JUDAISM: The Mother of All Reglions

chair

I'm afraid that you are betrayed by the facts as "Jews4Judaism" are obviously "running scared" because they are terrified by the tremendous upsurge in Messianic Judaism. In Israel alone, there are over 350 Messianic Jewish Congregations, and growing exponentially. But you don't "have a clue" because you really could care less than to even investigate, as you consider it a "waste of time". How much "time" is involved in eternity?? Where do you plan on spending it??

The Times They Are A-changin' as Bob Zimmerman once said.
BTW, Dylan was saved by Yeshua in the '80s.

You live in a dream world. Have you ever visited here?
Concern about "eternity" is a typically Christian thing. Enjoy it.

beameup

You live in a dream world. Have you ever visited here?
Concern about "eternity" is a typically Christian thing. Enjoy it.

I know that in my medium sized Arizona town there are 4 Messianic congregations.
I have connections to inside information, which I've maintained for decades.
I have been closely following Israel and its neighbors since 1967.
Israel is extremely secular and they passed the half-way mark in 2014 (6 million+).
If you have the ruach 'Elohim then many "trends" become glaringly obvious and
Tanakh prophecies start to "jump off the page". ruach 'Elohim is definitely "moving".
Do you have any idea how many ancient prophecies have been fulfilled there since 1947... to the very day?

Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: - Ezekiel 37:5
Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves [Gentile Nations], and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. - Ezekiel 37:11-12

chair

I know that in my medium sized Arizona town there are 4 Messianic congregations.
I have connections to inside information, which I've maintained for decades.
I have been closely following Israel and its neighbors since 1967.
Israel is extremely secular and they passed the half-way mark in 2014 (6 million+).

half way mark to what?
If you have the ruach 'Elohim then many "trends" become glaringly obvious and
Tanakh prophecies start to "jump off the page".

As I said: a dream world.

ruach 'Elohim is definitely "moving".
Do you have any idea how many ancient prophecies have been fulfilled there since 1947... to the very day?[/QUOTE]

Some definitely have. But those tend to be Old Testament prophecies that have nothing to do with Christianity.

beameup

half way mark to what?

I see you failed to read Ezekiel chapter 37. Did you consider that also "a waste of time"?

Some definitely have. But those tend to be Old Testament prophecies that have nothing to do with Christianity.

You would be quite surprised to find out otherwise. The MESSIAH is coming soon.

You, I'm sure, are not aware that there is a tremendous amount of interest, among some Christian groups, concerning the prophetic significance of the 7 Jewish Feasts, as well as other highly significant aspects of Mosaic Judaism as found in the Torah.

HEBREWS 1:1-3
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high

chair

I see you failed to read Ezekiel chapter 37. Did you consider that also "a waste of time"?
I've read it. I didn't notice any Christian content.
You would be quite surprised to find out otherwise. The MESSIAH is coming soon.
Right. Just as predicted in Matthew, Chapter 16:
27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

28 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

beameup

I've read it. I didn't notice any Christian content.
I first read the entire Tanakh half-century ago and continue to do so. I find it "highly significant" reading, and I'm not alone. Ezekiel 37,38,39 are "much talked about".
I see you made no reference to the fact that a lot of (spiritual-minded) "believers" in YHWH are interested in "Hebraic Roots", although some take it "too far". A lot of significant information is coming to light during these days - very interesting times indeed.

If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, even if one rose from the dead. - Luke 16:31

chair

I first read the entire Tanakh half-century ago and continue to do so.

In my case it was only 40 years ago. In the original, except for the Aramaic parts.
I am studying Isaiah right now.
I find it "highly significant" reading, and I'm not alone. Ezekiel 37,38,39 are "much talked about".
I see you made no reference to the fact that a lot of (spiritual-minded) "believers" in YHWH are interested in "Hebraic Roots", although some take it "too far". A lot of significant information is coming to light during these days - very interesting times indeed.

here is where I lose you. I have no idea who are doing the "much talking about", who the YHWH "believers" are etc. You are on a different planet than I am, so if you want me to understand, you will have to be more precise.

beameup

In my case it was only 40 years ago. In the original, except for the Aramaic parts.
I am studying Isaiah right now.

here is where I lose you. I have no idea who are doing the "much talking about", who the YHWH "believers" are etc. You are on a different planet than I am, so if you want me to understand, you will have to be more precise.

