Justification of Eternal Punishment

Timotheos

You are as crooked as a corkscrew friend. I say the wicked will be turned into eternal punishment...that is Jesu's teaching. This is what you say is cruel and sadistic.

I am giving the message, but the message comes from Christ.

You lie, you say they will die and that is all. The bible says God will raise them from the dead and call them to judgement, if they have done well to an eternal inheritance, if they have done evil to eternal punishment.

If all God was going to do is pass annihilation upon them He would just leave them dead, but He raises them from the dead.

He fits them with new bodies.

You need to read Romans 6:23
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord".

I'm going to ask you a question, and I want you to answer it.
According to the Bible, what is the wages of sin?
a. Death
b. Eternal life in hell being tortured alive

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
is that the post you reported?

exactly what are you accusing him of?
and
exactly what is it based on?

We say that the wicked will depart into eternal punishment, they say this is sadistic and cruel.

Death is not eternal punishment it is a once off punishment...it is what wicked people already believe that when you die you are buried and that is it.

But God raises them up from death and sends them into eternal punishment.

They say this is cruel and sadistic...I say it is just.

Timotheos

Give a rational excuse for a full grown man or woman taking a child from it's world of comfort and safety and brutalising it and killing it...explain why someone who did this is not deserving of hell fire?

Jesus said it were better for them that they would be cast into the sea...that is what you propose.

Jesus said in Matthew 10:28 that the hell fire destroys both body and soul. Jesus said "Fear the one who is able to destroy both body and soul in hell". They are deserving of hell fire and they will be destroyed by hell fire just as Jesus said.

Jesus said in Matthew 7:13 that the road is wide that leads to destruction. Why do you think that he was lying about the road leading destruction?

Tell me why you think that "a full grown man or woman taking a child from it's world of comfort and safety and brutalising it and killing it" is not deserving of destruction.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You need to read Romans 6:23
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord".

I'm going to ask you a question, and I want you to answer it.
According to the Bible, what is the wages of sin?
a. Death
b. Eternal life in hell being tortured alive

You are being crooked for Jesus said people are dead even while they live, death is simply separation from God.

But God will raise them from the dead.

Timotheos

You are being crooked for Jesus said people are dead even while they live, death is simply separation from God.

Just answer the question, and stop slithering around it.

Romans 6:23 says that the wages of sin is death.

According to Romans 6:23, what is the wages of sin?
Is it death or eternal conscious torture in hell?

This is not a difficult question.
I am expecting you to give me an answer. A or B

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
We say that the wicked will depart into eternal punishment, they say this is sadistic and cruel.

Death is not eternal punishment it is a once off punishment...it is what wicked people already believe that when you die you are buried and that is it.

But God raises them up from death and sends them into eternal punishment.

They say this is cruel and sadistic...I say it is just.

that is not what you said

you suggested he said
that
God is cruel, wicked and sadistic
and
he never even suggested that

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Was John a sadistic thug when he wrote Revelations 20? or was he being an honest witness?

And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet were and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

This is the same lake of fire that people whose name was not written in the Lamb's book were thrown in verse 15

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Just answer the question, and stop slithering around it.

Romans 6:23 says that the wages of sin is death.

According to Romans 6:23, what is the wages of sin?
Is it death or eternal conscious torture in hell?

This is not a difficult question.
I am expecting you to give me an answer. A or B

Because you are being crooked the proposition is false. The wages of sin is not annihilation it is death. Death is defined by Jesus as seperation from God

Timotheos

Totten, I see that you are only a little older than a child.
"When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things."

When I was your age, I also believed in eternal conscious torture in hell. I didn't know that the Bible did not teach that, it was the only doctrine concerning the fate of the unrepentant I knew of. I have spent many years since that time studying the Bible, 30 years studying the Bible, in fact. When the Bible says that the wicked will perish, that is exactly what it means. The Bible says that the ungody will be destroyed. That is exactly what it means. The Bible goes on to say that the wicked will be no more.

Incidentally, the Bible never once makes the claim that "death is simply separation from God". Death is the state of "not living". Denying that by claiming "death is merely separation from God" is accepting the serpent's lie, "surely you will not die".

You need to understand this, and you won't, as long as you keep on claiming that I "slither". I only tell you what is written in the Bible.

