Is Jesus God?

john w

Hall of Fame
And simply answered that God has the power to manifest Himself in the flesh whenever He chooses, including when He comes in the clouds and sets foot upon the earth again. There's no necessity to maintain a physical form in the meantime. God is fully and properly Spirit and doesn't need a physical form for existence.

If I had a car that I intended to use ten years from now I would have to store it in a garage... because I cannot manifest that car from thin air when I choose. But surely you wouldn't insist on putting such a limitation on God? Do you allow for God (as a Spirit) to manifest in the flesh when he chooses?

No, the Lord Jesus Christ, in "the third heaven," is a man, right now-the mediator has to be a man...
1 Timothy 2:5 KJV
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Survey Hebrews 6:20 KJV. Hebrews 7:25 KJV.... The Lord Jesus Christ is a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. In order to be a priest, the Lord Jesus Christ has to be a man; a spirit cannot be a priest after the order of Melchizedek,and if the Lord Jesus Christ is not a man now, He could not hold His priesthood, and He could not be forever interceding for the lost.

Colossians 2 KJV

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Acts 17 KJV
31 because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Read it....believe it...a future day...."that man."

Last edited:

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]You are my son[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Christ was adopted by the Father to be His son.

Psalm 2:7
I will proclaim the Lord’s decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your father.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
Mark 1:11
And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
Luke 3:22
and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
Acts 13:33
he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus. As it is written in the second Psalm: “‘You are my son; today I have become your father.’
Hebrews 1:5
[ The Son Superior to Angels ] For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father”? Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son”?
Hebrews 5:5
In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father.”

John 10:36
what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"today"[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I have become your father[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 Samuel 7:14
I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands.

1 Chronicles 17:13
I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor.

1 Chronicles 22:10
He is the one who will build a house for my Name. He will be my son, and I will be his father. And I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.’
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What does the Greek word begotten mean?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

It is claimed that Arian arguments that used texts that refer to Christ as God's "only begotten Son" are based on a misunderstanding of the Greek word monogenēs and that the Greek word does not mean "begotten" in the sense we beget children but means "having no peer, or, unique".

Monogenes has two primary definitions, "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship" and "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind."[/FONT]

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One third are not sinless.

From Gotquestions.org

While there is no verse that says "a third of the angels fell from heaven," some verses, when put together, lead us to that conclusion. Sometime after their creation, and most certainly after the sixth day when everything was declared “very good” (Genesis 1:31), Satan rebelled and was cast out of heaven. “How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!” (Isaiah 14:12). Jesus said, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven” (Luke 10:18), and in the book of the Revelation Satan is seen as “a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth” (Revelation 9:1).

We are also told that one third of an “innumerable company of angels” (Hebrews 12:22) chose to rebel with him. John saw this great wonder in heaven, “…an enormous red dragon…His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth…the great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him” (Revelation 12:3–9).

Since Satan is referred to as a star which fell or was cast down to earth, and Revelation 12:4 says a third of the stars were cast out with him, then the conclusion is that the stars in Revelation 12 refer to fallen angels, fully one third of the heavenly host. If the one-third number is in fact accurate, what assurance that is! Two thirds of the angels are still on God's side, and for followers of Christ, they are on our side as well.

_000_

BANNED
Banned
Good idea._000_, what does being "God" mean?

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them,
saying, I am the light of the world:
he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness,
but shall have the light of life.

Jesus is the light.

God is the life.

The light of life.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator