ECT MADists don't follow Paul

john w

Hall of Fame
Looks like you are trying to impress your fellow Darby followers.

Either that, or you've morphed into Grosnick Marowbe.

Looks like you are trying to be a "man pleaser," as usual, little wimpy "man."

Please, Craigie.....Give us another "Darby" spam, that "seals the deal." Please, Craigie?????

Pathetic loser.

whitestone

explain it then,,,

Take Jewish wars,by Josephus,start from where those in the walls printed their own money and refused to buy and sell with Caesars money. Then explain to us how those Jews in those walls worshiped Caesar as God when they were in a war refusing to bow to him. Explain the Image of the beast they were killed for,for refusing to worship. Match it up with Rev.13 and see if you can say it with a straight face.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
explain it then,,,

Take Jewish wars,by Josephus,start from where those in the walls printed their own money and refused to buy and sell with Caesars money. Then explain to us how those Jews in those walls worshiped Caesar as God when they were in a war refusing to bow to him. Explain the Image of the beast they were killed for,for refusing to worship. Match it up with Rev.13 and see if you can say it with a straight face.
:popcorn:

Danoh

explain it then,,,

That's easy; that part was spiritual.

Predatorism, ur, Preterism 101.

:chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
explain it then,,,

We know that during the days of Jesus, the Jews were using Roman coins with a Roman Caesar on it:

(Luke 20:24) "Show me a denarius. Whose image and inscription are on it?" "Caesar's," they replied.

The Caesar who would have been on the Denarius that Jesus was referring to would have been Tiberius.

The Caesar who would be "the beast" was Nero, then Vespasian (the second beast).

During the revolt, the Jews minted their own coins.

AFTER the conquest, the Jews who remained, and those who were exiled, were forced to use the Roman coins with "the beast" on it. Therefore, it was impossible to buy or sell without the mark of the beast. (it was also impossible for them to buy and sell without the mark of the beast before the war)

After the war, when Vespasian was emperor, he issued coins with himself on the front, and the back was a commemoration of the Jewish defeat by the Romans. HERE

View attachment 24073

Now, the Jewish Christians who fled to Pella when they saw Jerusalem surrounded, not only survived the war, but they were able to mint their own coins. Their coins did not contain the image of the beast, therefore, they were able to buy and sell without the mark of the beast.

Right Divider

Body part
We know that during the days of Jesus, the Jews were using Roman coins with a Roman Caesar on it:

(Luke 20:24) "Show me a denarius. Whose image and inscription are on it?" "Caesar's," they replied.

The Caesar who would have been on the Denarius that Jesus was referring to would have been Tiberius.

The Caesar who would be "the beast" was Nero, then Vespasian (the second beast).

During the revolt, the Jews minted their own coins.

AFTER the conquest, the Jews who remained, and those who were exiled, were forced to use the Roman coins with "the beast" on it. Therefore, it was impossible to buy or sell without the mark of the beast. (it was also impossible for them to buy and sell without the mark of the beast before the war)

After the war, when Vespasian was emperor, he issued coins with himself on the front, and the back was a commemoration of the Jewish defeat by the Romans. HERE

View attachment 24073

Now, the Jewish Christians who fled to Pella when they saw Jerusalem surrounded, not only survived the war, but they were able to mint their own coins. Their coins did not contain the image of the beast, therefore, they were able to buy and sell without the mark of the beast.
Very cute.... all predicated on the "fact" that this emperor was the Biblical "beast".

Did you not notice that the "mark of the beast" goes on a RIGHT HAND or on a FOREHEAD and not on a COIN?

Rev 13:16-17 (AKJV/PCE)
(13:16) And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: (13:17) And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Did you not notice that the "mark of the beast" goes on a RIGHT HAND or on a FOREHEAD and not on a COIN?

It's not literal:

If you would read the OT, you would know it's not literal:

(Exodus 13:9) This observance will be for you like a sign on your hand and a reminder on your forehead that this law of the Lord is to be on your lips....

