Jesus SEPARATE from Jehovah; calls Jehovah "my God."

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhig

And... a stick can't turn into a snake...and, a universe can't be spoken into existence,...and a blind man doesn't gain his sight by rubbing mud on his eyes.However we believe because God says.
Jesus said this in John 14

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

How can this happen if Jesus is still in a physical body?

It says in the Bible that Christ is a spirit, he is a spirit as God is a spirit. And there are also ministering spirits. There is only spirit in heaven.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Jesus is a resurrected man, the same body He died in with some improvements.(healed)

Jesus dwells in Heaven in God who reveals His son to men by His Spirit.

It is the Spirit of God who dwells in believers and Jesus dwells in that Spirit.

So it is no problem for Jesus to be in men at the same time as He is in Heaven.

After His resurrection, Jesus ate fish.

Just a further note--

Glorification may well be something further than resurrection.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It says in the Bible that Christ is a spirit, he is a spirit as God is a spirit. And there are also ministering spirits. There is only spirit in heaven.

No scripture says Jesus is a Spirit.

Luk 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
Luk 24:37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
Luk 24:38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. Luk 24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
Luk 24:41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
Luk 24:42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
Luk 24:43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

LA

marhig

There are a few who feel the resurrection is purely spiritual in nature, that it does not require the raising up again of a physical body, however transformed. In this case, the resurrection indicates a death within the soul and a resurrection within that same soul of a spiritual nature, it is a transformation of consciousness essentially, or the raising of the individual into the spiritual realm, with its accompanying spirit-body. We can consider 'resurrection' on multiple levels, figuratively speaking.

On that note, a belief in the literal physical resurrection of Jesus is unnecessary, but a belief that he died and was resurrected in the Spirit (spiritually) is something all can agree on, since it is the inner esoteric meaning of 'resurrection' that is essential, it is the rising up into a new life, a new birth, a transformation of the mortal putting on immortality, etc.

Do note that if we assume he was raised 'bodily' ( as it was stated in one of the creeds), this word can accommodate a spiritual body form. Thus the belief in Jesus resurrection is fundamentally sustained, but understood figuratively. This 'transformation' all will undergo, who are raised up in a new body, whether this be on earth or in the spirit-world.

We would also note that 'resurrection' also included the concept of 'rebirth' or 'reincarnation' in some earlier schools, and DO NOTE....that in the process of a reincarnation,...there is certainly a 'raising up' of the spirit-soul in a new body or new embodiment. I've treated these issues in my former thread on 'Reincarnation' and another of like subject. So our concept of 'resurrection' could be broadened to include other facets and feature of the spirit-soul being raised up in a new form or higher vibration of consciousness :)

Hi again freelight :)

I believe a bit differently than many here, (as you may have seen). I believe that we are raised in this lifetime, as Paul said.

Colossians 3

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

1 Corinthians 15

For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Philippians 3

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death.

Romans 8

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

I believe that we are dead without God, and we are brought back to life by God breathing the holy spirit into our hearts, we are then born of God, we have passed from death to life and we are risen from the dead and the spirit of Christ will dwell in our hearts and he will be made manifest in our lives by the spirit within cleansing our heart to be more like his. If we listen to him and obey God, then our old fleshly life will be dead and hidden in Christ and we will be living by the will of God. Dying to sin daily and being alive in the spirit living to please our father in heaven. And it is all done through our lord Jesus Christ.

marhig

Jesus is a resurrected man, the same body He died in with some improvements.(healed)

Jesus dwells in Heaven in God who reveals His son to men by His Spirit.

It is the Spirit of God who dwells in believers and Jesus dwells in that Spirit.

So it is no problem for Jesus to be in men at the same time as He is in Heaven.

After His resurrection, Jesus ate fish.

Just a further note--

Glorification may well be something further than resurrection.

LA

Yes your right, Jesus does dwell in our hearts by the spirit of God, but there is no flesh in heaven.

Jesus said that flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God.

God and Christ are spirit. But anyway, I leave all that in Gods hands. I'm only flesh, and what I definitely know is that I need to do what's right before God in the here and now. And God will do with me what he will. In this lifetime and in the next.

marhig

No scripture says Jesus is a Spirit.

