Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
He preached the NEW law, no matter how you try to spin it.
Hebrews says there has been a change of law, because Jesus is our priest (read Hebrews for the explanation).

What new law though? In Jesus? He fulfilled the Law and did not come to abolish it. Are you saying Paul is any different?

Do you see these things?

God's Truth

Hebrews says there has been a change of law, because Jesus is our priest (read Hebrews for the explanation).
That changed law is our new law.
What new law though? In Jesus? He fulfilled the Law and did not come to abolish it. Are you saying Paul is any different?
Paul taught the same things as Jesus. You do not know what fulfilled means.
Do you see these things?

You ask what new law. How do you not get that there is a new law?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hahahaha Circumcision was the law, and Paul did NOT preach it. Paul said it was mutilation. You do not even know that circumcision is the law; yet, you want to argue with me.

Circumcision can represent the Law, but it is also one of the commands found in the Law.

John 7:23 NASB - 23 "If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath so that the Law of Moses will not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made an entire man well on the Sabbath?

Romans 2:25-27 NASB - 25 For indeed circumcision is of value if you practice the Law; but if you are a transgressor of the Law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. 26 So if the uncircumcised man keeps the requirements of the Law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision? 27 And he who is physically uncircumcised, if he keeps the Law, will he not judge you who though having the letter of the Law and circumcision are a transgressor of the Law?
Galatians 5:3 NASB - 3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law.

Galatians 5:3 NASB - 3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Where did I say PAUL changed the law? Jesus did that!

The only thing indicating a change of law in the Bible, as far as I can tell to this point, is what is written in Hebrews in this verse.

Hebrews 7:12 NASB - 12 For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also.

What was the law changed from, the law that is being spoken of here, and what was it changed to?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul did not follow the old law, but he did make sure he was not breaking the law to enter the temple; the temple, which had regulations enforced by the Pharisees and teachers of the law.

This is from Acts, about the temple.

Acts 2:46 NASB - 46 Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart,

Acts 3:1-3, 8, 10 NASB - 1 Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the ninth hour, the hour of prayer. 2 And a man who had been lame from his mother's womb was being carried along, whom they used to set down every day at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, in order to beg alms of those who were entering the temple. 3 When he saw Peter and John about to go into the temple, he began asking to receive alms. ... 8 With a leap he stood upright and began to walk; and he entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God. ... 10 and they were taking note of him as being the one who used to sit at the Beautiful Gate of the temple to beg alms, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.

Acts 4:1 NASB - 1 As they were speaking to the people, the priests and the captain of the temple guard and the Sadducees came up to them,

Acts 5:20-21, 24-25, 42 NASB - 20 "Go, stand and speak to the people in the temple the whole message of this Life." 21 Upon hearing this, they entered into the temple about daybreak and began to teach. Now when the high priest and his associates came, they called the Council together, even all the Senate of the sons of Israel, and sent orders to the prison house for them to be brought. ... 24 Now when the captain of the temple guard and the chief priests heard these words, they were greatly perplexed about them as to what would come of this. 25 But someone came and reported to them, "The men whom you put in prison are standing in the temple and teaching the people!" ... 42 And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they kept right on teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

Danoh

Re your post #809 Jacob, as I mentioned to you early on, today's MJ's base their MJism on your same misunderstanding of those passages.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Re your post #809 Jacob, as I mentioned to you early on, today's MJ's base their MJism on your same misunderstanding of those passages.
I am not sure what you are talking about. I am talking about how there were believers in the temple, not that no believer was ever in the temple for some reason like saying God was done with the temple.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus' teachings and commands are in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the New Testament.

He explains His teachings perfectly in His Word. If you are sincerely seeking to know His word, you should not be asking about it in the forums. I urge you to learn from Him directly. He is the perfect teacher of His salvation and His teachings.

Those books are short books and repeat many of the same things.

His word is not spread much to the world and to many churches. That's why I am doing this.

If we read or know what is written in those books, there is not going to be much chaos in Christian community.

