Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We only need one scripture. You cannot put aside even one.

The old law was not based on faith; the new law is based on faith.

In the new law we no longer have to clean ourselves just to go to the temple to worship God where His Spirit was, for faith that Jesus' blood cleans us after we repent is what cleans us, and we become the temple instead of going to the temple. We are reconciled to God.

No one has to observe special days anymore. All special days are about Jesus. We observe Jesus, not special days.

No one has to be circumcised anymore. The Holy Spirit circumcises our hearts.

No one has to sacrifice animals. Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God.

No one has to be put to death for adultery, and other such sins. No one has to give an eye for an eye, or a tooth for a tooth, etc. We find mercy and forgiveness through Jesus. We have mercy and forgiveness through Jesus, and we are also to give mercy and forgiveness to others.

The old law was about earthly man. The new law is about Spiritual things.

It is not clear what you believe the new law you are referring to is (no verse says new law) and if you believe you should be clean whether you go to the temple or not. And, my understanding is there presently is no temple as the temple was destroyed in AD 70.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
These scriptures prove what I said and disprove what you said.

I don't understand why you aim to destroy my words. I am not trying to disprove anything. The Bible is about learning not about proving or disproving. If you can show a verse that says something for a particular reason that is fine. If you don't have a verse that just means you cannot prove it with scripture. If you can learn from someone else when you are looking at scripture, that is good.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Where would you ever get that I thought it was an invention by man?

Circumcision is no longer a command from God, because it was about Jesus, and Jesus came.

A command of God is a command of God. Commands viewed as past commands or commands you believe are not for you do not necessarily therefore cease to be a command of God. If it is a command of God it is always a command of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, if you want to speak about this more, make a thread and let me know where it is and we can continue there.

That's okay. We are talking about Jesus' word here. If you want to attack or discredit that is not for me. You need to see that what you are doing is taking away from that which is good with your passion for something different.

Ben Masada

Jesus' teachings and commands are in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the New Testament.

He explains His teachings perfectly in His Word. If you are sincerely seeking to know His word, you should not be asking about it in the forums. I urge you to learn from Him directly. He is the perfect teacher of His salvation and His teachings.

Those books are short books and repeat many of the same things.

His word is not spread much to the world and to many churches. That's why I am doing this.

If we read or know what is written in those books, there is not going to be much chaos in Christian community.

It is so bad, and will be worse and worse as time comes near to the end because we disregard His Word.

I you want to be in Jesus' side or inherit God's kingdom, you need to know what He teaches and take heed what He says, and put into practice.

blessings.

IMHO, in the NT we find the teachings of Paul and not those of Jesus. The teachings of Jesus are found in the Tanach. We are forgetting that Jesus was a Jew and not a Christian. The Jewish gospel is to be found in the Tanach.

Ben Masada

1 - Jesus' teachings and commands are in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the New Testament.

He explains His teachings perfectly in His Word. If you are sincerely seeking to know His word, you should not be asking about it in the forums. I urge you to learn from Him directly. He is the perfect teacher of His salvation and His teachings.

Those books are short books and repeat many of the same things.

His word is not spread much to the world and to many churches. That's why I am doing this.

If we read or know what is written in those books, there is not going to be much chaos in Christian community.

It is so bad, and will be worse and worse as time comes near to the end because we disregard His Word.

I you want to be in Jesus' side or inherit God's kingdom, you need to know what He teaches and take heed what He says, and put into practice.

blessings.

God's Truth

It is not clear what you believe the new law you are referring to is (no verse says new law) and if you believe you should be clean whether you go to the temple or not. And, my understanding is there presently is no temple as the temple was destroyed in AD 70.

I gave you scripture that tells us we have a new law.

If another earthly temple is made, it will be a disgrace, for we are the temple. If a temple is made, there will be people wanting to uphold the old law.

Isaiah 66:3 But whoever sacrifices a bull is like one who kills a person, and whoever offers a lamb is like one who breaks a dog's neck; whoever makes a grain offering is like one who presents pig's blood, and whoever burns memorial incense is like one who worships an idol. They have chosen their own ways, and they delight in their abominations;

God's Truth

I don't understand why you aim to destroy my words. I am not trying to disprove anything. The Bible is about learning not about proving or disproving. If you can show a verse that says something for a particular reason that is fine. If you don't have a verse that just means you cannot prove it with scripture. If you can learn from someone else when you are looking at scripture, that is good.
Have you not learned from me at all? I am trying to destroy the falseness parts in which you believe and teach. Don't be a hypocrite, for you know that is what you are trying to do for me. However, stay close to the truth and admit I prove everything I say with scripture. You try to use scripture to nullify scripture, but Jesus says you cannot put even one scripture aside.