Luk 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
Luk 24:37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
Luk 24:38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. Luk 24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
Luk 24:41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
Luk 24:42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
Luk 24:43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

LA

It says that Christ is a spirit in the Bible, I believe that the body is left behind and the spirit goes back to God who gave it. Flesh is dust, only the spirit goes to God. If God is a spirit then Christ who is with him is a spirit also.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Materialized spirits.......

Materialized spirits.......

Hi again freelight :)

I believe a bit differently than many here, (as you may have seen). I believe that we are raised in this lifetime, as Paul said.

Colossians 3

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

1 Corinthians 15

For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Philippians 3

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death.

Romans 8

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

I believe that we are dead without God, and we are brought back to life by God breathing the holy spirit into our hearts, we are then born of God, we have passed from death to life and we are risen from the dead and the spirit of Christ will dwell in our hearts and he will be made manifest in our lives by the spirit within cleansing our heart to be more like his. If we listen to him and obey God, then our old fleshly life will be dead and hidden in Christ and we will be living by the will of God. Dying to sin daily and being alive in the spirit living to please our father in heaven. And it is all done through our lord Jesus Christ.

:thumb:

Indeed, Paul does share definitively the inner spiritual sharing we have "in Christ", and this transformative process includes our death, burial, resurrection and ascension with-in Christ. Its just that some traditionalists here include or focus upon a literal physical resurrection of some kind,....'bodily', so such emphasizes some material modification of the flesh. This was noted in some early creeds, and while this was still being 'developed' in doctrinal matters,...one creed even changed Christ's resurrection from being "in the flesh", to the term "bodily" to be a bit more liberal, since the 'resurrection body' anyways is a bit peculiar, since it appears to have some form, yet 'spiritualized' to some degree. So, we have a broad spectrum of speculation of this 'resurrection body' from the more carnal dimensions...to the most celestialized, or some synthesis or compound therein :) - again, back to figuring the mysterious details on the metaphysics of it all.

This all transpires in the process of the mortal putting on immortality, so its a fascinating subject. I glean from other schools that have their own views on what kind of 'bodies' we don or transform into along our souls journey Godward towards divine perfection. Paul did say like a seed our physical body is sown into the ground in death, and it is raised a spiritual body. So as shared above, we have the spiritual resurrection, the inward rising of God-consciousness, communion with the Christ within, the 'subjective' experience of co-identification with Christ. Then we have objective assumption of resurrection, whether individual or collective, the assumption of a mass resurrection at the last day, various roll calls at the end of a dispensation, etc. Fun stuff eh?

marhig

:thumb:

Indeed, Paul does share definitively the inner spiritual sharing we have "in Christ", and this transformative process includes our death, burial, resurrection and ascension with-in Christ. Its just that some traditionalists here include or focus upon a literal physical resurrection of some kind,....'bodily', so such emphasizes some material modification of the flesh. This was noted in some early creeds, and while this was still being 'developed' in doctrinal matters,...one creed even changed Christ's resurrection from being "in the flesh", to the term "bodily" to be a bit more liberal, since the 'resurrection body' anyways is a bit peculiar, since it appears to have some form, yet 'spiritualized' to some degree. So, we have a broad spectrum of speculation of this 'resurrection body' from the more carnal dimensions...to the most celestialized, or some synthesis or compound therein :) - again, back to figuring the mysterious details on the metaphysics of it all.

This all transpires in the process of the mortal putting on immortality, so its a fascinating subject. I glean from other schools that have their own views on what kind of 'bodies' we don or transform into along our souls journey Godward towards divine perfection. Paul did say like a seed our physical body is sown into the ground in death, and it is raised a spiritual body. So as shared above, we have the spiritual resurrection, the inward rising of God-consciousness, communion with the Christ within, the 'subjective' experience of co-identification with Christ. Then we have objective assumption of resurrection, whether individual or collective, the assumption of a mass resurrection at the last day, various roll calls at the end of a dispensation, etc. Fun stuff eh?

A big thumbs up!

