In the twinkling of an eye

Rosenritter

The HOUR IS COMING that ALL that are in the grave

Surely doesnt sound like they are 1000 yrs apart. If so..... thats a really really long hour

John 4:21-24 KJV
(21) Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
(22) Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
(23) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
(24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

I am a firm believer in very long hours.

clefty

Wouldnt werry bout it Clefty. Youve gotta foul mouth and i cant spell corectly and he cant seem to get the log out of his own eye.

Ha...missed this...

Won’t werry bout it at all...not even an hour...

Being wise as serpents is foul work...for over an hour...lol

clefty

(21) Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
(22) Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
(23) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
(24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Long hours with no rest...not good...

DansingWall

So where does that leave Fred? Fred was a north american Indian who lived in the 1300s. Fred was a good ole boy. He help the widows of his tribe. Fred put food on the tables of those who were less fortunate than he. He helped all those who had a need. Seeing Fred lived in the 1300s he never had a chance to know Christ. Never heard of him. There are those who now claim poor Fred is in hell because he never accepted Christ. Where do you think Fred will end up. Hell? Will he attain eternal {not saved to the kingdom} life at the great white throne resurrection because of his good works toward man?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So where does that leave Fred? Fred was a north american Indian who lived in the 1300s. Fred was a good ole boy. He help the widows of his tribe. Fred put food on the tables of those who were less fortunate than he. He helped all those who had a need. Seeing Fred lived in the 1300s he never had a chance to know Christ. Never heard of him. There are those who now claim poor Fred is in hell because he never accepted Christ. Where do you think Fred will end up. Hell? Will he attain eternal {not saved to the kingdom} life at the great white throne resurrection because of his good works toward man?
Romans 2 addresses this.

DansingWall

REV. 20 [11]And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. [12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and THE BOOKS WERE OPENED: and another book was opened, which is THE BOOK OF LIFE: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS. [13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. [14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. [15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

No mention of belief in Jesus or God. They are simply judged by their works. One of the books opened...the book of life {that would be the book of eternal life mentioned by Jesus in below scripture}

MATTHEW 19 [16]And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? [17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. [18] He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, [19] Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

The works these people will be judged by is that portion of the ten commandments that pertain to your interaction with man. Jesus tells us that, so you can take it to the bank. The man asked Jesus how he should attain eternal life. Jesus did not mention even one of the ten commandments that deal with your interaction with God. Had Jesus been asked, how shall I be saved to the kingdom? Jesus would have given a totally different answer.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
REV. 20 [11]And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. [12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and THE BOOKS WERE OPENED: and another book was opened, which is THE BOOK OF LIFE: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS. [13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. [14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. [15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

No mention of belief in Jesus or God. They are simply judged by their works. One of the books opened...the book of life {that would be the book of eternal life mentioned by Jesus in below scripture}

The passage you quoted above is the judgment of unbelievers.

It is determining the level of punishment, for those who rejected God, based on their works.

MATTHEW 19 [16]And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? [17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. [18] He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, [19] Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Keep reading:

And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more. - Luke 12:47-48 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke12:47-48&version=NKJV

The works these people will be judged by is that portion of the ten commandments that pertain to your interaction with man. Jesus tells us that, so you can take it to the bank. The man asked Jesus how he should attain eternal life. Jesus did not mention even one of the ten commandments that deal with your interaction with God. Had Jesus been asked, how shall I be saved to the kingdom? Jesus would have given a totally different answer.

Taking things out of context is sure to leave one confused.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How would he come to know the one true God

You've never heard of Psalm 19?

The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork.Day unto day utters speech, And night unto night reveals knowledge.There is no speech nor language Where their voice is not heard.Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world. In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun,Which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, And rejoices like a strong man to run its race.Its rising is from one end of heaven, And its circuit to the other end; And there is nothing hidden from its heat. - Psalm 19:1-6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm19:1-6&version=NKJV

The first two verses have four different witnesses that God exists.

God's standard is two or three witnesses are required to establish a matter.

More than enough for any man to recognize that God exists.

if he never heard about Him?

I didn't say "if he never heard about Him."

I said, "even if he didn't know His name."

I think the mormans believe that. Are you a Morman?

I am not.

DansingWall

EZEK.37 [9] Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the FOUR WINDS, O breath, and BREATHE UPON THESE SLAIN, THAT THEY MAY LIVE.[10] So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, AN EXCEEDING GREAT ARMY.[11] Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.[12] Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I WILL OPEN YOUR GRAVES, AND CAUSE YOU TO COME UP OUT OF YOUR GRAVES, AND BRING YOU INTO THE LAND OF ISRAEL.[13] And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,[14] And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

PROPHECY OF THE FOUR WINDS! Zeke 37 also speaks of a resurrection {1Cor.15?}. There are only 2 general resurrections left according to the new testament. One at the 1Cor.15 event {called the rapture by many} and one at the great white throne. And they are not fliting off to heaven as the Rapturist claim but are takin to Israel

MATT.24 [29] IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION OF THOSE DAYS shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:[30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. [31] And he shall send his angels with a GREAT SOUND OF A TRUMPET, and they SHALL GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT FROM THE FOUR WINDS, from one end of heaven to the other.

