Jesus, Paul and the Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
what judgement? How can there be a judgement without the Law?

Didn't anybody tell you? No more judgement day because at the cross the Law was abolished...right? Or?

not all who cry out will be saved...even Satan believes and trusts His atonement is valid

Flesh is man in a fallen state in which he makes up religions to counterfeit and corrupt the Faith of Christ into merely faith in Him...

Man has plenty of religions...but He established His own and those that believe and follow establish not their own laws but His Law...we establish His Law...to be more like Him His Way...

Here are they that keep the commandments of Yah...and the faith of His Son...faith without His works is dead...do as He did

We do His work, keep His faith, follow His Way because we are saved...not to become saved

The lost are under the law and will be judged by the law. The law has been abolished, but only for the Christian.

clefty

The lost are under the law and will be judged by the law. The law has been abolished, but only for the Christian.

So Christians are lawless?

Doesn't sound at all like "here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF His Son..."

Or at all like "if you love me keep MY commandments"...I mean why would He divide His Fsther's house into two?

Robert Pate

Banned
So Christians are lawless?

Doesn't sound at all like "here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF His Son..."

Or at all like "if you love me keep MY commandments"...I mean why would He divide His Fsther's house into two?

All that are "In Christ" are perfect and complete in God's eyes, Colossians 2:10. If you live by the law or religion, you will be judged by the law and condemned, Galatians 3:10

clefty

All that are "In Christ" are perfect and complete in God's eyes, Colossians 2:10. If you live by the law or religion, you will be judged by the law and condemned, Galatians 3:10

Of course in Him we are perfect...is why it is with gratitude we WANT to keep the Law as He did and asked us too...

How else could you ever know you are made full in Him? Your fruit identify you as His...full in Him

"For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse"

Yup...happily we don't RELY on the works of the law...cuz when we do fail we have Him what He did and does and thus we are not cursed...

Robert Pate

Banned
Of course in Him we are perfect...is why it is with gratitude we WANT to keep the Law as He did and asked us too...

How else could you ever know you are made full in Him? Your fruit identify you as His...full in Him

"For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse"

Yup...happily we don't RELY on the works of the law...cuz when we do fail we have Him what He did and does and thus we are not cursed...

If God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" then why do you need laws and religion?

Living by the Spirit is not living according to laws and rules. This is why Paul said, "The Just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. We live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. Paul said that the law had been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. The reason that it was abolished is because it is contrary to us, Colossians 2:14. No one can keep it or do it. "The letter (law) kills, but the Spirit brings life, 2 Corinthians 3:6.

clefty

If God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" then why do you need laws and religion?
duh without those laws we would not need to be in Him...its those very laws that allow Him to be our covering as His Wrath passes over...

If the law was so expendable why not remove or change the Law before His Son HAD to die?

Living by the Spirit is not living according to laws and rules.
I like to play tennis not keep the rules of tennis...but the fun and spirit of the game is not to “keep da rules” but playing with someone who doesnt think the rules are in force is impossible...much less fun

This is why Paul said, "The Just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17.
yes exactly faith bearing works given and approved from above and not of this world

We live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. Paul said that the law had been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. The reason that it was abolished is because it is contrary to us, Colossians 2:14.

He didn’t abolish the price of admission He just payed if for you...the price remains...

Or else why did He not just remove the bill prior to payment?

No one can keep it or do it. "The letter (law) kills, but the Spirit brings life, 2 Corinthians 3:6.

Yup...no one can...a ministry that brought condemnation was glorious...”do this and live” but only temporarily and temporally...but now the Spirit brings a more glorious ministry of righteousness...which lasts FOREVER...

Again no one can keep it...but those who understand the charge against them has been removed...the debt paid...WANT to

Robert Pate

Banned
As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished, but only for believers. Those outside of Christ are under his wrath because they have not entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:1-13.

clefty

As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished, but only for believers. Those outside of Christ are under his wrath because they have not entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:1-13.

sin death and the devil are still around and He is not blind to it...is why we are to remain faithful until our end and the final end...not lose our hold on the trunk as grafted branches...

Robert Pate

Banned
sin death and the devil are still around and He is not blind to it...is why we are to remain faithful until our end and the final end...not lose our hold on the trunk as grafted branches...

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. All that have faith in Christ are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven. Our lives are hid with Christ in God, Colossians 3:3. We have been sealed with the Holy Spirit. There is no unsealing, once sealed always sealed, Ephesians 1:13. You don't have to hold on to anything. God will hold onto you.

marhig

Believe the apostle Paul, Romans 3:10. Righteousness is not by the law. Righteousness is by faith.
Read a bit further down in Romans 3, go down to verse 31

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

marhig

The law and the fact that we are natural born sinners is the problem.

Paul said that the law made him sin, Romans 7:7-12. This is why it is important to believe that we are free from the law. To be free from the law is to be free from sin.
How do those verses mean that the law made Paul sin? How do you get that from these verses?

Here they are

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

marhig

Paul said that the law made him sin. Did you read the scripture?

"But sin taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. FOR WITHOUT THE LAW SIN WAS DEAD" Romans 7:8.

Adam and Eve were very happy in the Garden until God said, "Don't eat of the tree" They didn't even know about the tree, but now the tree was of the utmost interest because God said "Don't eat of it". There is something in human nature when told not to do something we want to do it.

The law does not make anyone righteous. If anything it makes them want to sin.

Paul said that the law made him sin. Did you read the scripture?

"But sin taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. FOR WITHOUT THE LAW SIN WAS DEAD" Romans 7:8.

Adam and Eve were very happy in the Garden until God said, "Don't eat of the tree" They didn't even know about the tree, but now the tree was of the utmost interest because God said "Don't eat of it". There is something in human nature when told not to do something we want to do it.

