ECT In spite of Gal 2, Peter considered himself apostle to the Gentiles

marhig

Paul had guidelines for whom Christians were to help. Even a widow had to meet certain guidelines before she would be helped.

1 Timothy 5:9 No widow may be put on the list of widows unless she is over sixty, has been faithful to her husband,

Do you truly in your heart believe that you are only to help other Christians?

God's Truth

Marhig, don't be a hypocrite.

You want to judge me but know the likelihood of someone with kids standing at your door for help you are not going to sell all you have and give it to them.

Where does the Bible tell us to do that? That is nonsense.

marhig

Marhig, don't be a hypocrite.

You want to judge me but know the likelihood of someone with kids standing at your door for help you are not going to sell all you have and give it to them.

Where does the Bible tell us to do that? That is nonsense.

Why are you so defensive? I'm trying to say, that regardless of what you say now, if the spirit is in your heart he would rise up and urge you to help. I don't believe that anyone of God, who came into contact with a family with children who are poor and hungry would walk past. Especially when they saw them in front of them. That's why I asked if they were outside your door, what would you do.

Remember before you call me a hypocrite, you don't know me. Your not my judge!

God's Truth

Irrelevant. You said:

"Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says.”-you

Scammer. Habitual liar.

Don't you recognize Paul's words? HAAAAAAA!

Oh how I love the Word of God!

2 Corinthians 2:9 Another reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything.

God's Truth

Why are you so defensive? I'm trying to say, that regardless of what you say now, if the spirit is in your heart he would rise up and urge you to help. I don't believe that anyone of God, who came into contact with a family with children who are poor and hungry would walk past. Especially when they saw them in front of them. That's why I asked if they were outside your door, what would you do.

Remember before you call me a hypocrite, you don't know me. Your not my judge!

The Bible does not tell us to sell all we have. You are the one who is falsely judging.

marhig

The Bible does not tell us to sell all we have. You are the one who is falsely judging.

You still don't get what I was talking about, God wants us to have a giving heart. And we should share when we see the need. If it takes us that we should sell possessions to help someone in desperate need so be it. If we can't let them go and want to keep hold of them then we are coveting the things of the flesh.

Material possessions are nothing, Gods love and mercy everything, and to let go of material wealth is to gain Gods wealth and strength in the spirit.

God wants a willing giving heart, if you don't agree so be it.

God's Truth

You still don't get what I was talking about, God wants us to have a giving heart. And we should share when we see the need. If it takes us that we should sell possessions to help someone in desperate need so be it. If we can't let them go and want to keep hold of them then we are coveting the things of the flesh.

Material possessions are nothing, Gods love and mercy everything, and to let go of material wealth is to gain Gods wealth and strength in the spirit.

God wants a willing giving heart, if you don't agree so be it.

You are going against the truth. Nowhere does God tell everyone to sell all they have to help someone.

marhig

You are going against the truth. Nowhere does God tell everyone to sell all they have to help someone.

He did through Jesus, and Jesus taught us to share with the poor, not to say I pay my taxes so off you go to the homeless shelter!

Matthew 19

If thou wilt be perfect, go*and*sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come*and follow me.

Luke 3

And the people asked him, saying, What shall we do then?

He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.

Luke 6

and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not*to take thy*coat also. Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask*them*not again.*And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.*For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.*And if ye lend*to them*of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.*But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and*to*the evil.*Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Jesus taught us to give, love and share, not only with the poor but with our enemies also!

musterion

That doesn't even make sense. What sins do you not know you are doing and have done? You don't know? lol

This isn't about me. It's about YOU and how you define repentance. According to you, "repent" means "stop sinning." By that definition, you can commit a particular sin ONCE. Once it's forgiven -- IF it's forgiven -- Hebrews 10:26 proves that God is under no requirement to forgive it TWICE because you willfully CHOSE to commit that same sin AGAIN...at which point, there's no way for it to be forgiven.

You've admitted you continue to sin despite having said you "repented." That proves you didn't really stop sinning (according to your definition of "repent") but in fact lied to God. That means you are lost.

God's Truth

This isn't about me. It's about YOU and how you define repentance. According to you, "repent" means "stop sinning."

That is what JESUS says. Don't you care about what Jesus says? Why do you post here if you will not recognize the words of God?

We ARE TO REPENT OF OUR SINS.

Luke 17:3 So watch yourselves. “If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent,forgive them.

Luke 17:4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”

Revelation 9:2120The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands. They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk. 21Furthermore, they did notrepent of their murder, sorcery, sexual immorality, and theft.

1 Kings 8:47 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly’;

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land wherethey are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Did you read that?!!! Do you think you can change God's Truth?!!!

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

Ezekiel 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony

Revelation 16:11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

Revelation 2:5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.

God's Truth

This isn't about me. It's about YOU and how you define repentance. According to you, "repent" means "stop sinning." By that definition, you can commit a particular sin ONCE. Once it's forgiven -- IF it's forgiven -- Hebrews 10:26 proves that God is under no requirement to forgive it TWICE because you willfully CHOSE to commit that same sin AGAIN...at which point, there's no way for it to be forgiven.

You've admitted you continue to sin despite having said you "repented." That proves you didn't really stop sinning (according to your definition of "repent") but in fact lied to God. That means you are lost.

You are a liar for I have not said to you I keep sinning. Something is deadly wrong with someone who will lie about another as you have.

God's Truth

He did through Jesus, and Jesus taught us to share with the poor, not to say I pay my taxes so off you go to the homeless shelter!

Matthew 19

If thou wilt be perfect, go*and*sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come*and follow me.

Luke 3

And the people asked him, saying, What shall we do then?

He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.

Luke 6

and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not*to take thy*coat also. Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask*them*not again.*And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.*For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.*And if ye lend*to them*of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.*But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and*to*the evil.*Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Jesus taught us to give, love and share, not only with the poor but with our enemies also!

You have no understanding. Jesus told HIS TRAVELING DISCIPLES TO GIVE UP ALL THEY HAD AND FOLLOW HIM.

Jesus does not tell everyone to sell all they have. If you believe that, then you are the worst of the hypocrites, because you HAVE A HOME DON'T YOU? You have a computer you need to get rid of.

Danoh

That is what JESUS says. Don't you care about what Jesus says? Why do you post here if you will not recognize the words of God?

We ARE TO REPENT OF OUR SINS.

Luke 17:3 So watch yourselves. “If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent,forgive them.

Luke 17:4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”

Revelation 9:2120The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands. They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk. 21Furthermore, they did notrepent of their murder, sorcery, sexual immorality, and theft.

1 Kings 8:47 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly’;

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land wherethey are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Did you read that?!!! Do you think you can change God's Truth?!!!

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

Ezekiel 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony

Revelation 16:11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

Revelation 2:5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.

GT is "in Jacob" :chuckle: