Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
An online forum is a place to learn. You don't need a degree to study the Bible. And it is okay to study the Bible with others. The format is to go with the OP. That means, comments in a thread need to relate to the OP. But studying with others means that what we learn may not be what the author of the OP intended, whether the OP was to teach or begin to teach or provide a place to learn about a topic or subject, or if it was to ask a question or any combination of study and learn and teach and ask questions. Oftentimes people have an argument or something they are trying to get across. To understand a premise or a conclusion takes some understanding, even if that is the format within this format. But that is not all that we do here. And that would be more like school. Or, like real life. Is it possible to prove anything? Well, we would do better to learn from scripture than to try to prove our own opinion. But we can use our own words in so doing.

Reading/studying the entire Bible after asking for wisdom and Knowledge from God in prayer is the best form of learning. Each time you read God's word you ought to ask for guidance before reading/studying. Whether it's just one chapter or a few chapters.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
All His followers have hope of being saved if they are faithful to Him until the end. We have to finish the race and wait Jesus' judgment if we were indeed true to Him until the end.

Salvation is not one time confession.

What do you believe about what Jesus taught about what it means to be born again?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
All His followers have hope of being saved if they are faithful to Him until the end. We have to finish the race and wait Jesus' judgment if we were indeed true to Him until the end.

Salvation is not one time confession.

You don't understand what being a "True Believer" means? You're in no position to be preaching/teaching others.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Reading/studying the entire Bible after asking for wisdom and Knowledge from God in prayer is the best form of learning. Each time you read God's word you ought to ask for guidance before reading/studying. Whether it's just one chapter or a few chapters.

Good idea. I have read the entire Bible. When I think of something when I am responding to a post, something from scripture, I look up the verse with a concordance... the one I was talking about in my second to last post to you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus taught apostles who were Jews, and He told them to teach everything to the world He taught them.

So it is obvious Jesus' teachings or commands are not just for Jews.

Yes. But not just for the Jews but that the Jews can understand.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Sounds good. It is your thread. This may be important. Most relate born again to salvation.

This is what Jesus said but He did not explain what it is. Yet, His disciples explained what it is to be born again:

John 3:3
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

And His apostles explanation about being born again.

John 3:7
You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’

1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

29 If you know that he is righteous, you know that everyone who does what is right has been born of him.

1 John 3:7 The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

1 John 5: 1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. 2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world.[...]

18 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Do you believe you can show that from the passage or context within which your verse is found?

Ephesians 3: 1-8

For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
This is what Jesus said but He did not explain what it is. Yet, His disciples explained what it is to be born again:

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

29 If you know that he is righteous, you know that everyone who does what is right has been born of him.

1 John 3:7 The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

1 John 5: 1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. 2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world.[...]

18 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ.

Jesus was speaking to the House of Israel, not to the Gentiles. Matthew 15:24--"But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ephesians 3: 1-8

For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

You are correct here, but the verse I thought you were talking about is here.
Colossians 1:26 states: "Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:"

Jacob, this is a forum. If you desire to know all there is to know about the Mystery you can do your own study. Obviously you have access to Google? I'm not here to cut/paste copious amounts of materials. Some are willing to do that. I've been out of school for 45 years. This isn't a school, it's a place to discuss religious matters.
It says what the mystery is here. It is: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Colossians 1:26-27 NASB - 26 that is, the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His saints, 27 to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Can I comment or should we, I, or you give others an opportunity?

Danoh

Jacob,

Jesus direct word is the basic principle of salvation. Everyone else is just harmonizing with what Jesus said. If they don't harmonize with Jesus' word, you are reading them wrong.

I realize this may fall on deaf ears where you are concerned. Someone else might profit from it though.

There is no direct word of Jesus in Scripture - only what the writers of Scripture were inspired to write.

It is THEIR word about what He said, THEIR eyewitness account.

The following is more than "the mouth of two, or three witnesses..."

Mark 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Luke 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, 1:2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; 1:3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus, 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

John 20:30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Acts 1:21 Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, 1:22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

Hebrews 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; 2:4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

2 Peter 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us; ) 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 1:4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I realize this may fall on deaf ears where you are concerned. Someone else might profit from it though.

There is no direct word of Jesus in Scripture - only what the writers of Scripture were inspired to write.

Mark 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Luke 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, 1:2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; 1:3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus, 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

John 20:30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Acts 1:21 Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, 1:22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

Hebrews 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; 2:4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

2 Peter 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us; ) 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 1:4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Meshak doesn't answer questions or converse with other posters. She's just here to preach her "false doctrine" and leave. Hit and run is her thing.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Not at all! Thanks for the post!