Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The KJV, NKJV, NASB do not have "mystery body of Christ". But the NIV does.

Ephesians 3:6 NIV - 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

The phrase body of Christ is not in this verse. That is okay.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Body of Christ is a New Testament metaphor for Church. They are one of the same.

The NKJV has these two verses (I searched for church body of Christ).

Ephesians 5:23 NKJV - 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.

Colossians 1:24 NKJV - 24 I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church,

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You need to back up what you are saying. What reason do you have for associating the body of Christ with a mystery?

Colossians 1:26 states: "Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:"

Jacob, this is a forum. If you desire to know all there is to know about the Mystery you can do your own study. Obviously you have access to Google? I'm not here to cut/paste copious amounts of materials. Some are willing to do that. I've been out of school for 45 years. This isn't a school, it's a place to discuss religious matters.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Colossians 1:26 states: "Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:"

Jacob, this is a forum. If you desire to know all there is to know about the Mystery you can do your own study. Obviously you have access to Google? I'm not here to cut/paste copious amounts of materials. Some are willing to do that. I've been out of school for 45 years. This isn't a school, it's a place to discuss religious matters.
I understand this is your approach. But I am here to learn from others. You say this isn't a school, and it is not, and we are in the religion forum so it is a place to discuss religious matters. But how are you going to discuss without scripture and communication? I don't just blindly accept what you say. And, I have your best interest in mind, not just the interest of those in and viewing this forum.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Ephesians 5:23 NKJV - 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.

Colossians 1:24 NKJV - 24 I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church,[/QUOTE]

Obviously, they are one of the same. Very good. That's what I told you before.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Colossians 1:24 NKJV - 24 I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church,

Obviously, they are one of the same. Very good. That's what I told you before.

I told you, and now you are taking credit for telling me. Okay. I know you are older than I, and you are driving the conversation, like I said.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Meshak,

How about these?

John 5:24 NASB - 24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 8:37 NASB - 37 "I know that you are Abraham's descendants; yet you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you.

John 12:48 NASB - 48 "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I understand this is your approach. But I am here to learn from others. You say this isn't a school, and it is not, and we are in the religion forum so it is a place to discuss religious matters. But how are you going to discuss without scripture and communication? I don't just blindly accept what you say. And, I have your best interest in mind, not just the interest of those in and viewing this forum.

That's what I have been doing. Again, this isn't a school type arena. You can always search Google if you don't believe what I have to say. Even Google will take you to the Scripture you need.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The body of Christ is the church and came about before Gentile believers.

Jesus taught apostles who were Jews, and He told them to teach everything to the world He taught them.

So it is obvious Jesus' teachings or commands are not just for Jews.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's what I have been doing. Again, this isn't a school type arena. You can always search Google if you don't believe what I have to say. Even Google will take you to the Scripture you need.

An online forum is a place to learn. You don't need a degree to study the Bible. And it is okay to study the Bible with others. The format is to go with the OP. That means, comments in a thread need to relate to the OP. But studying with others means that what we learn may not be what the author of the OP intended, whether the OP was to teach or begin to teach or provide a place to learn about a topic or subject, or if it was to ask a question or any combination of study and learn and teach and ask questions. Oftentimes people have an argument or something they are trying to get across. To understand a premise or a conclusion takes some understanding, even if that is the format within this format. But that is not all that we do here. And that would be more like school. Or, like real life. Is it possible to prove anything? Well, we would do better to learn from scripture than to try to prove our own opinion. But we can use our own words in so doing.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Meshak,

How about these?

John 5:24 NASB - 24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 8:37 NASB - 37 "I know that you are Abraham's descendants; yet you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you.

John 12:48 NASB - 48 "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

All His followers have hope of being saved if they are faithful to Him until the end. We have to finish the race and wait Jesus' judgment if we were indeed true to Him until the end.

Salvation is not one time confession.