PROPHECY OF THE FOUR WINDS! It happens right after the tribulation period. On the Day of the Lord. And when they are gathered {in the twinkling of an eye} they are brought into the land of Israel {Ezek.37v12}. The Rapturist claim we are flitting off to heaven at the 1Cor.15 event but you will not find that anywhere in scripture.

keep in mind the trumpet being blown after the tribulation period. The Rapturist claim the LAST trumpet will be blown before the tribulation period. Aint no more after the LAST one

Anyways, which resurrection {1st or 2nd} is found in Zeke 37

Rosenritter

1. I think that Fred and the rest of the dead will be raised from hell in the resurrection with everyone else (save those already raised), including Bob, Jane, Tommy, and Harriet, but as to where he will ultimately end up (or any individual, including Bob, Jane, Tommy, and Harriet) I cannot say. God judges the heart (Jeremiah 11:20) and not knowing Fred's heart I cannot say how he will answer in that judgment. God knows the hearts of all men, I do not.

2. Will he attain eternal life without the kingdom at the great resurrection because of his good works toward man? No, as it is written, "for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." If he will attain unto eternal life, it will be because the grace of God. However, I imagine that a heart that willingly works good towards his fellow man might be more willing to "fall upon the Rock" of Salvation than to resist and be "ground to powder" (Matthew 21:44, see also Matthew 25, "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren...")

Rosenritter

You are right, they are judged by their works. If they are judged from their works, by our works we are all found guilty. Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" and "Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death." The book of life that is opened is a different book.

Read just a few more verses, and you will see that both that man and Jesus acknowledged that keeping those commandments (which he had done from his youth) were not sufficient unto eternal life.

Matthew 19:20-21 KJV
(20) The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
(21) Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

You cut the recorded conversation in half, and with the other half, you can see Jesus did give an entirely different answer than what you gave. Those commandments that pertain unto men weren't going to give him eternal life. "All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?" And then Jesus added something else. This addition that he gave, what do you think that it meant?

Matthew 19:25 KJV
(25) When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

Dartman

EZEK.37 [9] Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the FOUR WINDS, O breath, and BREATHE UPON THESE SLAIN, THAT THEY MAY LIVE.[10] So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, AN EXCEEDING GREAT ARMY.[11] Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.[12] Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I WILL OPEN YOUR GRAVES, AND CAUSE YOU TO COME UP OUT OF YOUR GRAVES, AND BRING YOU INTO THE LAND OF ISRAEL.[13] And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,[14] And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

PROPHECY OF THE FOUR WINDS! Zeke 37 also speaks of a resurrection {1Cor.15?}. There are only 2 general resurrections left according to the new testament. One at the 1Cor.15 event {called the rapture by many} and one at the great white throne. And they are not fliting off to heaven as the Rapturist claim but are takin to Israel

MATT.24 [29] IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION OF THOSE DAYS shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:[30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. [31] And he shall send his angels with a GREAT SOUND OF A TRUMPET, and they SHALL GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT FROM THE FOUR WINDS, from one end of heaven to the other.

PROPHECY OF THE FOUR WINDS! It happens right after the tribulation period. On the Day of the Lord. And when they are gathered {in the twinkling of an eye} they are brought into the land of Israel {Ezek.37v12}. The Rapturist claim we are flitting off to heaven at the 1Cor.15 event but you will not find that anywhere in scripture.

keep in mind the trumpet being blown after the tribulation period. The Rapturist claim the LAST trumpet will be blown before the tribulation period. Aint no more after the LAST one

Anyways, which resurrection {1st or 2nd} is found in Zeke 37
Good post.
It appears you are asking which resurrection is discussed in Eze 37, and the answer to that is the 1st resurrection.

There are only 2 ways that Israelites will be allowed to enter the restored kingdom of Israel;
1) Being faithful, dead, and then resurrected in the 1st resurrection. (examples actually listed in Scripture are, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Moses, Elijah, David, all the other Israelites listed in Heb 11),.
2) surviving Christ's 2nd coming as a mortal, and THEN accepting Jesus during the "purge";

Ezek 20:33-38 As I live, saith the Lord Jehovah, surely with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with wrath poured out, will I be king over you:
34 and I will bring you out from the peoples, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with wrath poured out;
35 and I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there will I enter into judgment with you face to face.
36 Like as I entered into judgment with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I enter into judgment with you, saith the Lord Jehovah.
37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant;
38 and I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me; I will bring them forth out of the land where they sojourn, but they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am Jehovah.

Rom 11:25-27 For I would not, brethren, have you ignorant of this mystery, lest ye be wise in your own conceits, that a hardening in part hath befallen Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in;
26 and so all Israel shall be saved: even as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer; He shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 And this is my covenant unto them, When I shall take away their sins.

Luke 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Ps 2:7-12 I will tell of the decree: Jehovah said unto me, Thou art my son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I will give (thee) the nations for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; Thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
10 Now therefore be wise, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve Jehovah with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the son, lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, for his wrath will soon be kindled. Blessed are all they that take refuge in him.

DansingWall

Good post.
It appears you are asking which resurrection is discussed in Eze 37, and the answer to that is the 1st resurrection.

Yup.

EZEK.37 v 12. Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I WILL OPEN YOUR GRAVES, AND CAUSE YOU TO COME UP OUT OF YOUR GRAVES, AND BRING YOU INTO THE LAND OF ISRAEL.

And look where we are going. To heaven as the Rapturist claim? Nope. We are going to Israel {to the Kingdom}. Right here on Gods green earth.