It is so bad, and will be worse and worse as time comes near to the end because we disregard His Word.

I you want to be in Jesus' side or inherit God's kingdom, you need to know what He teaches and take heed what He says, and put into practice.

blessings.

God's Truth

Circumcision can represent the Law, but it is also one of the commands found in the Law.

John 7:23 NASB - 23 "If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath so that the Law of Moses will not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made an entire man well on the Sabbath?

Romans 2:25-27 NASB - 25 For indeed circumcision is of value if you practice the Law; but if you are a transgressor of the Law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. 26 So if the uncircumcised man keeps the requirements of the Law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision? 27 And he who is physically uncircumcised, if he keeps the Law, will he not judge you who though having the letter of the Law and circumcision are a transgressor of the Law?

Circumcision does represent the old law.

You have not disproved anything,

Circumcision of the flesh was just a teaching tool.

It was a shadow.

We do not obey shadows we obey Jesus Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Circumcision does represent the old law.

You have not disproved anything,

Circumcision of the flesh was just a teaching tool.

It was a shadow.

We do not obey shadows we obey Jesus Christ.

I don't know what you think I am trying to disprove. Whether you view circumcision as an old covenant command of God or a command of God for today, it is a command of God. It was not made or invented by man, etc....

God's Truth

The only thing indicating a change of law in the Bible, as far as I can tell to this point, is what is written in Hebrews in this verse.

Hebrews 7:12 NASB - 12 For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also.
We only need one scripture. You cannot put aside even one.

What was the law changed from, the law that is being spoken of here, and what was it changed to?

The old law was not based on faith; the new law is based on faith.

In the new law we no longer have to clean ourselves just to go to the temple to worship God where His Spirit was, for faith that Jesus' blood cleans us after we repent is what cleans us, and we become the temple instead of going to the temple. We are reconciled to God.

No one has to observe special days anymore. All special days are about Jesus. We observe Jesus, not special days.

No one has to be circumcised anymore. The Holy Spirit circumcises our hearts.

No one has to sacrifice animals. Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God.

No one has to be put to death for adultery, and other such sins. No one has to give an eye for an eye, or a tooth for a tooth, etc. We find mercy and forgiveness through Jesus. We have mercy and forgiveness through Jesus, and we are also to give mercy and forgiveness to others.

The old law was about earthly man. The new law is about Spiritual things.

God's Truth

This is from Acts, about the temple.

Acts 2:46 NASB - 46 Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart,

Acts 3:1-3, 8, 10 NASB - 1 Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the ninth hour, the hour of prayer. 2 And a man who had been lame from his mother's womb was being carried along, whom they used to set down every day at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, in order to beg alms of those who were entering the temple. 3 When he saw Peter and John about to go into the temple, he began asking to receive alms. ... 8 With a leap he stood upright and began to walk; and he entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God. ... 10 and they were taking note of him as being the one who used to sit at the Beautiful Gate of the temple to beg alms, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.

Acts 4:1 NASB - 1 As they were speaking to the people, the priests and the captain of the temple guard and the Sadducees came up to them,

Acts 5:20-21, 24-25, 42 NASB - 20 "Go, stand and speak to the people in the temple the whole message of this Life." 21 Upon hearing this, they entered into the temple about daybreak and began to teach. Now when the high priest and his associates came, they called the Council together, even all the Senate of the sons of Israel, and sent orders to the prison house for them to be brought. ... 24 Now when the captain of the temple guard and the chief priests heard these words, they were greatly perplexed about them as to what would come of this. 25 But someone came and reported to them, "The men whom you put in prison are standing in the temple and teaching the people!" ... 42 And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they kept right on teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

These scriptures prove what I said and disprove what you said.

God's Truth

I don't know what you think I am trying to disprove. Whether you view circumcision as an old covenant command of God or a command of God for today, it is a command of God. It was not made or invented by man, etc....

Where would you ever get that I thought it was an invention by man?

Circumcision is no longer a command from God, because it was about Jesus, and Jesus came.