Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The new law is the law of the Spirit, see Romans 8:2,
The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus is spoken of here.
the perfect law, see James 1:25.
The verse talks about the perfect law of liberty.
It is the law that gives freedom, see James 2:12.
The law of liberty is spoken of here.
It is the LAW that requires faith, see Romans 3:27.
The law of works is spoken of by Paul so that he may explain that it is not by the law of works but by the law of faith that boasting is excluded.
It is the law of Christ, see 1 Corinthians 9:21, and Galatians 6:2.
These two verses are the two mentions of the law of Christ in the Bible, and either mean the same thing about what the law of Christ is or are written and communicated for slightly different purposes or meanings, in that they are no doubt both about Christ and how we should and ought to live. The second one tells us what the law of Christ is. The first one shows that with the law of Christ we are not without the law of God.

God's Truth

I'm not seeing the words "new law". As for the verse you have presented here, I would need time which you may not allow me. I don't know if you are willing to converse about all of scripture with me. Maybe that is all we can say right now. I am not necessarily looking for you to converse with me. The point is we must accept all of scripture. Thank you for bringing up this verse.

Want to see the word 'new', here it is:

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Do you understand that a covenant is about rules and regulations that must be followed?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Want to see the word 'new', here it is:

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Do you understand that a covenant is about rules and regulation that must be followed?

I don't see new law here and I don't necessarily have your understanding about the new covenant, while I am indeed at the same time a new covenant believer.

God's Truth

I have learned some things from our discussion. But I have not a desire to learn from you. I would rather that you learn from what I have to share or by being encouraged to read all of scripture. You wanted to debate. I mentioned your argument. You are more into argumentation than argumentative, but you either want to win an argument or you want to prove me wrong. I am not beyond learning, but I believe the scripture here.

1 Timothy 2:12 NASB - 12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.

It is not that I don't want to learn from you as a person. But it is that I believe you are a woman and I can learn from scripture but I need to maintain or keep my own mind and the things God has revealed to me to this point. Your manner or way is not something I approve of. You may be a teacher of women, but you need to get some things right.

You are a false judge. You say I do not read the scriptures in context. All you have to defend you lack of knowledge is to try to put me down. You do not have truth. All you have are insults.

God's Truth

I do understand about fulfillment, but I found or discovered that it is not the same word as abolished or annulled. I understand about the Law being a shadow or a schoolmaster. As for regulations, is that a New Testament term I believe? And ceremonial works, remember I am or was looking at my translation and did not see the word. See this LINK.

You do not understand about fulfillment if you do not understand the old law was abolished and annulled. You are fighting against Apostle Paul.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are a false judge. You say I do not read the scriptures in context. All you have to defend you lack of knowledge is to try to put me down. You do not have truth. All you have are insults.

No. You are greatly valued. No insult is intended. A woman should never be insulted for being a woman. That would not make sense. I don't know how to help you with my point beyond sharing the verse here that explains my conviction, which comes from scripture. It has nothing to do with putting anyone down.

God's Truth

Circumcision of the flesh CEASED when God nailed it to the cross.

Colossians 2:14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.

What is the legal indebtedness?

It is that we are to be circumcised, adhere to a dietary law, observes special days, do various external washing, and sacrifice animals.

YOU MUST DO ALL THOSE THINGS IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING ANY OF THE OLD TESTAMENT.

Don't you understand that?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You do not understand about fulfillment if you do not understand the old law was abolished and annulled. You are fighting against Apostle Paul.

I grew up with the teaching that the law has been annulled, or abolished (newer or different terminology, translation difference). But these teachings come from Ephesians 2:14-15 NASB and Colossians 2:14-15 NASB, not Matthew 5:17-20 NASB which is Jesus speaking. That is, we must understand what is meant in context, and missing Jesus' words for Paul's might mean that we don't truly understand Paul's or that we don't understand them in truth, the way they were meant to be understood.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

It is to that we are to be circumcised, adhere to a dietary law, observes special days, do various external washing, and sacrifice animals.

