Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

God's Truth

There is only one God upheld in Islam, and Jesus in the koran can only likewise be a servant, messenger, prophet and messiah, of that One God. There is no other 'God' in reality besides what one assumes.

That Jesus is presented somewhat differently in the koran than the NT, doesnt make that presentation false by affiliation. The koran affirms the revelation of God in the torah and the gospels but does not accept changes, additions or embellishments added to those writings, holding to its own interpretation as the promised fulfilment of prophetic revelation thru Mohammed.

Millions of muslims love their religion, its culture, traditions, scriptures, etc.....as do other faiths. The Abrahamic religions all come from the same root-tradition, and assumably the same 'God'.

You have a little 'god' who cannot keep its writings protected and exactly as it wants.

My God is the creator and knows exactly what would be in the Holy Bible.

I do not speak against the Qur'an or its Prophet.

You, however, speak against the Holy Bible calling it changed, added to and embellished.

Shame on you.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That Jesus is presented somewhat differently in the koran than the NT,
Somewhat????
It's like night and day.

Millions of muslims love their religion, its culture, traditions, scriptures, etc.....as do other faiths.
Yes, millions unsaved because they believe in another Jesus than the Holy Scriptures reveal.
Right along with a bunch of other pagan religions.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What is irony is that you say here that you were not saved until you repented of your sins. That is what I preach here and others go against me for it.

Whoops, guess I left out the most important part. Allow me to insert what I forgot:

When I went up to the front of the class, I placed my faith in Jesus, then repented. Yes, in that order.

You prove you believe in what Jesus taught when he walked the earth; you prove you believe in one gospel; you prove we have to obey to be saved, but as lifeisgood does, do you deny it too?

Incorrect. See above.

By the way, I don't place myself under the old law, I have the law written on my heart and mind. That is something not done until the New Covenant.

You place yourself under a law, new or old, internal or external.

By the way, GT, I asked you, rather nicely, about your story. Could you respond to that?

Oh, and I'm still waiting for you to show where in scripture the dietary law was repealed.

God's Truth

Whoops, guess I left out the most important part. Allow me to insert what I forgot:

When I went up to the front of the class, I placed my faith in Jesus, then repented. Yes, in that order.

Incorrect. See above.

You place yourself under a law, new or old, internal or external.

By the way, GT, I asked you, rather nicely, about your story. Could you respond to that?

Oh, and I'm still waiting for you to show where in scripture the dietary law was repealed.

You are like lifeisgood...sounds like you both did what Jesus says we are to do...you believed and repented of your sins. The problem I think you both have is that you let yourselves get ensnared with false doctrines and won't consider what the words of God say that oppose your beliefs.

I am not going to tell my testimony here. I get trampled on as it is.

The dietary law is old covenant. I gave you many scriptures proving it.

God's Truth

That's not what I asked.

I asked, "are you now saying that you don't ever lie?"

I already answered you.

Let's talk about the scriptures and not about me personally.

I don't believe anyone here would not use whatever they could against me anyway.

I am already lied about.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You are like lifeisgood...sounds like you both did what Jesus says we are to do...you believed and repented of your sins.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with repenting after believing.

But repenting alone does not one save.

The problem I think you both have is that you let yourselves get ensnared with false doctrines and won't consider what the words of God say that oppose your beliefs.

No, GT, the problem is that you can't accept God's grace, but instead try to work for your salvation.

I am not going to tell my testimony here. I get trampled on as it is.

So, you request to hear other people's testimonies, but refuse to provide your own?

That's called hypocrisy, hypocrite.

The dietary law is old covenant. I gave you many scriptures proving it.

You did no such thing. The verses you provided did not say that the dietary law was repealed.

I am asking not for verses that do not say that the dietary law was repealed, but for verses that do say the dietary law was repealed.

You have not provided the verses I'm asking for.

And you can't, because they don't exist. The dietary law was never repealed.

I already answered you.

No, GT, you responded to my post, but you did not answer my question.

I asked, "Are you now saying that you don't ever lie?"

Let's talk about the scriptures and not about me personally.

Hypocrite.

I don't believe anyone here would not use whatever they could against me anyway.

I am already lied about.

72978cf4b91cd8b1d5173c3db79d7bbb.jpg

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You will not find out anything much from me concerning my personal life.

I don't think you are interested anyway in any way that is good.
blah blah blah

Just say what I said was right.
Easy peasy, no need for all the filler.
Saying you are doing housework is not some big personal secret.
It's a common thing to do.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Reasoning our assumptions......

Reasoning our assumptions......

Somewhat????
It's like night and day.

What differences concern you most? And whats the difference between those differences that really even matter, beyond your own opinion? Moreover, you'd have to prove you have an accurate or true version of Jesus, which you cant beyond conjecture.

Yes, millions unsaved because they believe in another Jesus than the Holy Scriptures reveal.
Right along with a bunch of other pagan religions.

If following the current trajectory, Islam is projected by some to become a larger population than Christianity in the near or far future.

As far as what religion is true, that is personal opinion and a faith-claim which doesn't necessarily make an exclusive truth-claim true. Since truth is universal, it is mirrored and expressed thru multiple symbols, archetypes and templates.

My first post here and many posts following still holds, positing that since God is a universal and infinite presence, there is universal value and meanings within all religious traditions that have been inspired or enlightened by the infinite Spirit.

The Bible is not the sole arbiter or custodian of truth, since many other religious writings are discovered to be inspiring and enlightening as well. I've given the reasons for my opinions and hypotheses, per my usual custom. Any are free to challenge or discuss the propositions shared.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You have a little 'god' who cannot keep its writings protected and exactly as it wants.

A presumption of your own with no evidence.

My God is the creator and knows exactly what would be in the Holy Bible.

Evidence? Such is only 'assumed' by faith. At best you can only say "I believe such".

I do not speak against the Qur'an or its Prophet.

You, however, speak against the Holy Bible calling it changed, added to and embellished.

Readers can properly read my commentary on the Bible. Can you prove the Bible is perfect, inerrant, infallible, unmodified and final?

Shame on you.

I have nothing to be ashamed of.

God's Truth

There's absolutely nothing wrong with repenting after believing.

But repenting alone does not one save.

I am glad that you see you have to repent and believe that Jesus' blood washes away your sins.

No, GT, the problem is that you can't accept God's grace, but instead try to work for your salvation.

Jesus' words are wonderful, it is Spirit, it is life, there is nothing else I would rather do.

So, you request to hear other people's testimonies, but refuse to provide your own?

That's called hypocrisy, hypocrite.

No, it is something you said you wanted to do, and you knew I would not try to demean you, as you do me.

You did no such thing. The verses you provided did not say that the dietary law was repealed.
All the purification/ceremonial works are no more since Jesus died on the cross.

I am asking not for verses that do not say that the dietary law was repealed, but for verses that do say the dietary law was repealed.

You have not provided the verses I'm asking for.

And you can't, because they don't exist. The dietary law was never repealed.

I have given you many scriptures but you deny the truth.

No, GT, you responded to my post, but you did not answer my question.

I asked, "Are you now saying that you don't ever lie?"

Hypocrite.

You are a false accuser. Where do you get that from?

So you must be a liar then, since you are so sure I am?

I guess you went through the trouble to get that picture so you are going to spam it now.

God's Truth

A presumption of your own with no evidence.

Evidence? Such is only 'assumed' by faith. At best you can only say "I believe such".

Readers can properly read my commentary on the Bible. Can you prove the Bible is perfect, inerrant, infallible, unmodified and final?

I have nothing to be ashamed of.

Jesus tells us how we can know. He reveals himself to certain people.