The law does not make anyone righteous. If anything it makes them want to sin.

The verse you are quoting (above) means that without the law sin is dead, sin was dead because there are those who have never heard Gods law so they don't know sin and they don't know God, so they don't see that what they are doing is wrong before him. But Paul then said that once he heard the law, when the commandment came, sin revived and he died. Which is once he knew the laws they were putting sin to death in him, he was dying to self, that's what he means by he died.

Here in the chapter (below) shows us in Romans 5:13 that sin is not imputed when there is no law because without the law, we don't see how bad we are. So without the law, we don't truly know sin. That's why death reigned from Adam to Moses, because they didn't have the law. But those who had faith in God like Abraham we're righteous through their faith. But then Moses gave the laws, and they are good, but Christ takes us further and through faith in him and God and also by the grace of God we are then brought to life by the power of the Spirit.

Romans 5:12

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Paul even says this in Romans 7

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid.Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Then go to Romans 7:13

Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Paul says here that the law is not making him dead to God, but that the law showed him his sins, and the law showed him that sin works death in him, so that by commandment sin became more sinful. Because without the commandments of God, we don't see our sins we think we are ok.

The law brings death, in other words it puts us to death, once we abide by the laws we start to die to self. But the law doesn't bring life, we receive life through the Holy Spirit, which we receive through Christ. We receive the spirit through faith by the grace of God, and then the laws are written in our hearts and in our minds as we are taught by the Spirit within. But if we haven't got faith we are dead to God.

Also, it's not human nature that makes us want to sin, we lust after the flesh yes, but satan tempts us to do it, we aren't made to sin, we have a choice, obey satan and live by the will of our flesh, or obey God and live by his will and please him. And God helps us to overcome sin and this world through Christ Jesus by the power of the Spirit

But without the law, and without Christ living it out and showing us the way being our perfect example to follow, then we wouldn't have known any of this.

God's laws are good, and if we obey them we turn from sin, they don't make us sin. We sin because of our own lusts.

clefty

How do those verses mean that the law made Paul sin? How do you get that from these verses?

Here they are

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

He is the one who when he trips and falls he blames gravity and the ground...

clefty

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. All that have faith in Christ are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven. Our lives are hid with Christ in God, Colossians 3:3.

Which life? The one you had and died to or the new one transformed?

We have been sealed with the Holy Spirit. There is no unsealing, once sealed always sealed, Ephesians 1:13. You don't have to hold on to anything. God will hold onto you.

“For we are tHIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.”

Notice he is clear we SHOULD walk in them...NOT we WILL walk in them...

Now why SHOULD we walk in them? If there is no more law? If the Spirit leads us you would think we WILL walk in them...

Walk in what? Our former walk? What are these good works Yah prepared for us deforehand?

What are we created in Christ Jesus for?

clefty

The verse you are quoting (above) means that without the law sin is dead, sin was dead because there are those who have never heard Gods law so they don't know sin and they don't know God, so they don't see that what they are doing is wrong before him. But Paul then said that once he heard the law, when the commandment came, sin revived and he died. Which is once he knew the laws they were putting sin to death in him, he was dying to self, that's what he means by he died.

Here in the chapter (below) shows us in Romans 5:13 that sin is not imputed when there is no law because without the law, we don't see how bad we are. So without the law, we don't truly know sin. That's why death reigned from Adam to Moses, because they didn't have the law. But those who had faith in God like Abraham we're righteous through their faith. But then Moses gave the laws, and they are good, but Christ takes us further and through faith in him and God and also by the grace of God we are then brought to life by the power of the Spirit.

Romans 5:12

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Paul even says this in Romans 7

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid.Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Then go to Romans 7:13

Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Paul says here that the law is not making him dead to God, but that the law showed him his sins, and the law showed him that sin works death in him, so that by commandment sin became more sinful. Because without the commandments of God, we don't see our sins we think we are ok.

The law brings death, in other words it puts us to death, once we abide by the laws we start to die to self. But the law doesn't bring life, we receive life through the Holy Spirit, which we receive through Christ. We receive the spirit through faith by the grace of God, and then the laws are written in our hearts and in our minds as we are taught by the Spirit within. But if we haven't got faith we are dead to God.

Also, it's not human nature that makes us want to sin, we lust after the flesh yes, but satan tempts us to do it, we aren't made to sin, we have a choice, obey satan and live by the will of our flesh, or obey God and live by his will and please him. And God helps us to overcome sin and this world through Christ Jesus by the power of the Spirit

But without the law, and without Christ living it out and showing us the way being our perfect example to follow, then we wouldn't have known any of this.

God's laws are good, and if we obey them we turn from sin, they don't make us sin. We sin because of our own lusts.

Thanks for:

“strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. "We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God," they said.” Acts 14:22

May we stay true every moment of every day...to Him, His Faith, His Way...

Robert Pate

Banned
Which life? The one you had and died to or the new one transformed?

“For we are tHIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.”

Notice he is clear we SHOULD walk in them...NOT we WILL walk in them...

Now why SHOULD we walk in them? If there is no more law? If the Spirit leads us you would think we WILL walk in them...

Walk in what? Our former walk? What are these good works Yah prepared for us deforehand?

What are we created in Christ Jesus for?

We are created in Christ Jesus to be witnesses for him and his Gospel. Not to be saved. We are already saved.

clefty

We are created in Christ Jesus to be witnesses for him and his Gospel.

And how do we do that? Just talk and believe?

Not to be saved.
how about to stay saved you good with that? We do it because we already saved and because He said to follow Him as He lived...do this and live

We are already saved.

Oh you already understand...so how are you distinguished from those who are not saved?

I mean I drive on the left hand of the road not to get to England but because I already am. Right?

So if you claim you are in Him...is it enough you just cry out “Lord! Lord!” or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.