Interview a Member Thread

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also, if there was a locked thread containing interviews, I think it'd be important to have a thread like this where they could be discussed.
Indeed. Just the two persons and no one else.

In the standard threads some folks seem unwilling to politely follow the request of thread starters as relates to requested participation. I guess the desire to be seen overwhelms their normal sense of propriety. Either that, or they simply do not read the thread before chiming right in. I have made that last mistake myself, to my own public embarrassment.

AMR

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Indeed. Just the two persons and no one else.

In the standard threads some folks seem unwilling to politely follow the request of thread starters as relates to requested participation. I guess the desire to be seen overwhelms their normal sense of propriety. Either that, or they simply do not read the thread before chiming right in. I have made that last mistake myself, to my own public embarrassment.

AMR

I hope that I have not been an offender. I try to pay attention to the OP and see if the request has been made. My apologies if I have offended. :e4e:

zoo22

I like AMR's suggestion of having a follow-up Q/A... Two sets of questions/answers. Allows a little back & forth, an opportunity to go a bit deeper, an opportunity to clarify.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I hope that I have not been an offender. I try to pay attention to the OP and see if the request has been made. My apologies if I have offended. :e4e:

No worries:

From there, if you want to be interviewed, just post in the thread and I'll send you a pm. Depending on how many people want to be interviewed, I'll post more either weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. It doesn't matter what creed or political viewpoint you have, I'll interview everyone the same with some slight tailoring to your unique personality ( I read everyone's posts, even if I don't talk to you I probably know you better than you think :chuckle: ).

Of course if you want to discuss something a member expresses in their interview, please go right ahead. If you'd like to interview someone yourself and share it, that's cool too :) .

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not to worry, brother.

My post was not implicitly directed to anyone specifically. It happens all the time from what I have seen. I rarely start my own threads, so I do notice it when I personally am the victim, of sorts. ;)

AMR

Quincy

How about using this one for comments/invitation and having a clean thread that's only the interviews (with the hide function to limit pages) so no one has to wade through two pages of goofing to get to the next interview?

TOL: the Interviews?

Just solidifying the notion...it's your baby, but the more I look at this and consider format and clarity the more I'm convinced it could become a thread of record.

I appreciate the thought and good will you are showing this ideal TH. As I posted to your visitor profile and for everyone elses reference, TH offered to post the interviews to a thread that he can control the opening and closing of. Just send me back your interview, I'll format it and then send it to him for a simple reposting. We can use this thread for discussion and so forth from now on.

If I may, Town, I like your ideal for a thread title. Perhaps, just to differentiate between this thread, make it TOL: The "Official/Standard/Orignal or somethins similar" Interviews? You are the man with the awesome intelligence my friend :) . I'm sure you can think of a catchy title to show it as the base of the interviews.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I appreciate the thought and good will you are showing this ideal TH. As I posted to your visitor profile and for everyone elses reference, TH offered to post the interviews to a thread that he can control the opening and closing of. Just send me back your interview, I'll format it and then send it to him for a simple reposting. We can use this thread for discussion and so forth from now on.

If I may, Town, I like your ideal for a thread title. Perhaps, just to differentiate between this thread, make it TOL: The Official Interviews?
Since we aren't part of the admin. and haven't any particular sanction, maybe TOL: The Interview Archive.

Quincy

Oh .. That's cool. But I was just wondering about the girly avatars. I guess you answered that. :)

Hey, I got nothing to hide :chuckle: . I have seen some people refer to me as "she" lately, mostly newer people so I figured it best to restate that.

Interview the vampire next. :think:

Who is that? Selaphiel?

Inside the Actor's Studio interviews wind up more as conversational and winding than straightforward "here's a list of questions."

I like the TOL interview idea. There are a few specific "interviewer/interviewee" pairings I'd love to read, if they were approached seriously.

I wouldn't mind interviewing someone, but I'm not sure who. I'll give it some thought.

As I mentioned to AMR in private, I am open to the interviewee suggesting some questions they'd want to be asked, for example. I think the ideal of the followup conversation is great too, but it probably warrants it's own thread as well. I'm formulating a update/mandate (that's not man date Stripe :eek: ) to clear the air, sort of say as I type this.

I like AMR's suggestion of having a follow-up Q/A... Two sets of questions/answers. Allows a little back & forth, an opportunity to go a bit deeper, an opportunity to clarify.

I agree, this should probably be a separate thread as I mentioned earlier, there could potentially be two or three companion threads to the main thread.

I'd be happy to answer follow-up questions :)

It was a lot of fun...my first interview....I felt almost famous :D

Awesome! I like the ideal, we just need to keep threads focused so things dont get out of control. Glad you volunteered!

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You know, once the initial interviews are done any subsequent follow ups would be easy to post using the same hidden bit you do with the standard. In fact, each interview constituting a post, it would be a piece of cake to add a second leg, no?

Mixed metaphors notwithstanding. :eek:

As for the initial interviews I think it would be fairer for everyone to get the same essential treatment with the second round, if warranted, getting more particular...but it's your call of course.

Quincy

Update Post: Please read if you are contributing/following along

In light of the discussion so far, I feel it's necessary to update the original post rules. To make the interviews more personal, if there is some topic that you feel passionate about and want to be asked some script questions about, just let me know the topic and I will work it into your interview. This will allow your discussion afterwards to be more interesting.

If you have already been interviewed and want to add to it for the main thread that TH will be reposting, let me know what topic you'd like to be asked about and I'll send you some questions then add it to the original interview. This won't be the discussion however, just some additional questions that will make your interview a tad more personal though still under the vibe of the script.

The ideal of a companion conversation, one on one thread is a great ideal you guys suggested. I feel that it should also be posted by someone with the ability to open/close threads. It's not fair imo to ask anyone to do it, but if anyone wants to volunteer to post the conversations, it would be awesome. Of course, I'd format the conversation and do that type of work, the person would just need to post the material and close the thread afterwards. If TH wants to just add them using spoilers to the main thread, that would be great too.

As for how you guys can get someone to have the conversation with you, I suppose there are two ways to go about it. If you want to discuss someone's interview with them, just ask them if they'd like to. If you want to elaborate on what you share in your interview, it would probably be best to ask one of your close TOL friends. Someone that fits what you want to do. I will of course discuss things with anyone openly and without structure, but me short of structure doesn't make for a mature time. So you might want to think twice before asking me to :chuckle:, unless you're named Arthur Brain, then it's probably a good fit.

Everyone that has asked for an interview so far, I'll get you one by tomorrow afternoon.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As I mentioned to AMR in private, I am open to the interviewee suggesting some questions they'd want to be asked, for example.

...As for the initial interviews I think it would be fairer for everyone to get the same essential treatment with the second round, if warranted, getting more particular...
I have no special requests, agreeing that the initial items should be along the same lines as the others.

AMR