At the time I am typing this, you still have not answered the question, "According to the Bible, what is the wages of sin?"
If you truly believe the Bible, this should not be a difficult question to answer. If you reject the Bible where it disagrees with your doctrine of torture, you can't answer the question. Why don't you give up the doctrine of torture and accept what the Bible plainly states, "the wages of sin is death"?

God is not sadistic, and the Bible doesn't say that He is. So give up your doctrine that claims that God is a sadistic torturer. Believe the Bible instead.

Timotheos

There is only one source of knowledge about God and that is His word...we refuse to be cowards and deny what God as said.

God's Word says that the wages of sin is death.

You say that you refuse to be a coward and deny what God Word says. God's Word says that the wages of sin is death. Why do you want to deny that the wages of sin is death and claim that the wages of sin is eternal torture instead of death.

Don't be a coward and deny what God's Word says, Accept God's Word which specifically states that "The wages of sin is death".

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Totten, I see that you are only a little older than a child.
"When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things."

When I was your age, I also believed in eternal conscious torture in hell. I didn't know that the Bible did not teach that, it was the only doctrine concerning the fate of the unrepentant I knew of. I have spent many years since that time studying the Bible, 30 years studying the Bible, in fact. When the Bible says that the wicked will perish, that is exactly what it means. The Bible says that the ungody will be destroyed. That is exactly what it means. The Bible goes on to say that the wicked will be no more.

Incidentally, the Bible never once makes the claim that "death is simply separation from God". Death is the state of "not living". Denying that by claiming "death is merely separation from God" is accepting the serpent's lie, "surely you will not die".

You need to understand this, and you won't, as long as you keep on claiming that I "slither". I only tell you what is written in the Bible.

At the time I am typing this, you still have not answered the question, "According to the Bible, what is the wages of sin?"
If you truly believe the Bible, this should not be a difficult question to answer. If you reject the Bible where it disagrees with your doctrine of torture, you can't answer the question. Why don't you give up the doctrine of torture and accept what the Bible plainly states, "the wages of sin is death"?

God is not sadistic, and the Bible doesn't say that He is. So give up your doctrine that claims that God is a sadistic torturer. Believe the Bible instead.

Jesus said let the dead bury their dead, man actually is born dead and has to be made to breathe but he is the bible says dead...slain in trespasses and sins.

We see Jesu's teaching that when the rich man died he was in a place of torment. You know these things so why don't you admit that death is not ceasing to exist? was Jesus being cruel and sadistic when He told that story?

Timotheos

Because you are being crooked the proposition is false. The wages of sin is not annihilation it is death. Death is defined by Jesus as seperation from God

"Death is defined by Jesus as seperation from God"???

For Pete's Sake, WHERE do you come up with this?
Jesus absolutely did NOT define death as "separation from God". You need to show the scripture reference for that.

I am not being crooked, I asked you a simple question. I even GAVE you the answer, and you still weren't able to answer it, since the Bible contradicts your doctrine of torture.

Let me ask you again, and let's see if you can answer or if you are unable to answer due to your hardened heart. It is a simple question.

According to Romans 6:23, the wages of sin is death.
What is the wages of sin, according to Romans 6:23?
A. Death
B. Eternal Torture in hell

Please give an answer without slithering.

Timotheos

Jesus said let the dead bury their dead, man actually is born dead and has to be made to breathe but he is the bible says dead...slain in trespasses and sins.

We see Jesu's teaching that when the rich man died he was in a place of torment. You know these things so why don't you admit that death is not ceasing to exist? was Jesus being cruel and sadistic when He told that story?

Are you able to see that NONE of that says that the wicked will go to hell when they die where they will be tortured alive forever.

Even the parable of the rich man doesn't say that the rich man was being tormented alive forever.

You claim that "man is actually born dead". That is not true. Babies that are born dead do not grow up to be men.

Jesus was talking metaphorically when He said "let the dead bury the dead". He did not say that the living are actually dead. He was not suggesting that dead corpses should dig graves for other dead corpses. He was saying that their destiny is death, which actually makes no sense if their destiny is eternal torture in hell.

The Bible plainly and specifically tells us what the wages of sin is.
"For the wages of sin is death".
We don't have to speculate about what the wages of sin might be. We know for certain that the wages of sin is not eternal torture in hell, because the Bible specifically states that the wages of sin is death.