I believe that when Paul says that the mortal must put on immortality and that this corruptible must put on incorruption, that is us receiving the uncorruptible, immortal holy spirit. And when this happens, we are changed, born anew, raised from the death to life and we are alive with Christ in God.

Notaclue

1Jn.3:1 See ye what love the Father hath given to us, that children of God we may be called; because of this the world doth not know us, because it did not know Him;
2beloved, now, children of God are we, and it was not yet manifested what we shall be, and we have known that if he may be manifested, like him we shall be, because we shall see him as he is;
3and every one who is having this hope on him, doth purify himself, even as he is pure.

Peace.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes your right, Jesus does dwell in our hearts by the spirit of God, but there is no flesh in heaven.

Jesus said that flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God.

God and Christ are spirit. But anyway, I leave all that in Gods hands. I'm only flesh, and what I definitely know is that I need to do what's right before God in the here and now. And God will do with me what he will. In this lifetime and in the next.

There is a resurrected body of flesh and bones in Heaven, requiring no blood.

Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Luk 24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Act 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

LA

marhig

There is a resurrected body of flesh and bones in Heaven, requiring no blood.

Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Luk 24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Act 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

LA
I understand that very differently to you, but there's no point in saying what I believe here.

But, God is spirit, and when we leave our bodies we are spirit too as was Jesus. Jesus said father into your hands I commend my spirit, not my flesh. His spirit went back to God and his flesh went back to the dust.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I understand that very differently to you, but there's no point in saying what I believe here.

But, God is spirit, and when we leave our bodies we are spirit too as was Jesus. Jesus said father into your hands I commend my spirit, not my flesh. His spirit went back to God and his flesh went back to the dust.

No.

His flesh was immortalized in His resurrection.

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

2Co 5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

LA

marhig

No.

His flesh was immortalized in His resurrection.

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

2Co 5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

LA
Those verses aren't talking about when die LA but when we are born anew in God

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Those verses aren't talking about when die LA but when we are born anew in God

They have their similarities, however--

Php 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Logos reflections.........

Logos reflections.........

Funny how this whole Unitarian/Trinitarian is such an old and tiring debate subject,...while its rather clear beyond any objection that Jesus is the Son of God, and has a God and Father.....thru every book up thru Revelation. The primary con-fusion here is dividing Jesus up into a 100% God and 100% Man, if that is possible, decorate the 'hypostatic union' as you please. Since it is assumed a 'divine mystery', no one really understands it beyond some creedal definitions but these are perhaps inspiring for those who trust the relics of orthodoxy in worship of the Supernal Mystery. 3 heads are better than one they say.

At best our devotion to the Lord Jesus is in considering the religious life he lived, his religion itself. This would be the way or example he sets for all to follow after him, for how could it be otherwise, except that some would come after him and create a religion merely ABOUT him (or at his expense), forgetting perhaps the religion he lived and taught, and emphasizing more a 'belief-system' built upon him as more of an icon, or a mere allegorical figure whereby to translate some inner meaning and value, a redeemer god-man figure descending into matter to save souls caught in the web of illusion. Perhaps Jesus is more than our religious concepts and images pretend him to be. We could entertain any number of scenarios with the wonderful Son of Man mythos, and Son of God archetype, which is really a presentation of the soul's own descent into physical form, its living, death and rebirth back into the eternal Spirit, there to engage the adventure of eternal progress and ascension. Life goes on in cycles,....birth, death, rebirth,.....so goes the circle of infinity.

BTW,....Happy Holidays Everyone!

SonOfCaleb

The Trinity was established before the canon of scripture we know today was established.

The Bible Canon was closed towards the end of 1AD. The last book being added to the Christian Greek scriptures was Revelation which John wrote on the Island of Patmos close to the end of 1AD. No other books after 1AD are considered canon. The Muratorian Fragment is THE premier authoritative and oldest known source on the Bible Canon which itself is dated to late 2AD.
The Trinity was not accepted as Catholic dogma until the 4AD. Secondly the Trinity was completely UNKNOWN to the Jews and Christians of 1AD. Even the early so called Church fathers were barely familiar with the Trinity myth. So your claim is obviously false.

Status
Not open for further replies.