In ancient Israel there were always sincere "spiritual" believers and "non-spiritual" citizens. For example, how many Jews actually returned to Israel following the Babylonian captivity? Those who remained simply had no interest in "spiritual things", otherwise they would have returned to the Temple and worship prescribed by God through Moses.
Think of "Christianity" in the same way. Some participants are "genuine" and "spiritual"... some are "non-spiritual" and "Christian-in-name-only".

Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. - Matthew 13:24-30

Robert Pate

Banned
In ancient Israel there were always sincere "spiritual" believers and "non-spiritual" citizens. For example, how many Jews actually returned to Israel following the Babylonian captivity? Those who remained simply had no interest in "spiritual things", otherwise they would have returned to the Temple and worship prescribed by God through Moses.
Think of "Christianity" in the same way. Some participants are "genuine" and "spiritual"... some are "non-spiritual" and "Christian-in-name-only".

Perhaps this is why Jesus said, "And few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14.

Not everyone believes in Jesus and his Gospel. "Many will say to me Lord, Lord, didn't we..." Matthew 7:21:23.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Yes, and when Jesus came he magnified the law and made it honorable. (Isaiah 42:21 ESV)

To magnify the law means to expand it, to enlarge it, to make it glorious. This pleased the Father.

And this is what Jesus did.

Paul said, "The law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good."

The law is sacred and cannot be rescinded. We must not malign it.

Jamie,

Please answer my questions in direct reference to the Scripture I posted.

Who is Death?

What is the power behind his sting?

How do you interpret Pauls explaination that to bring the Law back is to cancel the promise?

1 Cor 15:

55 O death, where is your victory?

O death, where is your sting?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin [by which it brings death] is the law;

57 but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory [as conquerors] through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 4

13 For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would

inherit the world was not through the law, but through the

righteousness that comes by faith. 14 If those who are of the law are

heirs, faith is made empty and the promise is canceled. 15 For the law

produces wrath. And where there is NO LAW, there is no transgression.

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
JUDAISM: The Mother of All Reglions

Perhaps this is why Jesus said, "And few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14.

Not everyone believes in Jesus and his Gospel. "Many will say to me Lord, Lord, didn't we..." Matthew 7:21:23.

This verse is heart breaking!

The idea that people could attempt to work on the Fathers land, and watch, in confusion, many prodigal sons and daughters arrive with humility and gratitude to the promise, has always upset me.

They could almost be like Cain offering up his fruits and vegetables from toiling the soil of the earth.

How heartbreaking that they see the ones baring the slain lamb accepted, while the sweat of their brow is unrecognized.

I pray on this often.

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I first read the entire Tanakh half-century ago and continue to do so. I find it "highly significant" reading, and I'm not alone. Ezekiel 37,38,39 are "much talked about".

I pray there is more to the verses in Romans, Zechariah and Revelation than many see.

I pray that when Jesus returns, we are again amazed at the perfection and mystery of His plans.

Jesus sure did shake theology to the foundation when He walked amongst us.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
How do you interpret Pauls explaination that to bring the Law back is to cancel the promise?

Paul learned the hard way that salvation is not the result of law. Neither is salvation the result of sin.

It's our duty to obey law that applies to us. (Luke 17:10)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Paul learned the hard way that salvation is not the result of law. Neither is salvation the result of sin.

It's our duty to obey law that applies to us. (Luke 17:10)

There is no Love in the Stone.

Jesus and the stone are on two opposite spectrums.

One is Religion, while the other is Love bestowed freely.

One complicates the gospel while the other IS the gospel.

However, I respect you and your salvation.

I disagree in peace and respect your perception as I hope you respect mine.

I must express though, slaves obey while children of God are His friends.

This is the message of Galatians.

A slave is beaten and punished.

A friend is lovingly corrected every time they have error and Love binds the Son of God in the Father to the Sons of God bound to the Son.

There is a mega theological difference.

Daniel1769

Thank you for making my point about Judaism. It is based on the Talmud, not the Old Testament.

Also, Remphan is the false god of Judaism, also known as Baal, Shakina, Satan, Lucifer, Molech, etc. They're all the same devil.