavily adulterated by Roman influence.
It would have been too much to burden them with works and so forth- it was a temporary thing to get the ball rolling.

This is what the Lord Jesus said to the Jews:

The Apostle John tells the Christian that they already possess eternal life (1 Jn.5:11) and here is what the Lord Jesus says about those to whom He has given eternal life:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (Jn.6:63).​

Your argument is not with me but instead with the Lord Jesus Christ and you will lose that argument!

God's Truth

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).

You nullify all the scriptures that say to obey. You nullify all the scriptures that say obey because you think that scripture means believe only.

What a sad case for you.

How do you ever get that I nullify that scripture that says ‘believe’?

I tell you that we have to believe.
So tell me again how I nullify that scripture?

Jesus tells the law abiding Jews that they have to have faith, to believe, and you think that scripture nullifies all the scriptures that say 'obey'.

God's Truth

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).

We have to believe that Jesus is the one we go through to get to the Father and that he forgives sins that WE REPENT OF DOING.

Nowhere anywhere are we told just to believe and not to obey until after we are saved!

I put faith in Jesus and all his words.

Jesus says more than just ‘believe’.

Faith by itself is dead.

Why won’t you answer my question and tell me what you think it was that people misunderstand about what Paul says? See Peter 3:16, and 17.

musterion

That's a load of hogwash.

No it isn't.

There is a direct action of faith

Actions, or lack of actions, or right actions, or wrong actions, neither prove nor disprove saving faith. SUCH IS THE NATURE OF SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH WITHOUT WORKS. The grossly immoral saved saints in Corinth are absolute proof of that, proving your false Lordship Salvation gospel with it's "works prove faith" lie IS indeed a lie.

God's Truth

Hahahahahahaha God is not going to deny me for doing what Jesus says to get in him and stay in him.

God's Truth

No it isn't.

Actions, or lack of actions, or right actions, or wrong actions, neither prove nor disprove saving faith. SUCH IS THE NATURE OF SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH WITHOUT WORKS. The grossly immoral saved saints in Corinth are absolute proof of that, proving your false Lordship Salvation gospel with it's "works prove faith" lie IS indeed a lie.

Tells us why people misunderstand Paul. lol

Tell us why Peter says people misunderstand Paul and then Peter warns us to obey.