Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Please answer, Jacob. You claim I said the law was not good, so tell me, do you understand what fulfillment of the law means? Tell me, why didn't Paul preach circumcision, when circumcision was THE LAW?

Circumcision is either a part of the Law or represents the whole of the Law. Circumcision is a command of God. It is not required.

See Romans 8:1-4 NASB.

God's Truth

Paul did not preach circumcision. But if it is circumcision you have trouble with he himself was circumcised and had Timothy circumcised. But I was talking about the Law. He was showing he keeps the Law.

Hahahaha Circumcision was the law, and Paul did NOT preach it. Paul said it was mutilation. You do not even know that circumcision is the law; yet, you want to argue with me.

God's Truth

Jacob, you cannot be for something and against it at the same time. Paul was against circumcision of the flesh, and circumcision of the flesh was against the law.

God's Truth

Paul did not preach circumcision. But if it is circumcision you have trouble with he himself was circumcised and had Timothy circumcised. But I was talking about the Law. He was showing he keeps the Law.

You do not even know why Paul circumcised Timothy. Tell me what you think as to why Paul did that.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You do not even know why Paul circumcised Timothy. Tell me what you think as to why Paul did that.
Because Timothy had a Jewish education, learning the scriptures from childhood, but had not been circumcised as his father was a Greek. The explanation of what occurred, or why he was circumcised does include that there were Jews in those parts. Likely, they wanted him circumcised, or would want him circumcised. But Titus was not compelled to be circumcised, for the sake of the gospel.

God's Truth

Because Timothy had a Jewish education, learning the scriptures from childhood, but had not been circumcised as his father was a Greek. The explanation of what occurred, or why he was circumcised does include that there were Jews in those parts. Likely, they wanted him circumcised, or would want him circumcised. But Titus was not compelled to be circumcised, for the sake of the gospel.

You said a lot of nothing.

There is only one reason Paul circumcised Timothy, and it was so that Timothy could go around the JEWS with Paul while Paul preached to the Jews.

God's Truth

Jesus came before Paul. I didn't say you said Paul changed the law. I am reflecting on its permanence.

YOU said Paul did not change the law.

Tell me, why was Jesus crucified.

You keep saying Paul obeyed the old law.

Paul says he did not.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You said a lot of nothing.

Three is only one reason Paul circumcised Timothy, and it was so that Timothy could go around the JEWS with Paul while Paul preached to the Jews.
That is a possible understanding, but would not even make sense if one does not admit circumcision is a command of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
YOU said Paul did not change the law.

Tell me, why was Jesus crucified.

You keep saying Paul obeyed the old law.

Paul says he did not.
If you read the text Paul could only agree or show by his actions in demonstration that he himself walked orderly, keeping the law.

But this has to do with false accusations, not agreeing.

God's Truth

If you read the text Paul could only agree or show by his actions in demonstration that he himself walked orderly, keeping the law.

But this has to do with false accusations, not agreeing.

Paul did not follow the old law, but he did make sure he was not breaking the law to enter the temple; the temple, which had regulations enforced by the Pharisees and teachers of the law.

God's Truth

Circumcision is a command of God that is not required either for Gentiles or for salvation.

Circumcision WAS a command from God.

You would be CUT OFF if you were not circumcised. That is why the Gentiles were without God, because they did not get circumcised, and follow the other parts of the ceremonial works.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul did not follow the old law, but he did make sure he was not breaking the law to enter the temple; the temple, which had regulations enforced by the Pharisees and teachers of the law.
You say old law but Paul kept God's Law, even though he did not require it of Gentiles.

God's Truth

You say old law but Paul kept God's Law, even though he did not require it of Gentiles.

Are you kidding? Paul taught against physical circumcision, and the observance of special days. Do you really think that shows he KEPT the old law?