Is Jesus God?

_000_

BANNED
Banned
Never demand something from someone
to which you cannot or will not do your own self.

That is the behavior of a hypocrite.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus is God over everyone but His Father.

Who among you do not believe it?

Anyone?
There is only one GOD - Father, Son, Holy Spirit - of which each have a role to perform.
The Son is not a different GOD from the Father but does have a different role at times.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Incorrect.
There are things my husband can do that I cannot do, so I ask for him to do things that I cannot do.
That does not make me a hypocrite.

You should put away your bumper-sticker sayings and try to think logically.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
When you or anyone else finds an error or a flaw with it

Then I will defend it.

Have you never heard of onus probandi?

Here is the original question.

What say you? If not, why not?

You then made the assertion:

Jesus is God over everyone but His Father.

Who among you do not believe it?

Anyone?

So it is on you to prove it.

Then you're a hypocrite, because you, asserting a position, are refusing to defend your position, yet demanding everyone else attack it.

Here, see this post for my position.
Yes, Jesus is God.

Here are a few reasons that tell us that He is.

First of all, where the Old Testament has God's prophets saying "Thus saith the LORD," not once in the New testament is that phrase found. Instead, it is replaced with Jesus saying "I say unto you."

Which leads into the next reason:

Whereas all of the prophets and writers of the Old Testament pointed to God with everything they said and did, in the New Testament, Jesus' entire message was about, no, not the Father (whom most people consider God anyways; in fact, it's almost undisputed that the Father is God), but HIMSELF! (More on this can be found at kgov.com/deity)

The next is that the standard for establishing a matter is "two or three witnesses." We find this standard throughout the Bible, meaning it must be pretty important. So what about the matter of if God is righteous? If He created all things, and everything that exists was made by Him (barring Himself of course), then He would have been alone for all of eternity past, which raises the question, "How does God know He is righteous?" The answer lies in Euthyphro's dilemma, which asks whether God is good because he recognizes it as good (which would imply a standard above God, making God "not God"), or that God is good because he commands it to be good (or, as Socrates put it, because God likes it). The answer is that God is good because each of the three Members of the trinity can affirm that neither of the other two Persons have ever wronged the one or the other. God is literally three Witnesses to His righteousness, which establishes that because He IS good, everything He does is good. (More on this can be found at kgov.com/euthyphro)

The last reason we have that Jesus is God is the number three (3).

"Three" is found literally everywhere in nature: three basic states of matter (solid, liquid, gas), three sub-atomic particles that make up the atom (proton, neutron, electron), three words used to tell time (past, present, future) and three words to tell "when" (before, during, after), there is a word for a series (of movies, books, etc) of three (trilogy) but not for any other number. Man is body, soul, and spirit. Earth is the third planet from Sol. Jonah was in the belly of the fish for three days, and Jesus, who began His ministry (which lasted for three years) at 30 years of age, was in the tomb for three days. Israel's three patriarchs are Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The priestly tribe of Levi is from Jacob's third child. Leviticus (named after Levi) is the third book in the Bible. The day the law was given, about three thousand men were killed, but the day the Spirit was given, about three thousand were saved. The Hebrew Scriptures are comprised of three sections: The Law, The Prophets, and The Writings. (More on this can be found at kgov.com/three)

All of these things point to Jesus as being God.
That is how you assert a position, and then provide defense for it.

Otherwise, people will not engage you.

Have you heard of Hitchen's Razor?

Hitchens's razor is an epistemological razor asserting that the burden of proof regarding the truthfulness of a claim lies with the one who makes the claim, and if this burden is not met, the claim is unfounded, and its opponents need not argue further in order to dismiss it.

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchens's_razor

_000_

BANNED
Banned
Incorrect.
There are things my husband can do that I cannot do, so I ask for him to do things that I cannot do.
That does not make me a hypocrite.

You should put away your bumper-sticker sayings and try to think logically.

The Lord God be the judge between you and I.
Winner takes all.
amen

You and your husband are joined together as one.

You lose.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Lord God be the judge between you and I.
Winner takes all.
amen

You and your husband are joined together as one.

You lose.
Ahh, more bumper-sticker talk.

This statement of yours is still incorrect.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You will have to prove it to God not me.
Truth is truth whether I prove it to anyone.

This statement of yours is still untrue.

That is the behavior of a hypocrite

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Please post any flaws or errors you can find in this statement.

Jesus is God over everyone except His Father.
John 17:11 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. Your question has been answered. Now what do you have to say?

_000_

BANNED
Banned
And if you need to see it in the bible..

find the verse where Jesus stated my Father is greater than I.

_000_

BANNED
Banned
John 17:11 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. Your question has been answered. Now what do you have to say?

I do not have to say anything.

God is going to judge this between you and I.

You have to prove your point to God not me.

I have already made my case to the Lord God.

You can read it for I posted it here on this forum.

_000_

BANNED
Banned
So for \\none of you have found an error or a flaw in anything i have stated,

Not 1.

I think I will win this argument before the Lord God.