Madists

God's Truth

They follow one another. First, 'faith" which saves, and then "obedience."

Listen to yourself.

You are going AGAINST the words of God.

God says they go together.

You say one follows another.

Believe God and not your ignorant misunderstanding.

Here the Lord Jesus says that those who "believe" obtain eternal life:

All those scriptures that say "believe"---THOSE SCRIPTURES do NOT nullify the scriptures that say "obey".

We are told to believe because we have to believe---NOT to REPLACE obedience!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My righteousness is FROM Jesus Christ.

Jesus does not endorse someone who slander His servants who clearly showing their faith to Him.

Jesus' core messages is "love".

Your behavior against your enemy is far from Jesus' love.

and claiming you follow Jesus, sinless and saved.

You are not working for Jesus with your behavior. You are working for yourself to get attention. It is all about you and your ego.

Get out of this thread, and make your own thread.

God's Truth

Jesus does not endorse someone who slander His servants who clearly showing their faith to Him.

That is why you have condemned yourself.

Now go away condemned.

Does anyone here need to be reminded of how Meshak slanders Paul?

She condemned herself by her own words.

God's Truth

Matthew 12:17 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

Apostle Paul, showing faith in Jesus Christ is slandered by you.

You are condemned by your own words.

God's Truth

telling to go away to thread starter?

You are lunatic.

You are exposed for exactly what you falsely accuse me of.

You have delusion of grandeur.

Nothing can help you but repentance to Jesus Christ and submission to all his words in the Holy Bible.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 12:17 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

Apostle Paul, showing faith in Jesus Christ is slandered by you.

You are condemned by your own words.

Paul is not the Lord.

You have been malicious against your enemy Christians. And you cannot see it because you are so jalous, full of yourself and blind.

You can boast all you want claiming your are righteous, sinless and saved.

One of Jesus' teaching is humility, you have none of that.

If you try to be true to Jesus, you won't behave so arrogantly.

God have marcy on you so you wont be so arrogant.

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Do not call any brother 'father'.

Let's not bend the statement there, hombre.
It states to call no man your father, and of course you call your father your father, as does everyone.

'Father' loses it's meaning altogether of you make it exclusive to God- the definition would simply becomes synonymous to the Divine Creator.

Let's look at a couple verses:

Genesis 45:8
"So it was not you who sent me here, but God; and he has made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house and ruler over all the land of Egypt"

Job 29:16
"I was a father to the poor, and I searched out the cause of him whom I did not know"

The fact is, calling one's spiritual leader 'father' is not inherently wrong. Where the Catholic Church went wrong was in making their leader the 'Vicar of Christ'- that is where 'father' became what the verse you speak of really warns against.

do not make a statue and bow to it

Do not make a statue and worship it.

Do not pray to anyone but God.

That's not stated anywhere in the Bible, not that any of you ever considered that :rolleyes:

Repent of sins to be saved that means no infant baptisms.

Infant baptism is something both Luther and Calvin taught, for a very simple reason.

For one, if you think the early Christians were not baptizing their infants, especially in the course of poverty and being martyred, than the problem isn't with anything you've learned so much as what you've never considered.

But to the main point, going about your children as little pagans who need to be evangelized before even being part of your own sacred, familial communion is PREPOSTEROUS.

Case.
Closed.
And as simple as can be :wave2:

God's Truth

Let's not bend the statement there, hombre.
It states to call no man your father, and of course you call your father your father, as does everyone.

'Father' loses it's meaning altogether of you make it exclusive to God- the definition would simply becomes synonymous to the Divine Creator.

Let's look at a couple verses:

Genesis 45:8
"So it was not you who sent me here, but God; and he has made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house and ruler over all the land of Egypt"

Job 29:16
"I was a father to the poor, and I searched out the cause of him whom I did not know"

The fact is, calling one's spiritual leader 'father' is not inherently wrong. Where the Catholic Church went wrong was in making their leader the 'Vicar of Christ'- that is where 'father' became what the verse you speak of really warns against.

Do not make a statue and worship it.

That's not stated anywhere in the Bible, not that any of you ever considered that :rolleyes:

Infant baptism is something both Luther and Calvin taught, for a very simple reason.

For one, if you think the early Christians were not baptizing their infants, especially in the course of poverty and being martyred, than the problem isn't with anything you've learned so much as what you've never considered.

But to the main point, going about your children as little pagans who need to be evangelized before even being part of your pwn familial communion is PREPOSTEROUS.

Case.
Closed.
And as simple as can be :wave2:

Stop making excuses for your denomination's disobedience.

Jerry Shugart

All those scriptures that say "believe"---THOSE SCRIPTURES do NOT nullify the scriptures that say "obey".

What the Lord Jesus says here is either true or it is not. There is no middle ground:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

I believe what the Lord Jesus said there. Evidently you do not!

I also believe what He said here:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
(Jn.6:63).​

Again, what He said here is either true or it is not. I say that it is true!

God's Truth

What the Lord Jesus says here is either true or it is not. There is no middle ground:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

I believe what the Lord Jesus said there. Evidently you do not!

I also believe what He said here:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
(Jn.6:63).​

Again, what He said here is either true or it is not. I say that it is true!

What don't you get that Jesus says BELIEVE and says OBEY!

You are the one trying to NULLIFY ALL THE MANY scriptures that say obey.

Do you know what nullify means?

What did you do with all the scriptures---the words from Jesus that you claim you believe---what did you do with them? Do you want me to post scriptures where Jesus says to obey?

Tell me how you think you can nullify Jesus' words that say 'obey' just because he also says to 'believe'?!

God's Truth

We are blessed as a family member and friend if we do what Jesus says.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those whohear the word of God and obey it."

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

Peter says people misunderstand Paul---THEN he WARNS us to obey! See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

James says faith without right action is DEAD and CANNOT SAVE. That dead faith is NOT the most important kind of faith known. See James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

People misunderstand Paul. What else do they misunderstand if not about works?!

The works that Paul was speaking of that no longer obey are the purification/ceremonial works!

Paul is not saying we are saved by faith without obedience!