Interview a Member Thread

Arthur Brain

How long could this interview be, anyway? I imagine it'll go something like this:

*clears throat*

Quincy: So, AB, tell us a bit about your childhood.

AB: :plain:

Quincy: That's quite fascinating really. The Queen has always been your inspiration then?

Quincy: What events in your life have most influenced your theological leanings?

Quincy: I find that hard to believe! The ears extended a full THREE feet from the rabbit's head?! That's incredible! Tell us more!

Quincy: *shakes head* Fascinating! Absolutely fascinating. Let's move on the your sense of humoUr. When, exactly, do you expect to gain one?

Quincy: *laughing* Well, it's a lofty goal to be sure! It's been so nice talking with you today, AB. You are a great, albeit :plain: addition to TOL. Have you and final comments or words of wisdom for the readers?

Quincy: I couldn't have said it more plainly myself. Thank you, sir, it's been a real pleasure.

Well really....one is almost lost for words, and in addition one's monocle has fallen off....

:mmph:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
How about using this one for comments/invitation and having a clean thread that's only the interviews (with the hide function to limit pages) so no one has to wade through two pages of goofing to get to the next interview?

TOL: the Interviews?

Just solidifying the notion...it's your baby, but the more I look at this and consider format and clarity the more I'm convinced it could become a thread of record.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Continuing on the path of trying to bring different threads with a community focus to the forum, I thought I'd introduce one of the more interesting threads I tend to find on other forums. So here is how it works:

I'm starting off with three interviews of forum members Arthur Brain, Thunder's Muse and Coffee is King. I'll also post an interview a friend did of myself, to be fair.

From there, if you want to be interviewed, just post in the thread and I'll send you a pm. Depending on how many people want to be interviewed, I'll post more either weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. It doesn't matter what creed or political viewpoint you have, I'll interview everyone the same with some slight tailoring to your unique personality ( I read everyone's posts, even if I don't talk to you I probably know you better than you think :chuckle: ).

Of course if you want to discuss something a member expresses in their interview, please go right ahead. If you'd like to interview someone yourself and share it, that's cool too :) . On to the interviews, I hope you all enjoying reading them and learn some things about our membership in the process :e4e: .
Neat idea, Quincy.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I game to be interviewed too.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How about using this one for comments/invitation and having a clean thread that's only the interviews (with the hide function to limit pages) so no one has to wade through two pages of goofing to get to the next interview?

Just solidifying the notion...it's your baby, but the more I look at this and consider format and clarity the more I'm convinced it could become a thread of record.

Are you trying to say something?! Just come out and say it! You've no regard at all for the quality of my commentary! :D :p

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Terrific "Get to Know" thread with a twist. I hope you keep it up. Hint: AMR would be a good one to interview if he'd allow it. I think Knight would be one a great many people wouldn't mind a larger window into. :thumb: That sort of thing. Carry on. :eek:

Yes, I would participate. I once suggested that Knight create a special forum wherein two members could ask one another five questions and get two rounds each to respond. This is close enough. ;)

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Indeed. As noted above.

AMR

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Indeed. As noted above.

AMR
I'm hoping he takes me up on an offer of putting together the interview only thread so it can act as an instant, more in depth profile bit without all the extraneous commentary. Reminds me of the end of show questions on Inside the Actor's Studio, which might make a good companion thread, less about particulars and more about mental process. :think:

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm hoping he takes me up on an offer of putting together the interview only thread so it can act as an instant, more in depth profile bit without all the extraneous commentary. Reminds me of the end of show questions on Inside the Actor's Studio, which might make a good companion thread, less about particulars and more about mental process. :think:
Yup. Found a reference to my former proposal:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41373

Looks like the original post got pruned in one of the database purges.

Yes, the Actor's Studio analogy is a good one. Although when Robin Williams was in the hot seat he still never grasped the concept.

AMR

zoo22

Inside the Actor's Studio interviews wind up more as conversational and winding than straightforward "here's a list of questions."

I like the TOL interview idea. There are a few specific "interviewer/interviewee" pairings I'd love to read, if they were approached seriously.

I wouldn't mind interviewing someone, but I'm not sure who. I'll give it some thought.

zoo22

Also, if there was a locked thread containing interviews, I think it'd be important to have a thread like this where they could be discussed.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
every reply here at TOL should be treated as if it were an interview
and
that would certainly improve the quality of the posts

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I would love to read the interviews. I'm incurably curious and then I would spend less time looking at profile pages. Maybe. :)

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From there, if you want to be interviewed, just post in the thread and I'll send you a pm. Depending on how many people want to be interviewed, I'll post more either weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. It doesn't matter what creed or political viewpoint you have, I'll interview everyone the same with some slight tailoring to your unique personality ( I read everyone's posts, even if I don't talk to you I probably know you better than you think :chuckle: ).

I wouldn't mind being interviewed, although I don't know if anyone would be interested in reading it since I just posted my re-introduction for TOL newbies. :chuckle: I've led a somewhat interesting life.