God's Truth

A command of God is a command of God. Commands viewed as past commands or commands you believe are not for you do not necessarily therefore cease to be a command of God. If it is a command of God it is always a command of God.

Circumcision of the flesh CEASED when God nailed it to the cross.

Colossians 2:14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.

See, you do not understand about fulfillment. You do not understand about shadows and teaching tools. You do not understand about regulations and ceremonial works.

God's Truth

That's okay. We are talking about Jesus' word here. If you want to attack or discredit that is not for me. You need to see that what you are doing is taking away from that which is good with your passion for something different.

Your accusations prove you are in the wrong. I am trying to help you. I do not do what you accuse me of doing.

God's Truth

IMHO, in the NT we find the teachings of Paul and not those of Jesus. The teachings of Jesus are found in the Tanach. We are forgetting that Jesus was a Jew and not a Christian. The Jewish gospel is to be found in the Tanach.

What you say is devoid of any truth.

Jesus' teachings are found in the OLD Testament, and everything that was said is about him.

You have no idea about God's Truth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I gave you scripture that tells us we have a new law.

If another earthly temple is made, it will be a disgrace, for we are the temple. If a temple is made, there will be people wanting to uphold the old law.

Isaiah 66:3 But whoever sacrifices a bull is like one who kills a person, and whoever offers a lamb is like one who breaks a dog's neck; whoever makes a grain offering is like one who presents pig's blood, and whoever burns memorial incense is like one who worships an idol. They have chosen their own ways, and they delight in their abominations;
I'm not seeing the words "new law". As for the verse you have presented here, I would need time which you may not allow me. I don't know if you are willing to converse about all of scripture with me. Maybe that is all we can say right now. I am not necessarily looking for you to converse with me. The point is we must accept all of scripture. Thank you for bringing up this verse.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Have you not learned from me at all? I am trying to destroy the falseness parts in which you believe and teach. Don't be a hypocrite, for you know that is what you are trying to do for me. However, stay close to the truth and admit I prove everything I say with scripture. You try to use scripture to nullify scripture, but Jesus says you cannot put even one scripture aside.

I have learned some things from our discussion. But I have not a desire to learn from you. I would rather that you learn from what I have to share or by being encouraged to read all of scripture. You wanted to debate. I mentioned your argument. You are more into argumentation than argumentative, but you either want to win an argument or you want to prove me wrong. I am not beyond learning, but I believe the scripture here.

1 Timothy 2:12 NASB - 12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.

It is not that I don't want to learn from you as a person. But it is that I believe you are a woman and I can learn from scripture but I need to maintain or keep my own mind and the things God has revealed to me to this point. Your manner or way is not something I approve of. You may be a teacher of women, but you need to get some things right.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm not seeing the words "new law". As for the verse you have presented here, I would need time which you may not allow me. I don't know if you are willing to converse about all of scripture with me. Maybe that is all we can say right now. I am not necessarily looking for you to converse with me. The point is we must accept all of scripture. Thank you for bringing up this verse.
Jake, pay no never mind to God's Untruth; he's a heretic

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Circumcision of the flesh CEASED when God nailed it to the cross.

Colossians 2:14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.

See, you do not understand about fulfillment. You do not understand about shadows and teaching tools. You do not understand about regulations and ceremonial works.

I do understand about fulfillment, but I found or discovered that it is not the same word as abolished or annulled. I understand about the Law being a shadow or a schoolmaster. As for regulations, is that a New Testament term I believe? And ceremonial works, remember I am or was looking at my translation and did not see the word. See this LINK.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Your accusations prove you are in the wrong. I am trying to help you. I do not do what you accuse me of doing.

You have answered some of my questions, as you have done in the past. This is good for the viewing audience. But I believe we need to understand things the right way, and that is paramount.

God's Truth

The new law is the law of the Spirit, see Romans 8:2, the perfect law, see James 1:25.

It is the law that gives freedom, see James 2:12.

It is the LAW that requires faith, see Romans 3:27.

It is the law of Christ, see 1 Corinthians 9:21, and Galatians 6:2.