Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Of course. But I believe you think or thought you have the answer to what happened to me. Once I was old enough I searched the Bible and the verse I came up with from Ephesians is the closest I came to finding out if what happened to me was Biblical.

Basically, it comes down to if a person can receive Christ into their heart... if it is Biblical... if it is the same as when a person is born again and the Holy Spirit now dwells or lives in / inside (of) them.

It's similar to wanting to know if you should have a person pray a sinners prayer or confess Jesus as Lord when sharing the gospel in Evangelism. It has to do with how a person comes to faith and what is Biblical.

Something happened to me, and I still don't know what it was.

1 Corinthians 14:33--"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 14:33--"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."

No. This was in light of the fact of false conversions and that believers are collectively to work out their salvation with fear and trembling, those who want to understand their salvation or life experiences should be allowed to evaluate where they stand before God in the company of other believers. Expressing a salvation experience, whether a true or false conversion, should not be disallowed and the person should not be relegated to thinking they are confused or unstable. It is not a time to fact find, it is a time to seek diligently the scriptures and make sure that our experience conforms to scripture and not the other way around.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No. This was in light of the fact of false conversions and that believers are collectively to work out their salvation with fear and trembling, those who want to understand their salvation or life experiences should be allowed to evaluate where they stand before God in the company of other believers. Expressing a salvation experience, whether a true or false conversion, should not be disallowed and the person should not be relegated to thinking they are confused or unstable. It is not a time to fact find, it is a time to seek diligently the scriptures and make sure that our experience conforms to scripture and not the other way around.

You're extremely confused. It's difficult to converse with someone who constantly goes back and forth with what they believe and don't believe. You're kind of strange that way.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're extremely confused. It's difficult to converse with someone who constantly goes back and forth with what they believe and don't believe. You're kind of strange that way.

Studying language and salvation related to scripture and different Theologies and Soteriology even when related to personal experience is not a small undertaking. If you don't have answers that is fine. But not having an answer is not a reason to dismiss or tell someone off. Not that you are doing this, but you are steering the conversation wanting me to be on my heels, when I am the one that opened up about my experience. Have you tested yourself to see if you are in the faith? If you have, was it an evaluation of the doctrines you hold dear, your Theology in your mind or head, or real every day living experiences? There are so many different ways a person can understand this. And we don't often deal with issues on this level. Instead of seeing who is right or who is more right why don't we help each other to see what scripture says about salvation? And then, instead of all of life being scripture, Bible, and scripture memory we can find real world situations that we have encountered or been a part of and help each other to see what to do or what right thinking is all about. I have learned a lot in my life. But this is a Theology forum after all. Are you familiar with Soteriology (the study of salvation)? I know you believe there are at least two gospels and that Jews and Gentiles are different unless we are talking about the body of Christ from the Gentile perspective or since Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I think you err here. The church is the body of Christ.

What I meant to say is, the Body of Christ (Church) today is made up of both Jew and Gentile alike. The Jews before the Body of Christ came about, were under the Law and the Gentiles were not.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What I meant to say is, the Body of Christ (Church) today is made up of both Jew and Gentile alike. The Jews before the Body of Christ came about, were under the Law and the Gentiles were not.
The church came about before Gentiles became a part of the church.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I may not totally agree with your opinions, however I will respect your right to believe them.

Okay. Thank you.

Here are verses for a search of gospel of the kingdom.

Matthew 4:23 NASB - 23 Jesus was going throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness among the people.

Matthew 9:35 NASB - 35 Jesus was going through all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness.

Matthew 24:14 NASB - 14 "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Luke 16:16 NASB - 16 "The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John; since that time the gospel of the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it.

Mark 1:15 NASB - 15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Mark 1:15 NASB - 15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

The Gospel being spoken of is, The Kingdom Gospel. A time in the future when Christ will sit on the throne of David during the Millennial Kingdom.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, can you give a Scripture verse that mentions the Body of Christ besides, when Paul mentions it?

No, I cannot. But Peter and Paul preached to Jews, or saw Jews come to faith, before Gentiles, and they became a part of the church which is the body of Christ. If fact the disciples or apostles were believers before or at the time of Pentecost. There was the resurrection appearances and the ascension. Was there a before that? Just when did the church begin? Or have its start? Its conception?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Gospel being spoken of is, The Kingdom Gospel. A time in the future when Christ will sit on the throne of David during the Millennial Kingdom.

I don't know how to answer you here. Christ (the Messiah) came about 2000 years ago, and you are responding to something He said.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, I cannot. But Peter and Paul preached to Jews, or saw Jews come to faith, before Gentiles, and they became a part of the church which is the body of Christ. If fact the disciples or apostles were believers before or at the time of Pentecost. There was the resurrection appearances and the ascension. Was there a before that? Just when did the church begin? Or have its start? Its conception?

Who was the one who was given the "Mystery of the Body of Christ (church)" made up of both Jew and Gentile?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Who was the one who was given the "Mystery of the Body of Christ (church)" made up of both Jew and Gentile?
The words mystery and Christ show up in the following verses.

Romans 16:25 NASB - 25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which has been kept secret for long ages past,

Ephesians 3:4 NASB - 4 By referring to this, when you read you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,

Ephesians 5:32 NASB - 32 This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church.

Colossians 1:27 NASB - 27 to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Colossians 2:2 NASB - 2 that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself,

Colossians 4:3 NASB - 3 praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned;

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The words mystery and Christ show up in the following verses.

Romans 16:25 NASB - 25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which has been kept secret for long ages past,

Ephesians 3:4 NASB - 4 By referring to this, when you read you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,

Ephesians 5:32 NASB - 32 This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church.

Colossians 1:27 NASB - 27 to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Colossians 2:2 NASB - 2 that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself,

Colossians 4:3 NASB - 3 praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned;

So obviously, Paul is the only one to bring up the Body of Christ. Peter at Pentecost never mentioned it nor did James and the rest. Only Paul.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Thanks! I was thinking only of what Peter preached to Jews and Gentiles in both cases where the Spirit was poured out.

You are reminding me of 1 Peter and 2 Peter, that they have the word grace in them.
Peter was there both times. The first time he preached afterward. Just to clarify. There may be confusion because of the words chosen in these sentences of mine, and for those who have not read these accounts in the book of Acts, the Acts of the Apostles.