Jesus Is Not a God, He is The Only God.

marhig

Genesis 1:26 KJV
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"

Every person is biologically three. Two parents and one self. Every self is within the biological parameters which make them human. Each parent is biologically human and biologically their child and biologically individual. Every person is each parent and their human self simultaneously.

In a similar way, God is the Holy Spirit is Jesus just as Jesus is God is the Holy Spirit.
But I'm not my mother, and I'm not my father.

God and Christ are one in heart, mind and nature, Christ is in the express image and likeness of God, but that doesn't mean that he is God, but at one with him. And once we are born of God we are at one with them and we show the image of Christ in and through us.

Why-O-U

But I'm not my mother, and I'm not my father.

God and Christ are one in heart, mind and nature, Christ is in the express image and likeness of God, but that doesn't mean that he is God, but at one with him. And once we are born of God we are at one with them and we show the image of Christ in and through us.

You are both your mother and father and you are also your own self. You are also all three singularly human and individuals. You are either Adam or Eve. Christ is God and not Adam. We look the same as Jesus because Man was made in God's image.

To take the biology of your mother from you or your father would mean you are not you. You would not exist. If the fundamental biology contributed by each parent to form you, ie the genetic makeup which causes you to biologically be as you are, were taken from either parent they would cease to be too.

marhig

You are both your mother and father and you are also your own self. You are also all three singularly human and individuals. You are either Adam or Eve. Christ is God and not Adam. We look the same as Jesus because Man was made in God's image.

To take the biology of your mother from you or your father would mean you are not you. You would not exist. If the fundamental biology contributed by each parent to form you, ie the genetic makeup which causes you to biologically be as you are, were taken from either parent they would cease to be too.

We are only in God's image once we have the holy spirit in our hearts. We are dead to God without it. With the holy spirit we are the image of God and Christ.

Naturally, I look like my mother, very much so. So much so that people look twice, but I'm not her.

Jesus is in the express image of God, but he isn't God. I understand what you are saying, and I do agree. But what I don't agree with is that Jesus is God, the Bible contradicts this right through the new testament. Including Jesus saying that God is his God

But yes, Jesus, the father and the Holy spirit are one in nature, image, likeness etc. But they are not the same being and God the father is greater than all.

I'm just in my way out, I'll answer any more posts later :)

Why-O-U

I appreciate that you have an understanding of what I was trying to describe but it doesn't appear to be the understanding of what I was trying to describe.

Naturally, I look like my mother, very much so. So much so that people look twice, but I'm not her.

To write that in the context of what I wrote is like writing "I am born to humanity but I am not human."

I'll try a different tact.

The Father is not the Father without the Son. The Father without the Son is simply God. The Son also requires the Father for Him to be the Son. Without the Father, the Son is simply God. The Son is the only begotten Son. Unless God has a Daughter not yet revealed or a Son he has made then without Jesus, the Father is not the Father, but is God.

Being Begotten means that Jesus is God's (for want of a better word because I don't know a word to describe God's body) "flesh". He has no Mother (I disagree with the Catholic views about Mary) so He is entirely God. He is less than the Father because He is begotten, the Father is not begotten, there are things the Father doesn't reveal to Him (as written in the bible), he is not Good, there is only one who is Good, but Jesus is God.

COGTHW

I appreciate that you have an understanding of what I was trying to describe but it doesn't appear to be the understanding of what I was trying to describe.

To write that in the context of what I wrote is like writing "I am born to humanity but I am not human."

I'll try a different tact.

The Father is not the Father without the Son. The Father without the Son is simply God. The Son also requires the Father for Him to be the Son. Without the Father, the Son is simply God. The Son is the only begotten Son. Unless God has a Daughter not yet revealed or a Son he has made then without Jesus, the Father is not the Father, but is God.