You are incorrect. And, I don't do animal sacrifices. I believe Jesus' sacrifice was once for all and that there is no temple standing. The only place to sacrifice animals was at the temple. That is Biblical.

God's Truth

It is that we are to be circumcised, adhere to a dietary law, observes special days, do various external washing, and sacrifice animals.

Jacob,

Do you understand that you cannot follow the old law but leave out what you want or cannot do?

God's Truth

I grew up with the teaching that the law has been annulled, or abolished (newer or different terminology, translation difference). But these teachings come from Ephesians 2:14-15 NASB and Colossians 2:14-15 NASB, not Matthew 5:17-20 NASB which is Jesus speaking. That is, we must understand what is meant in context, and missing Jesus' words for Paul's might mean that we don't truly understand Paul's or that we don't understand them in truth, the way they were meant to be understood.

Okay that sounds right; let's examine it.

God's Truth

You are incorrect. And, I don't do animal sacrifices. I believe Jesus' sacrifice was once for all and that there is no temple standing. The only place to sacrifice animals was at the temple. That is Biblical.

Why are you leaving out the rest of the regulations? YOU said you still follow some of the old law of CIRCUMCISION and the observance of special days and the dietary laws.

God's Truth

Galatians 5:3 Now again I testify to every man receiving circumcision that he is a debtor to keep the whole Law.

You cannot keep some of the OLD law and not all of it.

If you get circumcised, then you must obey the rest of the law, the rest of the law which includes animal sacrifices.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob,

Do you understand that you cannot follow the old law but leave out what you want or cannot do?

I understand a couple of related things about this. One, if you have broken one command of the Law you have broken the Law as a whole. Two, you can't cherry pick what you want to observe and then say you have kept the Law. Three, when one seeks to obey God's commands God will bless him. As Christians we must listen to Jesus in this. Four, I am circumcised and yet people want to say if I am circumcised, or rather get circumcised, then I am indebted to keep the whole law. But, what if a person is already circumcised? Then should they keep the Law or not? And, five. I believe there is a new covenant but that God's commands are still God's commands. I am not under the Law, but I am under the Law of (or, toward (NKJV)) Christ. I am not without the law of God, whereas when I had doctrine and no commands and was forbidden obedience for that it would appear or be legalism I sought out God's word, both from examining the New Testament to find if Christians are to obey God and Jesus, even if you only look at Paul's writings, and from that I was not given a satisfactory reason for saying we are not to obey old covenant law or the Ten Commandments. I do observe the Ten Commandments, whereas it was practically forbidden! Why forbid anyone to obey God's commands? And, as a Christian? But there was no instruction on what to obey.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why are you leaving out the rest of the regulations? YOU said you still follow some of the old law of CIRCUMCISION and the observance of special days and the dietary laws.

A person is either circumcised or not. I'm not talking about an old law of circumcision. I don't know where you are confused on that. I observe the feasts and holy days of Torah, and I keep kosher, yes.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 5:3 Now again I testify to every man receiving circumcision that he is a debtor to keep the whole Law.

You cannot keep some of the OLD law and not all of it.

If you get circumcised, then you must obey the rest of the law, the rest of the law which includes animal sacrifices.

For certain not without a temple. So that is where discovering if Ezekiel's temple is prophecy of a future temple where animal sacrifice would be observed and if it is right to do so.

God's Truth

For certain not without a temple. So that is where discovering if Ezekiel's temple is prophecy of a future temple where animal sacrifice would be observed and if it is right to do so.

Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God, and Ezekiel spoke of Jesus.

Who cares about an earthly temple? Only those who do not have the Spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God, and Ezekiel spoke of Jesus.

Who cares about an earthly temple? Only those who do not have the Spirit.

Did Ezekiel prophesy about a coming temple or what was he referring to? Do you know about the first and second temple?