Jesus, Paul and the Law

MennoSota

How many times do you have to be told?
Paul was NOT rebuking the Galatians for obeying Jesus too much.
Paul was rebuking the Galatians for doing the old law's purification/ceremonial works.
Read Galatians. Just read it. I quoted just for your judiasing, works minded, spirit to read. Paul is condemning your works salvation teaching.

Robert Pate

Banned
How many times do you have to be told?
Paul was NOT rebuking the Galatians for obeying Jesus too much.
Paul was rebuking the Galatians for doing the old law's purification/ceremonial works.

The purification and ceremonial works are just one part of the law. The law can be found in the first 5 books of the Old Testament. James said that if you fail in one point of the law, you have failed the whole thing, James 2:10.

God's Truth

The purification and ceremonial works are just one part of the law. The law can be found in the first 5 books of the Old Testament. James said that if you fail in one point of the law, you have failed the whole thing, James 2:10.

Jesus fulfilled those purification/ceremonial works of the law they were about him.

As for you break on part you break all---I ALREADY EXPLAINED THAT YOU IN GREAT DETAIL.

Now answer the question:

If you break the law and sleep with your neighbor's wife, do you love your neighbor?

If you break the law and steal from your neighbor, is that the way you love?

Answer the questions.

Stop pretending you discuss and debate.

Show me that you are reading what I right and not merely a blind guide with no hope.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus fulfilled those purification/ceremonial works of the law they were about him.

As for you break on part you break all---I ALREADY EXPLAINED THAT YOU IN GREAT DETAIL.

Now answer the question:

If you break the law and sleep with your neighbor's wife, do you love your neighbor?

If you break the law and steal from your neighbor, is that the way you love?

Answer the questions.

Stop pretending you discuss and debate.

Show me that you are reading what I right and not merely a blind guide with no hope.

If you have been born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23, you will not do those things. If you try to live by rules, laws and religion you will do those things, simply because the law does not make one righteous, it makes one sin, Romans 7:8-12.

God's Truth

If you have been born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23, you will not do those things. If you try to live by rules, laws and religion you will do those things, simply because the law does not make one righteous, it makes one sin, Romans 7:8-12.

Just listen to yourself.

You said if you have been born again (saved) a person will not do those sins.

THAT IS WHAT OBEYING IS or you are not even saved to begin with.

You try to hard to demean Jesus' teachings to just some rules, just some law.

What you do is a major sin because Jesus' words are Spirit, they are life.

Robert Pate

Banned
Just listen to yourself.

You said if you have been born again (saved) a person will not do those sins.

THAT IS WHAT OBEYING IS or you are not even saved to begin with.

You try to hard to demean Jesus' teachings to just some rules, just some law.

What you do is a major sin because Jesus' words are Spirit, they are life.

You are not being honest with yourself. You should know that you cannot keep the law or the teachings of Jesus. You refuse to acknowledge the fact that you are a sinner. You are just like the rich young ruler. He could not come to the truth. You cannot come to the truth either.

MennoSota

No such thing.
The Galatians were observing special days and were talked into getting circumcised.
Paul's letter to the Galatians is clear. He very directly states we are saved by grace through faith. He states that no one is justified by the law.
Paul condemns your belief. Your position is very similar to people I have met from the Hebrew Roots cult, an offshoot of Herbert W Armstrong's heretical Church of God cult.
Any adopted child of God, whom God has given the gift of faith, will recognize your error. The rest will be condemned by your works based teaching and will fall short of God's Kingdom.

God's Truth

You are not being honest with yourself. You should know that you cannot keep the law or the teachings of Jesus. You refuse to acknowledge the fact that you are a sinner. You are just like the rich young ruler. He could not come to the truth. You cannot come to the truth either.

Read what Jesus says and believe.

oatmeal

The law is good and holy.

But Jesus Christ fulfilled the law.

As a result we are no longer under the law.

As Paul clearly stated by revelation in Galatians 2:21

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Righteousness does not come by the law, it comes by the work of Jesus Christ, then those who do Romans 10:9-10 receive that salvation, which is eternal life and righteousness.

Robert Pate

Banned
The law is good and holy.

But Jesus Christ fulfilled the law.

As a result we are no longer under the law.

As Paul clearly stated by revelation in Galatians 2:21

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Righteousness does not come by the law, it comes by the work of Jesus Christ, then those who do Romans 10:9-10 receive that salvation, which is eternal life and righteousness.

Now if you can get GT to believe it.

God's Truth

Paul's letter to the Galatians is clear. He very directly states we are saved by grace through faith. He states that no one is justified by the law.
Paul condemns your belief. Your position is very similar to people I have met from the Hebrew Roots cult, an offshoot of Herbert W Armstrong's heretical Church of God cult.
Any adopted child of God, whom God has given the gift of faith, will recognize your error. The rest will be condemned by your works based teaching and will fall short of God's Kingdom.

No one teaches exactly what I teach.
It is a shame that the Truth is rejected.