Being Begotten means that Jesus is God's (for want of a better word because I don't know a word to describe God's body) "flesh". He has no Mother (I disagree with the Catholic views about Mary) so He is entirely God. He is less than the Father because He is begotten, the Father is not begotten, there are things the Father doesn't reveal to Him (as written in the bible), he is not Good, there is only one who is Good, but Jesus is God.

Jesus is God or a God.? And do you believe in 3 or 1.?

Why-O-U

or a Son he has made then without Jesus, the Father is not the Father, but is God.

I was so focused in thought on the relationship between the Son and the Father that I forgot to consider how we're the Father's children. It doesn't change the meaning in the post but it's a minor distraction. :)

Rivers

Every person is biologically three. Two parents and one self. Every self is within the biological parameters which make them human. Each parent is biologically human and biologically their child and biologically individual. Every person is each parent and their human self simultaneously.

In a similar way, God is the Holy Spirit is Jesus just as Jesus is God is the Holy Spirit.

This analogy isn't reasonable. Nobody considers him-SELF to be his "parents."

Paul explained the relationship of God and holy spirit in 1 Corinthians 2:11 where he likened it to the relationship of a man and his spirit. Although human beings possess a "spirit" (like God does), nobody considers that human "spirit" to be a different "self" or "person."

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not so Jamie for all power was GIVEN to him by his God.

One should not jump to the wrong conclusions.

The Father assigned all judgment to the Son. The Son is only judging believers, not unbelievers at this time.

Paul said, "I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom..." (2 Timothy 4:1)

Who will appear? Who will sit on David's throne?

Like the word "human" the word "God" is a generic term. There is more than one human being just as there is more than one God being.

Jesus said that those born of the Spirit are Spirit. Since the Son is now invisible we can rule out him being human. So is the Son now an angelic being?

The word "angel" is a generic term, there are many angels and they each have a name. But angels aren't God.

If the Son is not human and not an angel what is he? What is he who judges?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

This analogy isn't reasonable. Nobody considers him-SELF to be his "parents."
I agree.
While one person can be both a father and a son, one person cannot be a father or son to himself.

Notaclue

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom.1:22. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Col.1:12 giving thanks unto the Father, who made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light;
13who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of his love;
14in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins:
15who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;
16for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him;
17and he is before all things, and in him all things consist.
18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

the firstborn of all creation;

the firstborn from the dead.

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator.

Peace.

keypurr

The Father assigned all judgment to the Son. The Son is only judging believers, not unbelievers at this time.

Paul said, "I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom..." (2 Timothy 4:1)

Who will appear? Who will sit on David's throne?

Like the word "human" the word "God" is a generic term. There is more than one human being just as there is more than one God being.

Jesus said that those born of the Spirit are Spirit. Since the Son is now invisible we can rule out him being human. So is the Son now an angelic being?

The word "angel" is a generic term, there are many angels and they each have a name. But angels aren't God.

If the Son is not human and not an angel what is he? What is he who judges?
Angels were created through the son. The son is very special. He is the ONLY EXPRESS IMAGE of God. He is the only one given the fullness of the Father. He is much more than an Angel my friend. He is the Lord of all creation, only his God holds a higher position than him.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

COGTHW

Rom.1:22. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Col.1:12 giving thanks unto the Father, who made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light;
13who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of his love;
14in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins:
15who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;
16for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him;
17and he is before all things, and in him all things consist.
18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

the firstborn of all creation;

the firstborn from the dead.

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator.

Peace.

It is only One, that One True God is Jesus the Christ. Not the flesh of Jesus. Cause God is not a man, but a Spirit. But the name of that Spirit is Jesus.

Come against it and I will cut you deep with the Holy Scripture.

-One God prophet

Read before you say I worship a man, a fool am I not.

keypurr

Read before you say I worship a man, a fool am I not.
Close but, the Christ of God is not God.

John 17:3 is very clear who the only true God is.

Christ was always a spirit being, even when he dwelled in Jesus. He spoke and worked through the body God prepared for him to bring enlighten to the world. God was not really in Jesus, he sent his true son to take the form of man.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app