Jesus SEPARATE from Jehovah; calls Jehovah "my God."

Status
Not open for further replies.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
By physically do you mean in a natural flesh and blood body?

I mean physical as in tangible like this:

Luk 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
Luk 24:37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
Luk 24:38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Luk 24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
Luk 24:41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
Luk 24:42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
Luk 24:43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Jesus couldn't walk out of the tomb in a physical body because the tomb was sealed until an angel rolled back the stone. And when the stone was rolled back Jesus was not in the tomb. Before the stone was rolled away the tomb was dark and probably a little stuffy. Who would want to stay in a tomb?

He evidently left the tomb in the same way He entered the room.
The seal and stone were no obstacle.

We don't know the nature and full abilities of His glorified body, nevertheless there is a continuity between the body in which He was born, lived and died and that body which came back to life and stood up. It's the same body having taken on the power of incorruptibility.
Believers will be resurrected in the same way. Phil 3:21

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
We were talking about this in our house meeting meshak last week :) Jesus was in the gardener and in the man on the road to emmaus. And people didn't realise it was him, because he was in a person.

Mary didn't know him until she heard his voice and he spoke to her personally, and the men didn't know him until he broke the bread, that's like sharing the word of God. And we know him when we hear his voice personally or the word of God in others.

How do you see it?

The Lord Jesus appeared 'in person' not in the person of someone else.

He resurrected from the dead.

What does the word 'resurrected' mean?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
How was John the Baptist raised in his lifetime?

Give me a specific verse concerning JTB being raised, please.

Do the word 'raised' and the word 'resurrect' always refer to the same thing, never refer to the same thing, or sometimes refer to the same thing in Scripture?

marhig

Give me a specific verse concerning JTB being raised, please.

Do the word 'raised' and the word 'resurrect' always refer to the same thing, never refer to the same thing, or sometimes refer to the same thing in Scripture?
They are the same thing, if you belong to God you should know.

This is whilst Jesus and John are still alive

Matthew 11

Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

How can this be? Do you know?

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

What is the difference in the Greek word for spirit and the Greek word for ghost as in holy ghost?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
We were talking about this in our house meeting meshak last week :) Jesus was in the gardener and in the man on the road to emmaus. And people didn't realise it was him, because he was in a person.

Mary didn't know him until she heard his voice and he spoke to her personally, and the men didn't know him until he broke the bread, that's like sharing the word of God. And we know him when we hear his voice personally or the word of God in others.

How do you see it?

I think it is because Jesus changed to Spirit being like His Father.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hi, Nonon. Mormonism may be a cult, but Jehovah's Witnesses are not, and neither was "made by some Catholic." Mormonism started with crazy Joseph Smith back in the 1800s, and Jehovah's Witnesses merely WENT BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TEACHINGS OF JESUS, grouped together by Charles Taze Russell (in 1870) who was not affiliated with Catholicism. He was used by Jehovah to start up His work again after 2 thousand years of Apostate Christianity. The Bible said that true Christians would be evident in THE LAST DAYS, which we are living in today. (Daniel 12:4; Matthew 13:37-39)

I don't spread anything close to Mormon doctrines. Just what Jesus taught.

You're a JW, correct?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Beameup, Meshak isn't a Jehovah's Witness. She just has more sense than most people. :cool: About certain things.

I have answers, and I hope you read all of my recent posts.

I will say that yes, Jesus died for me as an individual for my sins.

BTW, Jehovah being worshiped as God Almighty and believing that Jesus is His Son is Scriptural, not something "created" by the WTS.

By saying Meshak has better sense than others, you're also saying, you have lesser discernment than others.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No difference.

It's the word 'pneuma'.

So pneuma can refer to a spirit being or a ghost depending on the context. Jesus is not a ghost and neither is he limited to being Spirit. He will manifest himself in a flesh and bone body when he shows himself to the world. Bone is required to support the flesh.

The flesh and bone is a manifestation of his Spirit body. Since it is a manifestation there is nothing to suggest food, water, or blood is required to sustain life.

Manifestation's origins are in religion and spirituality because if something spiritual becomes real, it is said to be a manifestation.

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/manifestation

KingdomRose

Therein lies the cause of your blindness to the rest of the essential truths of Scripture.

Paul says that you have believed in vain/futility.

No he doesn't. I believe that Jesus REALLY DIED and he gave up his physical body for mankind's sins. As I have shown in Scriptures, he was raised in A SPIRIT BODY. (ICorinth.15:45; IPeter 3:18) Paul said THAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.