(Exodus 13:16) And it will be like a sign on your hand and a symbol on your forehead that the Lord brought us out of Egypt with his mighty hand.”

(Duet 6:8) Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

(Duet 11:18) Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Very cute.... all predicated on the "fact" that this emperor was the Biblical "beast".

The king and the kingdom were the beast.

Let's look at what the first century Roman philosopher Apollonius of Tyana had to say about Nero:

"In my travels, which have been wider than ever man yet accomplished, I have seen many, many wild beasts of Arabia and India; but this beast, that is commonly called a Tyrant, I know not how many heads it has, nor if it be crooked of claw, and armed with horrible fangs. . . . And of wild beasts you cannot say that they were ever known to eat their own mother, but Nero has gorged himself on this diet" - Apollonius of Tyana, Lives of the Twelve Caesars 2.94

View attachment 24074

Right Divider

Body part
It's not literal:

If you would read the OT, you would know it's not literal:

(Exodus 13:9) This observance will be for you like a sign on your hand and a reminder on your forehead that this law of the Lord is to be on your lips....

(Exodus 13:16) And it will be like a sign on your hand and a symbol on your forehead that the Lord brought us out of Egypt with his mighty hand.”

(Duet 6:8) Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

(Duet 11:18) Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
I'm always amazed by you and your magic wand and make ANY verse "not literal" because some other verse has a couple of the same words in it.

Notice that in ALL FOUR verses you chose, it is made CLEAR that it's symbolic because it says "LIKE a sign" or "AS symbols"! Rev. says NO SUCH THING.

Please take the time to learn about these IDIOMATIC EXPRESSIONS, then you won't be so dumb.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame

Let's look at what the first century Roman philosopher Apollonius of Tyana had to say about Nero:

"In my travels, which have been wider than ever man yet accomplished, I have seen many, many wild beasts of Arabia and India; but this beast, that is commonly called a Tyrant, I know not how many heads it has, nor if it be crooked of claw, and armed with horrible fangs. . . . And of wild beasts you cannot say that they were ever known to eat their own mother, but Nero has gorged himself on this diet" - Apollonius of Tyana, Lives of the Twelve Caesars 2.94

View attachment 24074
The last 3 "posts" of Tellalie were plagiarized, copy'npastes, from other "men."

Want to see where you obtained them, Craigie? It was certainly not from just reading/studying the bible. You had to have some "man" teach you these "inventions."

Why do you follow "men," Craigie? You taught us that-we learned that from you.

How did I do, Russell-ite/Josephus-ite? Fun!!!

You hypocrite-fraud.

Right Divider

Body part

View attachment 24074
Well...... if a ROMAN PHILOSOPHER says it..... then it just HAS to be true.

john w

Hall of Fame
I'm always amazed by your and your magic wand and make ANY verse "not literal" because some other verse has a couple of the same words in it.

Notice that in ALL FOUR verses you chose, it is made CLEAR that it's symbolic because it says "LIKE a sign" or "AS symbols"! Rev. says NO SUCH THING.

Please take the time to learn about these IDIOMATIC EXPRESSIONS, then you won't be so dumb.

Wait for it, RD, TOL....Here comes a "Darby...."

Radar John W

john w

Hall of Fame
92215.gif

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Wrong again, Wrong Divider.

That's the point, it was symbolic, it's not literal.

By using the mark of the beast (the coin with Nero or Vespasian on it)to buy and sell, he (Caesar) "CAUSETH" a man to receive a mark on his right hand and forehead.

By eating unleavened bread, the Israelites received a mark on their hand and forehead (not literally).

Reactions: Lon

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well...... if a ROMAN PHILOSOPHER says it..... then it just HAS to be true.

There are many more. That was just one example.

The Sibylline Oracles from the second century call Nero a beast, as does Lactantius from the third century.

You should really study history, but you won't like it because it will prove your Dispensationalism wrong.