Jesus Is Not a God, He is The Only God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
All this happened as a result of what Jesus was given by the Father to disclose to the people during his public ministry (John 3:35; John 4:25; John 5:20; John 15:15).

John 1:30 NET This is the one about whom I said, 'After me comes a man who is greater than I am, because he existed before me.'

Since John was born before Jesus what did he do before John?

Did Jesus begin his ministry before John?

Rivers

John 1:30 NET This is the one about whom I said, 'After me comes a man who is greater than I am, because he existed before me.'

John the baptizer indicated what he meant in John 1:26 where he told the Jews that the man (Jesus) he was talking about was already "among" them before John was sent to announce his coming. This was John's interpretation of the prophecy in Isaiah 40:3-5 where the forerunner of the Messiah appears after the Lord is already on his way.

In the context of John 1, we see that there was confusion among the Jews about which of these men was "the true light" because John appeared in the wilderness first (John 1:7-9; John 1:19-24) and they did not understand that the Father intended for Jesus to "increase" beyond what John was doing (John 3:26-30).

keypurr

You ask great questions friend. The truth is Jesus the man was born after John, however, the spirit in Jesus was at the creation. That spirit is the true son whom God used to do the creating.

That's what I believe.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope, scripture say Jesus was born in Bethlehem.
The creation is the beginning.
God created all through his spirit son. Jesus was flesh.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Wrong again Keypurr.

1 John 1:1-3King James Version (KJV)

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

That which was from the beginning. That eternal life that was with the Father. Eternal means without beginning and without end.

2 Timothy 2:15King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. :poly:

keypurr

Wrong again Keypurr.

1 John 1:1-3King James Version (KJV)

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

That which was from the beginning. That eternal life that was with the Father. Eternal means without beginning and without end.

2 Timothy 2:15King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. :poly:
Your text only prove my point BR.

Christ, the express image is the spiritual son that dwelled in Jesus as noted in Heb 10:5.

Who was there a body prepared for my friend? Hint: Christ, the first of all creation, firstborn of all creatures.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your text only prove my point BR.

Christ, the express image is the spiritual son that dwelled in Jesus as noted in Heb 10:5.

Who was there a body prepared for my friend? Hint: Christ, the first of all creation, firstborn of all creatures.

My text proves my point but you are too stubborn to see it. Christ is not the first of all creation. He is eternal. Study Keypurr, study

keypurr

My text proves my point but you are too stubborn to see it. Christ is not the first of all creation. He is eternal. Study Keypurr, study

Think BR.

To be an IMAGE there has to be something to be an IMAGE of. In other words, God was alone and created his express Image. So the image was the first of all creation. Col 1:15. Heb 1:3.

Can you name any image that is not a copy of something that existed before it?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Think BR.

To be an IMAGE there has to be something to be an IMAGE of. In other words, God was alone and created his express Image. So the image was the first of all creation. Col 1:15. Heb 1:3.

Can you name any image that is not a copy of something that existed before it?

Think Keypurr! What does the "express" image mean?

Reactions: Lon

Rivers

Think Keypurr! What does the "express" image mean?

We shouldn't insist on emphasizing the translation of XARACTHR as "express image" because the Greek term only appears in this passage, except for a couple of verses in Leviticus 23 where it simply means a "scar" or "mark" on someone's skin.

The word "express" is added by the translators and isn't even necessary. Using "image" is also somewhat misleading because this is not the same word (EIKON) that is translated "image" almost everywhere else in the scriptures (including Colossians 1:15).

keypurr

We shouldn't insist on emphasizing the translation of XARACTHR as "express image" because the Greek term only appears in this passage, except for a couple of verses in Leviticus 23 where it simply means a "scar" or "mark" on someone's skin.

The word "express" is added by the translators and isn't even necessary. Using "image" is also somewhat misleading because this is not the same word (EIKON) that is translated "image" almost everywhere else in the scriptures (including Colossians 1:15).
Don't trust the Greek, go to the Aramaic.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think Christ will judge us all.

I agree, and you have just proven that Jesus is God.

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honorable among all and the bed undefiled, but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

We know that all judgment has been deferred to the Son and that the Father does not judge humans.

Good job.

keypurr

I agree, and you have just proven that Jesus is God.

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honorable among all and the bed undefiled, but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

We know that all judgment has been deferred to the Son and that the Father does not judge humans.

Good job.

Not so Jamie for all power was GIVEN to him by his God.

One should not jump to the wrong conclusions.

marhig

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

To be made manifest means to show clearly, and God was shown clearly in Jesus Christ, because Jesus was in the express image of God. God was seen in his fullness through him, because Jesus had the full power of the holy spirit. But Jesus is not God, there is only one God and that is the father and Jesus Christ is his son. Just as it says in the Bible. Keypurr isn't saying anything foolish at all. He's saying what's in the Bible

There is no triune God in the Bible, no God the son, nothing that says that we must believe in a trinity. Jesus says that life eternal is to know YOU ( the father) the only true God and Jesus Christ whom YOU have sent.

So it's more foolish to believe in a trinity than to believe what Jesus himself said, that God is his God and father and that the father is the only true God.

I Corinthians 8

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Why-O-U

Genesis 1:26 KJV
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"

Every person is biologically three. Two parents and one self. Every self is within the biological parameters which make them human. Each parent is biologically human and biologically their child and biologically individual. Every person is each parent and their human self simultaneously.

In a similar way, God is the Holy Spirit is Jesus just as Jesus is God is the Holy Spirit.