Jesus Is Not a God, He is The Only God.

marhig

The words of Jesus are always in red, Revelation 1:8 is in red. That was Jesus talking ma'am. Not a angel.

Jesus was speaking by the angel that which God has revealed to him. It clearly says that Jesus received his revelation from God. This in itself shows us that Jesus isn't God.

Also, it says that Jesus sent his angel, why send his angel? And what was his angel sent to do?

keypurr

Scripture say God came in flesh.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
No friend, manifest means he was made known in the flesh.
That son is not the Father. Unless you believe that the son came and dwelled in Jesus you will not be saved.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

If Jesus was not God in the flesh, why did people worship Jesus.? Surely they knew the Ten Commandments.
But....Back to Scriptures....

Scriptures say Jesus is God.

Titus 2:13 'Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;' KJV

Titus 2:13 'while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,' NIV

Just like me saying looking forward to the reply of TOL subscriber and friend, keypurr.

Don't mean you are two people, for you are one.!

Jesus is God.
They also worshipped King Saul, King David and others. Jesus is the Christ of God, not god.

keypurr

There was no punctuation when the scriptures were written, so it could be written like this

Our great God, and saviour Jesus Christ.

God was in Jesus, he was full of the holy spirit and in the express image of God, but he isn't the God Almighty, only the father is the Almighty God and Jesus said the the father is his God, and that the father is the only true God.

The apostles also said that God was the God of Jesus, saying

The God and father of our lord Jesus Christ.... Showing that God is the God of Jesus also.

And God anointed Jesus and he exhalted Christ to his right hand. So God is higher than Christ, it says the the Bible that the head of Christ is God.

There is one God, and one Mediator between man and God and that is Jesus Christ.

There is no such thing as three Gods in one, this is a false teaching concocted by a group of men 300 years after Jesus came.

Keypurr speaks the truth, there is one God and he is the father and Jesus is his son and he is the Christ, just as we are taught in the Bible, and also Jesus says this himself.

John 10

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

He said he is the son of God, there is no God the son in the Bible, no trinity, and nothing teaching us that we should worship a triune God to belong to God or to be saved. There is only one Almighty God, and he is the father, and he is also the God of Jesus Christ who is his holy anointed blessed son who always did what the father asked of him and because of this, God has exhalted him to the highest in heaven. He was the last on earth, but he is the first in heaven. And those that truly follow him will deny their flesh and this world and do the will of God being doers of the word and loving him with all their hearts.

Amen

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Rivers

A really good point. John said, "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

He probably made the heavens and the earth right after he was baptized.

There is no "heavens and earth" mentioned anywhere in the text of John 1:3 or the Prologue.

If you read the rest of the 4th Gospel, you'll discover that "all things" never refers to the Genesis creation but usually refers to what Jesus was given by God the Father to disclose to the disciples during his public ministry (John 3:35; John 4:25; John 5:20; John 13:3; John 15:15; John 16:15).

COGTHW

No friend, manifest means he was made known in the flesh.
That son is not the Father. Unless you believe that the son came and dwelled in Jesus you will not be saved.

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

5 'For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord;....'

keypurr

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

5 'For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord;....'

Read the verse you quoted. Christ is the IMAGE of God, not God.

If you want truth, get out of your church box.

Ben Masada

Jesus is Not a God; he is the Only God

Jesus is neither a god nor the only god; he is dead. Since according to his gospel aka the Tanach says that once dead, no one will ever return, there is no bodily resurrection. King David himself struggled in prayers to have his son cured and it never happened. When he, King David was informed that his son was dead, he stopped with his struggle to get his son back and went after his business. Asked why he would not mourn for his son, he said, "I will eventually go to him but he will never be back to me." (II Samuel 12:230; Psalm 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9) With that answer, he confirmed that indeed there is no resurrection.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no "heavens and earth" mentioned anywhere in the text of John 1:3 or the Prologue.

John gives an introduction to the man Jesus who before his human birth was God and with God. John identifies the Creator for us.

The beginning in John refers to the Creator of everything including humans. This is the basis of his ministry and his purchase of the church.

COGTHW

Read the verse you quoted. Christ is the IMAGE of God, not God.

If you want truth, get out of your church box.

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Jesus is God

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Matthew 3:1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

keypurr

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Jesus is God

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Matthew 3:1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Show me a verse where Jesus says he God. He is the anointed of God, the flesh son of God but he is not God. You fail to see the content of what is written. Open your mind and discover truth.

COGTHW

Show me a verse where Jesus says he God. He is the anointed of God, the flesh son of God but he is not God. You fail to see the content of what is written. Open your mind and discover truth.

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Why do you believe God will not Judge humans?

Rivers

John gives an introduction to the man Jesus who before his human birth was God and with God. John identifies the Creator for us.

There's nothing about "before his human birth" in John 1:1-3 either. How can we ever understand the passages when you add "birth" and "heavens and earth" into the text? Why not consider what the verses actually say? Let the biblical writer speak for himself.

The beginning in John refers to the Creator of everything including humans. This is the basis of his ministry and his purchase of the church.

There's no word "create" or "creator" in John 1:1-3 either. What version of the Bible are you using? According to the writer of the 4th Gospel himself, "the beginning" referred to the time when Jesus was doing public ministry with his disciples (John 6:64; John 8:25; John 15:27; John 16:24).

Last edited:

Rivers

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

The "Almighty" refers to God the Father in this text, just as it does all other 8 times the title is used in the book of Revelation. It is not referring to Jesus.

Rivers

What do you think "made all things" is referring to?

What did Jesus make at the beginning of his ministry?

The writer tells us what he meant in the Prologue itself. Please consider how the same language is used in these verses:

1. JOHN 1:3 ... "all things came [EGENETO] through [DIA] him"

2. JOHN 1:17 ... grace and truth came [EGENETO] through [DIA] Jesus Christ"

All this happened as a result of what Jesus was given by the Father to disclose to the people during his public ministry (John 3:35; John 4:25; John 5:20; John 15:15).