Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

popsthebuilder

It's amazing that you think 1 John 4:1-6 KJV supports you're acceptance of the koran.
Let me make it a little more obvious for you;

1 John 4: 2. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God:

Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

(Guess what book confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh; I'll give you a hint; the Quran)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Don't bother pitying me. I have found the Lord you continue to seek.

Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:​

False brethren are common. They profess they know God, but by their words they deny Him. "The Father is the Son", "The Christ is the Spirit"........They lead people to unholy texts and call them sacred. They are easily offended.....

Titus 1:9-16 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:

11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, the Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.

13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.​

Silly old lady.

Don't you know that Christ is within the believer?

If you had found the Lord then it would be observable through your words as opposed to your broad baseless assertions and unsupportable accusations coupled with blatant negativity.

Did Christ teach you to be such a proficient accuser?

Rhetorical.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

(Guess what book confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh; I'll give you a hint; the Quran)

God came in the flesh is what it means and islam doesn't believe it, just like you. The words I highlighted are telling you that you don't hear God's word.

popsthebuilder

God came in the flesh is what it means and islam doesn't believe it, just like you. The words I highlighted are telling you that you don't hear God's word.
Guess who just added to sacred texts in order to support their little personal opinion.

(it was you)

glorydaz

I'll bet they don't say that Christ was God before He came in the flesh. :chuckle:

glorydaz

Silly old lady.

Don't you know that Christ is within the believer?

If you had found the Lord then it would be observable through your words as opposed to your broad baseless assertions and unsupportable accusations coupled with blatant negativity.

Did Christ teach you to be such a proficient accuser?

Rhetorical.

Silly old man. Don't you know only little girls use the word "silly". :chuckle:

Have you entered your second childhood?

If so, you should know that old saying about pointing fingers have four more pointing back at 'ya. :banana:

glorydaz

Correct; and even so Jesus as a devout monotheistic Jewish man could also by definition be a 'muslim' since a 'muslim' is one who lives a life of submission to God's will, committed to the word and way of the One and Only true God, who is one ('echad').

Jesus in the view of Islam is a special prophet and messenger of the One 'God' (Allah, Elohim, Yahweh)....the 'God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob'. It could be well argued from a traditional Abrahmic monotheistic perspective that the Islamic view of Jesus is a more proper presentation of Jesus faith before he was transmorphed into the god-man of Orthodox Christian creed and legend ;)

The fundamental precept of Islam being 'submission to God' ....submitting to the doing of Gods will....is integral to monotheism. An authentic christian who also has his roots in the Abrahmic faith-tradition would wholeheartedly agree with this.

Oh, you mean the Jews who crucified the Lord of Glory when He came, and were without knowledge of God's righteousness. Gotcha.

Hey pops, he speaking your language. Get your prayer rug and bow down to Allah. :wave:

popsthebuilder

I'll bet they don't say that Christ was God before He came in the flesh. :chuckle:
Just keep that blind assumption coming.

It is your specialty.

Why would it say that the Spirit of GOD wasn't GOD until being made manifest.
That makes no sense.

Oh wait; that's right; you consider Christ to be a wholly separate and different spirit from GOD almighty.

popsthebuilder

No, he didn't. Once again you are a false accuser of the brethren. You should stop that. :shocked:
No he specifically added to the text what is not plainly stated or insinuated.

You should be able to see that seeing as how you think Christ is a different spirit from GOD.

God's Truth

Then stop verbally abusing people, and stop your obsession with the Father being the Son.

You believe that Jesus is God and came from heaven.

I believe Jesus is God and came from heaven.

You just don't explain it correctly, and you go against the scriptures that show us.

God's Truth

Just keep that blind assumption coming.

It is your specialty.

Why would it say that the Spirit of GOD wasn't GOD until being made manifest.
That makes no sense.

Oh wait; that's right; you consider Christ to be a wholly separate and different spirit from GOD almighty.

The Qur'an says the Holy Spirit is the angel Gabriel.

The Bible says the Holy Spirit is God.

God's Truth

Oh really?

What surah please?

[Quran 2:97] Say, "Anyone who opposes Gabriel should know that he has brought down this (Quran) into your heart, in accordance with God's will, confirming previous scriptures, and providing guidance and good news for the believers."

[Quran 16:102] Say, "The Holy Spirit has brought it (Quran) down from your Lord, truthfully, to assure those who believe, and to provide a beacon and good news for the submitters."

[Quran 26:192] This (Quran) is a revelation from the Lord of the universe.
[Quran 26:193] The Honest Spirit (Gabriel) came down with it.

popsthebuilder

[Quran 2:97] Say, "Anyone who opposes Gabriel should know that he has brought down this (Quran) into your heart, in accordance with God's will, confirming previous scriptures, and providing guidance and good news for the believers."

[Quran 16:102] Say, "The Holy Spirit has brought it (Quran) down from your Lord, truthfully, to assure those who believe, and to provide a beacon and good news for the submitters."

[Quran 26:192] This (Quran) is a revelation from the Lord of the universe.
[Quran 26:193] The Honest Spirit (Gabriel) came down with it.
Funny lady!

We talked about that; the parenthesis being additions

There are three verses that mention Gabriel, none of which claim Gabriel is the Holy Spirit of GOD.

And even if it did; GOD is represented by an angel of the Lord remember?

2:97. Say, ‘He who is an enemy to Gabriel, because it is he who has brought down this (Qur’ân) on your heart by the command of Allâh, and which confirms (the Scriptures) which preceded it, and is a guidance and good tidings to the believers,

2:98. ‘(Let him bear in mind that) whoever is an enemy to Allâh and His angels and His Messengers and Gabriel and Michael, then, of course, Allâh (Himself) is an enemy to such disbelievers.’

66:4. If both of you women (-âishah and Hafsah) turn to Allâh repentant, (He will accept your repentance) for your hearts are already inclined (to God). But if you abet (each other) against him (- the Prophet), (then bear in mind) Allâh is his helper as also Gabriel and the righteous among the believers and further more all the angels are also his helpers.

popsthebuilder

GT, you are trying very hard, but I promise you it will not avail you one bit.

You won't believe me, but you will eventually believe the Truth.

I just hope you don't think of tomorrow but of today.

God's Truth

Funny lady!

Stop trying to degrade me.

Your doing that shows you are not speaking truth from God.

We talked about that; the parenthesis being additions

Take out the parenthesis then. I still show you that your book says Gabriel is the Holy Spirit.

There are three verses that mention Gabriel, none of which claim Gabriel is the Holy Spirit of GOD.

And even if it did; GOD is represented by an angel of the Lord remember?

2:97. Say, ‘He who is an enemy to Gabriel, because it is he who has brought down this (Qur’ân) on your heart by the command of Allâh, and which confirms (the Scriptures) which preceded it, and is a guidance and good tidings to the believers,

2:98. ‘(Let him bear in mind that) whoever is an enemy to Allâh and His angels and His Messengers and Gabriel and Michael, then, of course, Allâh (Himself) is an enemy to such disbelievers.’

2:92 says WITHOUT PARENTHESIS that Gabriel brought down on your heart... THEN 16:102 says the Holy Spirit brought it down.

You can't get out of it. Accept the truth and stop demeaning and stop denying.