ECT In spite of Gal 2, Peter considered himself apostle to the Gentiles

marhig

You are the judgmental one. I am defending the faith and you joined in with the accuser.
Joined in with your accuser, what??

I am only saying that we should share. If you saw someone in desperate need, and you had possessions you could sell, would you not sell them to help them?

God's Truth

Joined in with your accuser, what??

I am only saying that we should share. If you saw someone in desperate need, and you had possessions you could sell, would you not sell them to help them?

So are you saying you do not see anyone in need so you decided to keep your house and your computer?

marhig

So are you saying you do not see anyone in need so you decided to keep your house and your computer?

I don't have much. But I will share when I see the need, and i wouldn't do this without God, I'd be selfish. What I'm saying is that God changes our hearts.

I think that the message that Jesus was giving out was that we shouldn't love our worldly possessions before him. And nothing in this world should mean so much to us, that we can't let it go for Christ's sake if we have to. That's what I mean. If we see the need then we should be able to part with our possessions to help others.

God's Truth

I don't have much. But I will share when I see the need, and i wouldn't do this without God, I'd be selfish. What I'm saying is that God changes our hearts.

I think that the message that Jesus was giving out was that we shouldn't love our worldly possessions before him. And nothing in this world should mean so much to us, that we can't let it go for Christ's sake if we have to. That's what I mean. If we see the need then we should be able to part with our possessions to help others.

You are giving mixed messages.

Jesus does not tell everyone to sell all they have and give it away.

Even the people in the scriptures you thought said that, they did not do that, they SHARED...but even then, we are NOT all told to do that.

Jesus wants us to put him above all things, but the rich man who had God in the flesh right in front of him, he could not give it all up for Jesus and go on an earthy ministry, a time like no other.

Jesus knew he loved his possession more.

marhig

You are giving mixed messages.

Jesus does not tell everyone to sell all they have and give it away.

Even the people in the scriptures you thought said that, they did not do that, they SHARED...but even then, we are NOT all told to do that.

Jesus wants us to put him above all things, but the rich man who had God in the flesh right in front of him, he could not give it all up for Jesus and go on an earthy ministry, a time like no other.

Jesus knew he loved his possession more.
Yes I agree, Jesus knew he loved his possession more. But I do believe that Jesus would want us to share when we see the need.

marhig

Well, if you saw a starving family outside your door with little children and nowhere to sleep, and you had possessions to sell to help them. Would you do it?

marhig

Do you not pay taxes to help the poor? Do you not have homeless shelters to give shelter and food?
I'm asking that, if you had a homeless family outside your house with children starving and in need, would you sell your any of your possessions to help them. Homeless shelters and paying taxes don't come into it

God's Truth

I'm asking that, if you had a homeless family outside your house with children starving and in need, would you sell your any of your possessions to help them. Homeless shelters and paying taxes don't come into it

We have places in America that help the homeless and hungry.

Even Paul taught to help the widow who was faithful to God and was a Christian who obeyed in all ways

What you are suggesting is nonsense.

How would you sell everything to help a family outside your door if you can help them by taking them to the homeless shelter?

marhig

We have places in America that help the homeless and hungry.

Even Paul taught to help the widow who was faithful to God and was a Christian who obeyed in all ways

What you are suggesting is nonsense.

How would you sell everything to help a family outside your door if you can help them by taking them to the homeless shelter?

I hope that I would share with others, I think Jesus would share if he had it and saw the need.

By the way James said this

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction,and*to keep himself unspotted from the world.

He didn't specify which fatherless, and which widows, so I take it should help anyone who are in need of God and Christ

I think we be there for others in need, and that we should help one another regardless of what religion belong to. The good Samaritan helped the man regardless of who he was or what religion he was, and he went the two mile when he saw the need. God is no respecter of persons, and I believe that we should help when we see the need, whoever they are and whatever they believe.

God's Truth

I hope that I would share with others, I think Jesus would share if he had it and saw the need.

By the way James said this

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction,and*to keep himself unspotted from the world.

He didn't specify which fatherless, and which widows, so I take it should help anyone who are in need of God and Christ

I think we be there for others in need, and that we should help one another regardless of what religion belong to. The good Samaritan helped the man regardless of who he was or what religion he was, and he went the two mile when he saw the need. God is no respecter of persons, and I believe that we should help when we see the need, whoever they are and whatever they believe.

The good Samaritan did not do what you are suggesting.

Just stay close to God's Truth.

God's Truth

Paul had guidelines for whom Christians were to help. Even a widow had to meet certain guidelines before she would be helped.

1 Timothy 5:9 No widow may be put on the list of widows unless she is over sixty, has been faithful to her husband,

God's Truth

1 Timothy 5:16
If any woman who is a believer has widows in her care, she should continue to help them and not let the church be burdened with them, so that the church can help those widows who are really in need.

1 Timothy 5:4 But if a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God.